1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Visit lovely Dereth

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Shralp, May 17, 2002.

1. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Dereth is the island on which Asheron's Call is set, of course.

Just thought maybe some of you would like to see screenshots that ArtE and I have taken. [Just added two from Damona.]

Remember, you can download and play for a month for free if you have a credit card: http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/acdownload.asp

Screenshots:

Before heading out on a quest with our patron Bruce (in blue), my friend Kao (left), ArtEChoke (with helmet), and I (in orange), buy supplies in Hebian-to. Bruce is a high-level swordsman who helps us in exchange for XP. The hand on the left of the shot is the healer, where you go for -- surprisingly enough -- healing potions, mana potions, healing kits, etc. Bruce also gave us some jewelry that cast armor spells, quickness spells, strength spells, etc. www.jamiedmcdonald.com/KaoArtShane.jpg

ArtEChoke kills off one Virtuous Doll, only to be confronted by another. Happily, he survived this day. www.jamiedmcdonald.com/doll.jpg

Damona and ArtEChoke (with his flaming staff) finish killing of a bunch of drudges. www.jamiedmcdonald.com/drudgeslaughter.jpg

After ArtEChoke and I got done killing a zombie that would just not sit still, I took an overhead shot while ArtEChoke tried on his new drudge mask. We crack wise a lot. www.jamiedmcdonald.com/artedrudge.jpg

I levitate a bit in order to rest while Damona (Eye Vannah) tells me what a strumpet she is. I think I was waiting for her to catch up after she had died. It was raining. www.jamiedmcdonald.com/shaneafk.jpg

Kao and I decided to get some armor at a blacksmith shop in Rithwic. Here we're standing so close together we appear to be one person. Once we linked up, we created a fellowship (allows us to share XP instead of everything going to the one who got the killing blow in), and set off to kill some bad guys. www.jamiedmcdonald.com/arteshan.jpg

While wandering through the desert we came to the town of Al Arqas, where there was a nice hot spring. We decided to relax a bit while waiting for Bruce to catch up. (Me in orange, ArtEChoke in yellow, and Damona in the MC Hammer pants) www.jamiedmcdonald.com/thelife.jpg

ArtEChoke discovered that the hearts of golems can be made into some sort of special key, so he's been hunting them like crazy lately. Here he finds out how nasty mud golems are. Note his inventory and his super cool glove. This is another of his masks he got from killing a bad guy and making a hat out of its face.: www.jamiedmcdonald.com/artegolem.jpg

While we were waiting for people to catch up (Damona), ArtEChoke (on bottom) and I decided to rest. I had just killed a rabbit after I goaded it into attacking just for fun in the town of Zaikhal. www.jamiedmcdonald.com/sitonmyface.jpg

[This message has been edited by Shralp (edited May 17, 2002).]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Man, you really need to convert those to JPEG or something; those bitmaps are a bear to download.

3. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Yeah, yeah. Site is down for a bit while I do that.

[Ok, everything is kosher now.]

[This message has been edited by Shralp (edited May 17, 2002).]

4. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'd like to point out that there's alot more questing, and combat involved than the screenshots would suggest... We don't generally think to take a screencap when we could be on the brink of death.

But here's a good combat shot of Nul fighing a pretty formidable creature. These guys are tough to take down.

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Shralp, I have some really good combat shots from the olthoi cave, if you're interested. After looking these over, I decided to focus on more combat-oriented stuff. (Along with various nekkid pictures and funny shots, of course.)

6. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Oooooh. Olthoi are cool. I think Kao is wearing an olthoi mask/helmet in the first picture above. (They're the insect race that's trying to take over the planet.)

Send, send.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.