1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

We must prevent the death of EFnet!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mollusken, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Does the chatroom on this site still exist? If it does, I have a suggestion.

Is it any way possible to have the chatrooms here on EFnet? Me and the little bunch of others miss the activity there...

You should all know that you are all welcome at #baldursgate, #icewinddale and #sorcerers at EFnet at any time.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I was always a bit of a DALnet man myself, til the damn net-congestion and the phase wore off ;)
    If people start going, I'll follow, it'd be easier to communicate somewhat :)
    btw, this is a bit out of topic, and may seem stupid and childish, but were any of you guys who used to chat or still do into uh, war gaming on the net? hehe :D You know, rekicks and stuff. It's SAD and LAME I know, but it was a phase ;) hehe :D

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Why not use the current channel on mirc? Is there something differnet about efnet that makes it better or something? I've never used it before, so I really don't know. All I ever use is #sorcerers on irc.webmaster.com.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, EFnet is worse in all regards. Although looking at the amount of server problems that have been going on at webmaster.com, not by much. And anyway, the java chatroom won't work for EFnet, so forget it.

6. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I miss EFNET, despite the net splits every two seconds. I really have grown fond of that server over the years. DALNET in my opinion is too overrun. Anyone can get ircops there.. and once you have it, someone nukes you or pings you to death then steals the slot and so on (at least back when that was popular, now shtt like that is built into the program by scripts).. it's just too much chaos. I used to go to a few unpopular servers that my friend's ran but they died out quick. The few ircers that still idle these days hang out on EFNET. I'll know I'll always have a home there. (If I can ever get connected again..)

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I really need to get more educated about irc. I'd like to do more with it than just chat at #sorcerers. Don't take that personal, Tal, as your channel is so much easier to talk to people on. And it has quality, likeable people to talk to for that matter. Man there are some odd people in those other chatrooms....So, who wants to tutor me on mIRC ;)

8. Mierin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Heres a suggestion Tal, irc.wondernet.nu:6667 is stable and isnt like dalnet/efnet.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Read this carefully: The java chatroom is locked to that particular network irc.webmaster.com is on. (Or irc.chatplanetz.net). So no go I'm afraid.

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I can never get chatplanetz to work right half of the time. *shrugs* Might just be my bad luck I suppose. Though I rarely ever have any problems with webmaster.

11. Mierin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

I thought most people used MIRC.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.