1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warwic

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by kuemper, Nov 15, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Good morrow, Select Adventurer!

This parchment is an invitation to my village and dungeon to aid you in your new career as an adventurer!

Warwic village holds most of what a young adventurer like you needs. There is housing available, several shoppes to spend in, two taverns, several training halls, a non-denominational temple for any healing and divine needs and a mage tower for those of a more arcane bent.

I understand that becoming an adventurer is a decision of some report. Not all have the necessary skills or mindset to succeed, though you,
    Select Adventurer are the exception to the rule! Should you choose to accept my offer of training, you will find yourself unerringly seeking the correct direction to Warwic village and, after three days time, discover the walls of my quaint home.

Yours very truly,
    Warwic

P.S. Do not worry! This letter is *supposed* to fade upon your acceptence! -W

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Dala walked into town and craned her neck at all the tall buildings.

"Jeez, I'm gonna get lost in here if I don't have a map. Pardon me... Excuse... Ifyoucouldjust... *sigh*"

None of the passers-by noticed her small stature, and she resigned herself to navigating the streets by her lonesome. Spotting a temple in the distance, she decided to try her luck there.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Fienna saw the dwarf coming down the road towards the temple tried to hail her

"Excuse me Miss Dwarf, Miss Dwarf"

Fienna shouted as she moved towards the short figure.

4. Felinoid

Finally, someone who isn't blind to the height-impaired.

"Yes, hello. Me name be Dala, by the by. So what be ye wantin', Miss...?" she asked with a lopsided grin.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Shurka kept her head down inside the city walls. Halforcs were never a welcome sight, even with her nomadic tribe which barely tolerated her. Though, strangely, the village folk weren't giving her the wide berth most gave a half savage. After walking for a few minutes, it finally dawned on her that it was the broadness of her torso that opened paths for her.

She stumbled to a stop, just before plowing over a dwarf waiting for a human. "Scuse me," Shurka growled, forcefully enunciating through her overgrown teeth. "Do you knows da way to da fighter hall?"

6. DarkStrider

"I'm sorry my name's Fienna, and I was wondering if you'd had a strange invitation to here ? And I'm really..."
    As she said this towards the half-orc a brilliant dazzling smile lit up her face showing off the dimples in her cheeks winsomely and then continuing
    "... I've only just arrived in town and was going to find the arcane tower when I spotted Dala arriving. Who are you if you don't mind me asking"
    Finishing her speech with a serene smile.

7. Felinoid

"'Ey! Watch where ye goin', ye bumblin' ninny! Yer kind nay be welcome here, so leave me to my business and be on yer way."

Dala turned back to the human. "Nice to meet ye, Fienna. So ye received a like summons? Perhaps we can speak someplace that don't stink quite so much," she said with a glare back over her shoulder.

8. DarkStrider

"Dala there's no need to be so hasty, after all if she's looking for the fighter's guild; then she probably got one of the letters as well. And if someone or something wants us to work together then upsetting our neighbours isn't a good way of starting, is it ?"

She smiled at Dala and then turned to the half-orc and said

"did you get a summons as well ? "

9. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

After several months of hard questing, Kulgothrax at last reached the village of which the letter had spoken.

"Finally." he thought, pleased that he had taken the time to learn how to read, "A chance for a real quest. Now, where's the alehouse?"

With that, he set off down the street.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Shurka gave the dwarf wide berth, scooting like a small child behind Fienna, the witchy woman. "Shurka be me names," she slurred. "I gots a paper dat told me to be comings heres. Da shaman be reads it to me. Its is gone wit da winds."

The dwarf looked to be looking for trouble and Shurka was just as determined not to cause any.

11. Felinoid

"Bah! Not so tough without yer hordes and yer witch doctors, are ye? Ye can coddle this mongrel all ye want, Fienna, but when yer done with that ye can find me at the nearest pub."

Having said her piece, Dala stomped over to the tavern. She ordered two drinks (both for herself) and picked out a table near the door. But on her way between the bar and her table, she tripped over an outstretched leg and nearly spilled a drop of her ale!

