1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viconia romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by zhak, Dec 19, 2000.

1. zhak Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hey
    I've played through the game once already and didn't get any of the romance scripts. I'm playing again, my character is a male half-elf kensai/mage. Viconia is the only female in my party. I am at the end of CH. 3 and still nothing has happened so I used Shadow Keeper to trigger the Romance (set global variable viconiaromance=1 and set the value to 200000 the result was she immediately started a dialog and told me how attractive I was, my response could be to tell her the same, say her beauty is marred by the way she treats others, tell her she knows how beautiful she is and doesn't need me to say anything, or tell her to forget about it. I chose to tell her her is marred. nothing has happened since then, did I answer wrong, what am I supposed to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-zhak

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You should have told her that she is an exotic creature. You really don't know how to treat women eh.

3. zhak Gems: 1/31

well, I originally responded that way because I was told that if I chose the nice response it would piss her off. In anycase I tried again and get a different dialog about humans treating her poorly, I chose the response that lead to me saying I'm different and she shouldn't judge us all, really the most positive answer. She hasn't said anything since then, is there anyway for me to tell how things are going?

I would really like something to happen before chapter 5.

4. Shura Gems: 25/31

Wait a while. She'll soon apologize. Be sickeningly nice to her.

5. t4sK Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

but, but.. she has blue skin! You guys make me sick. :D

6. Shura Gems: 25/31

It's black. Yeah, and I like women with attitude.

7. Drur Gems: 1/31

Anyone able to help me with this? Basically, I tried using ShadowKeeper to trigger the romance with Viconia and it's not working. At least, not from what I can tell. I set the "VICONIAROMANCE" to 200000, like you mentioned and "VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE" to 1. Am I doing something wrong here? :p

8. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Are you doing something wrong?

Of course you are, you are using ShadowKeeper :p

But I have no idea what went wrong. Sorry.

P.S. Good choice!

[This message has been edited by Rhythm (edited January 08, 2002).]

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

"but, but.. she has blue skin! "

I have a reply to that, but it might offend someone, so I won't use it.

Anyway, the Viconia romance is the most difficult (I think). With Arie, you have to be nice but optimistic. With Jaheria, you just have to be nice. But with Viconia, you have to be mean sometimes, nice others, and always in the male caste.

But her accent is the most alluring of the three. The real question that everyone seems to be missing is: Are drow chicks' breasts larger than all the others?

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] 1. None of romances is difficult.
    2. ShadowCheater is not good choice to speed up the romance.
    3. You were already answered where to download the Romancing Guide - with almost all details on romances.
    4. You're messing the variables too much.
    5. What's your excuse to resurrect such old topic?

*shrug*

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited January 08, 2002).]

11. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yes i think drow elves have large breasts if u wanted to know. It says during the romance(i prefer to call it passionate love cause im sad)that dow have conquered lovemaking better than any other species.

p.s i think they either haven't seen Shierk or are just jealous dragons are more attractive then them

p.p.s Blue skin is such a turn on guys!!!

p.p.p.s So is dragon hide

12. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Alienboy, you are crazy...
    Dragons and donkeys...
    *sigh*
    You are gonna end up with a cow soon, thinking "Cows are just *soo* sexy! Just like dragons, donkeys and drow women!"
    *sigh*
    :p

[This message has been edited by Eilonwy (edited January 09, 2002).]

13. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I haven't completed any romances at all.. When I played with Aerie I just got pissed off and she sucks when we have to kill. Jaheira romance is slow and annoying.. I killed Irenicus and I only spoke a few words during the game. I have never had Viconia in my party because I lose reputation and her attributes suck. Good cleric but not very offensive and quite useless because of that.

14. LiquidusSnake Gems: 1/31

I believe Jahiera is the most Romantic, Viconia is alluring but, hard to trigger

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.