1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warrior Kings, anyone?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by chevalier, Oct 6, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  2. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'm playing it at the moment on a P500 with 320MB of RAM (It crashes through lack of memory now and again).

Its like Age of empires (only in 3D).

The speed, control and responsiveness elements of playability have been sacrificed to allow the 3D Engine to run at a reasonable rate.

It may not be that old, but it is definitely a baby when veiwed in the light of the upcoming 'Battle For Middle Earth' and 'Total War' RTS game titles that are due out 'real soon now'.

Any way, there is a freely available demo here, so if you have broadband you can check it out for yourself.

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I was playing it not too long ago, until a strange thing happened. I think it was in the third level, where you have to free someone from a prison in a mountainvillage, dressed like monks.

I blew up the northern part of the wall, to lure the guards away from the prison, and when they were gone, the prisoner stepped out of the prison, and then the game just froze. Everything was still moving, and you could hear the sounds of the town, but i couldn't control my men anymore. All i could do was stare at the screen, and the prisoner was just standing there... nothing happened. Very weird.

I've been asking around on WK forums what the problem could be, but there wasn't much activity going on there, so i'm still confused about what the hell that was all about.

Too bad, the game looked very promising to me.

4. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@Pac Man
    That is a bug in the game.

If you position troops other than monks anywhere near the city, then the captive steps out of the prison and is killed by the guards.

If there are no guards to kill him then the game appears to freeze.

What I did;

Use the monks to batter any bit of wall to allow them to get max weapon experiece.

Kill the two isolated guards in the city using all three monks (and using a different monk as the primary attacker each time so that all three monks survive).

Use your three bombs to kill the three groups of guards. (And blow up the back wall if you can, at the same time).

Then click on the prision to free the captive.

Walk the monks out through the hole in the back wall and down the hillside. The level should end at that point.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Thank you very much for that info Bluin, i'll try that later today, and see if it makes a difference.

I haven't played since that happened, about 3 months ago, and i really felt bad that i couldn't continue. The screenshots i saw from the game defenitely looked promising to me. Maybe i get to see it after all. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.