1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Video Cards?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Gormenghast, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Does anybody know how i find out what kind of video card i have?

I haven't got any papers about my computer but is there any way i can find out what type of video card i have while i am on my computer?

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Go into the controlpanel, then enter system. Look at the various devices, untill you find your videocard. Can't help you any more, as I have a national version of windows, and so don't know the english words.

3. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Ok thanks for the information, but i couldn't quite find what i was looking for!
    I opened system up and then i went into "Device Manager" and then i had information about my A & D drives game controlers etc..
    I did find something that i thought might be a video card it started off with Intel and another one i found with "hub" or something like that!
    But since i am not a computer expert, i just know quite a bit about them but not enough to figure out this dilema!

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

you can't really, the way Grovflab describes you can find the installed drivers for the Graphic card, but the card itself might be different.

But why do you want to know what kind of graphic card it is?

5. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

There's always the option of opening the computer up and taking a look at it. They say on the chipset what it is.

6. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you have an onboard graphicscard, it might be problematic to find the card.

7. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yeah, on-board graphics card are quite a pain sometimes. Usually if you have a recent graphics card, you can tell what it is by the way Grovflab explained.

8. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

go into control panel and enter the system icon, then look for the tab that says display adapter and open that, it should open up and display whatever diplay driver you are using.

9. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Hey thanks Fat Egg & others!
    I wanted to know because black & white doesnt seem to run as fast on my coputer!
    On my friends computer it runs perfect and i don't know why when i have more Mghz, more Ram and more hardrive space!
    Then he sugested it might be the graphics card so i thought i should find out if the one i have is a good one!
    This is the one i have: Intel(r)82810E Graphics Controler 4.12.01.2576
    Do any of you know if this card is good or bad?

10. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

that seems to be an internal graphics adapter with 3d capabilities, however it isnt really a 3d card, since it is the default connection.

11. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

Thanks Fat Egg!
    Do you think i need a better video card to improve the performance of black & white?

12. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

A new graphics card would probably help, yes.

13. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

i would think so gormenghast, i suggest any of the geforce cards, or a voodoo 5, or if you are pressed for money, try a viper v770

14. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I guess i have to add that to my list of what i need to upgrade on my computer also.

15. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31

Thanks alot!

Just got the Voodoo 5, i am getting in my system soon!

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

That should work... Black and White is a very detailed game (graphics) and the system requirements are high. When you just got an 8mb AGP card or something, this should really make the game much more playable for you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.