1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Visa Question about American Citizens entering Europe

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Hey guys I've got a bit of a problem here.

I'm leaving for the U.S on January 1st to visit some friends and then I'll be heading to Spain on January 5th so I get there on the 6th, just in time for class to start on the 7th.

Here's the problem. I just went back to the Spanish Embassy here in Manila and they told me that my student visa isn't ready yet and wont be until maybe mid January. Now canceling my flights is NOT an option because they're non-refundable.

Here's my advantage, I'm a dual citizen and have both a Filipino and American Passport. It's my Filipino Passport that the Embassy is going to issue the visa to so I still have my American passport.

My plan is to proceed to the U.S and then Spain anyway with my American passport because AFAIK U.S citizens can enter Spain (and other Schengen countries) without a visa and stay for up to 90 days, correct? Then when my visa is finally issued (within 90 days for sure) my mom can get it then send it to me in Spain and its like the delay never happened.

Is my plan possible? Or are there any problems that you guys can see me encountering right off the bat? Also, I read in a site that I need to have a round-trip ticket when I enter Spain without a visa, is that true? Because that would be a problem for me as I'm flying one way to Spain from the U.S.

Thanks guys, the speedier the replies the more grateful I'll be, this situation is really stressing me out like you have no idea :eek:

2. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Well I can't say for certain but if it's for a holiday I'm sure you'd be able to get a tourist visa until your student visa is ready.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

cool, thanks for the reply cal. I'm actually in Spain already now on said tourist visa. Waiting on my students' visa.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.