"'Ey, be watching where ye put them long legs, ye...another barbarian? And I suppose you've got a summons too?" she asked snidely. At the affirmative grunt, she grinned. "Well, blow me down with a whistle! Perhaps ye can even out-barbar that orcish one I ran into. Oh, but where're me manners; me name be Dala. Pleased to meet ye, ...?"

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Cayne walked through the gate, grimly greeting the guards on his way in. He looked down at the parchment, reassured himself, then folded it up and walked towards the tavern.

13. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Finally Shawdup was at the village. How long had he walked? He didn't know. How had he known which road to take, or over which hill to go? He didn't know. But now he was here.

He felt so happy he wanted to sing!

He took his lute, played some jarring chords, and wailed out to the people in the street:

"I been walking a loooong time,
    don' know how long it been,
    I been walking a looong time,
    don' know how long it been,
    but now I stopped walking,
    And I don't know where to go.

No I don't know where to go,
    don't know what I'm spose to do,
    No I don't know where to go,
    don't know what I'm spose to do,"

Here, a passerby called out something rude to him. He reflected for a moment, then continued.

"Well, I spose I could go to the Abyss,
    but first I gotta take a..."

He stopped in mid-verse, having just caught sight of a beautiful woman with great big teeth, looking at him like he was crazy, or stupid, or maybe handsome.

He walked over to the woman and said, "Jagged Knife rules! Me Shawdup. Who you?"

14. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kael entered town from the forest. He was unused to civilization. He stared at the buildings and the people with awe.

He followed a group of people as they entered the tavern. As far as he knew this would be the school. His senses were assualted by the sights, sounds and smells of the tavern. It was all so new.

Looking around, he didn't notice as he ran into a small female dwarf.

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The dwarf had left her hurt, but the nice piece of orc that blatantly spoke to her gave her the chills. She gave him a cursory once-over as he introduced himself. "Me Shurka of Clan Blood Skull. You sings pretty." She clamped an arm around Shawdup and proceeded to drag him to the tavern where, unfortunately, that rat-snacking pygmy ventured inside. "Sings more for me, Shawdup. Your voice is like club smack to head. Me buy drink."

16. Felinoid

Dala tumbled from her chair, and it took her nearly half a minute of fussing to get her hair and beard both out of her face.

"By Moradin's hammer," she thundered, "can't a dwarf ask someone's name without getting bowled over?! Ach, and by an elf, too. Get on with yerself, ye pointed-eared feral freak! ... Wait, a wild elf wouldn'a come into a tavern without a darn good reason." She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Don't tell me, ye've got a summons too? I'm startin' to think I got mine by mistake, with all the commoners she asked. Well set down a spell, elf, Fienna'll be by eventually. My name's Dala, butdon'tyedaretellmeyours! I've seen enough o' the floor for today, if ye don't mind."

17. Benan Gems: 20/31

Kael sat down quietly, he was still looking around the room with the curiosity of a child. "I apologize. It's my first time in a common village. My home is very different from this. It's smaller and I know everyone, I feel out of place."

18. DarkStrider

Fienna sighed to herself if people wanted to be angry at each other that was theie lookout, she had a quiet chuckle as she saw the orcish bard talking to Shurka and then being dragged to the inn.

She quietly followed them and taking a quiet table to herself she sat there and looked around the inn at the other newcomers. She sat back with her drink and waited for the architect of this meeting to appear.

19. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Sitting quietly in the corner of the tavern, Kulgothrax watched as it slowly started to fill up with others.

"Were they also here for the quest?" he wondered. He considered introducing himself, then decided to wait and see what happened.

At length, a Dwarf came over to him, introducing herself as "Dala."

"I am Kulgothrax, Wolf of the North." he replied.

As he was going to enquire further regarding the quest, an Elf came stumbling into the drinking house and knocked over the Dwarf.

20. DarkStrider

Fienna started giggling as she noticed Dala had been knocked over by an elf and hearing her name mentioned moved over towards Dala. Still giggling she introduced herself to Kulgothrax, and said hello to Kael who'd knocked Dala down.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.