1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wacky road names

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Celesialraven, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

After reading an article on wacky street names ( here) I got to wondering if any of you out there know of roads that can contend with the top 3 in the list of America's wackiest. Anyway, to help support mass sloth and encourage the lazyness we all so cherish, i posted the full top 10 here.

The complete top 10 list included:

10. Tater Peeler Road in Lebanon, Tenn.

9. The intersection of Count and Basie in Richmond, Va.

8. Shades of Death Road in Warren County, N.J.

7. Unexpected Road in Buena, N.J.

6. Bucket of Blood Street in Holbrook, Ariz.

5. The intersection of Clinton and Fidelity in Houston

4. The intersection of Lonesome and Hardup in Albany, Ga.

3. Farfrompoopen Road in Tennessee (the only road up to Constipation Ridge)

2. Divorce Court in Heather Highlands, Pa.

1. Psycho Path in Traverse City, Mich.

So there you have it. Can any of you top Farfrompoopen Road? Remember, all of these roads actually do exist.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    ok, there's a road in California that you pass when you're driving on I-15 that's called Zzyzx Road.
    That's the only funny/odd road name that I can think of offhand... :rolling:

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

On road names... did you know, the most used road name is not 1st street, but 3rd street? How does that happen? Where did all the firsts and second streets go?

Heehee, Pyscho Path.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I think you're a little off there. The most used street name is actually 2nd street, the reason being that though every town has a Main street or 1st street, very few have both. ;) But every town has a second street.

Farfrompoopen... :lol:

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Pah, Fel, it doesn't matter. 3rd, second, as long as it isn't first, it is interesting :p .

Bucket of Blood Stree?! :eek: I'll bet Jason and Freddy live there...

6. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, we've got a road named "Eelcoffin Road" here in Denmark. That's odd too, methinks :p - moreover the road is located in "Waterloose"; get it? The ''eel coffin'' is in Waterloose :hahaerr: .

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    We have a road called 'Tubby Lane' which I found mildly amusing as the mother of a 4 yr old Teletubbies addict :lol:

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hehehe, I like the 'Psycho Path' :lol: All I can think of at the moment is Gay St.

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You really have to wonder what kind of city planner would allow some of these names to be accepted. Sure, they're funny and all, but its just not right for a street name. I mean Shades of Death? What kind of a name is that? Other than hilarious, I mean. :p

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There is a road sign in New Zealand that says "SH 2 Heaven", i.e. State Highway 2 Heaven.

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Some proof of the Tubby Lane - ness. I knew I had a file somewhere on this machine! :lol:

12. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

In Athens there is a corner between two streets, which greatly resembles the choice one has in life :D
    The one street is named Gay Street, and the other one is named Straight Street.
    Isn't this some god made prank or what :p

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Mithrantir: Okay, now I want to know where in Athens that is. I definately want to check it out when I go back there.

Oh, and how about Kingsmount as a road name?

14. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

In my city we have a Rushholme road... i wonder if many people get speeding tickets?

I'm afraid thats all I can come up with (I actually searched a map of the city and thats the best one i found. What a boring city...)

15. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

It's not actually a street name but in the country around my house we have a road called "Duck F**k Road".

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

:lol: That actually reminds me of one we have in Madison. One of the major roads is Mineral Point Road, which becomes Speedway after a 45 degree turn, then Regent Street after a 45 degree turn back at the end. Like this:
    . ._
    _/
    On both sides of the few blocks named Speedway is a big graveyard. I look at it as a commentary on the consequences. ;)

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My parents have a picture of a street sign from Northern California:

Pig Turd Alley

18. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

There's two streets going past the prison in Heidelberg: "Unterer Fauler Pelz" and "Oberer Fauler Pelz". "Upper Sluggard/Sloth-Bear" and "Lower Sluggard/Sloth-Bear".

Also, apparently there's a "Tittentasterstraße" ("Breast-Feeler Street". Though "Titten" can better translated to another word in english, meaning the same as "Female Breast". I think you can guess which one, it's very stimilar to the german word. :p ) in many towns in northern Germany. It's probably from the homes of the midwifes that controlled the milk flow in the breasts of wet nurses by touching the women's breasts, that were located at those streets.

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Never mind the German translation, even TittenTASTER is funny as hell.

I still find it amusing to turn onto "Queens Avenue" in my hometown. The lack of an apostrophe really alters the meaning of the road.

20. D171087 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

we have Sunan Kuning street in Semarang, Indonesia,,, well it can be said by "yellow prophet" in english,, but it's used for prostitution place,,, hahahaha,, a prophet and prostitution,,,

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.