1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

We talk a lot about sport, but which ones do we play ourselves

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Merlanni, May 14, 2006.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    As the tiltle says what do you play. I play fieldhockey

2. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I play soccer as much as I can.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Volleyball.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cricket, golf, indoor soccer, and indoor netball.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ultimate Frisbee (rock on), and baseball. I stopped playing baseball for frisbee this year.

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

None, really, but I'll play football (the real football none of this girly american nonsense ;) ) when the chance presents itself (goalkeeper extraordinaire, me ;) )

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I used to play Cricket, Rugby Union, Table Tennis and Fence, now I play Golf

8. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

<- a geek doesn't play sport

9. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hockey, golf and baseball.

I used to play football. But I got out of school and that ended.

10. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Blew out my rotator cuff when I was 15 and haven't been able to play any sports since then!

11. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I feel for ya Ilmater's Suffering. I tore two tendons(Rotator cuff and another one) in my throwing arm a couple years ago...surgery on the one and extensive rehab on both..Am now starting varsity pitcher for my high school baseball team and one of the 4 starters for my American Legion team.

I'll play basketball and football(american) for fun as well. Played soccer until i was 12 or so then there were no teams in the area so i quit playing.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like a round of golf (although I suck).
    I'm pretty good at pool and play it often. I also like snooker but am not very good at it.
    I play football now and again, but I don't have the fitness to play it properly anymore!

I like a game of cricket as well. Don't often get the time or chance though (not many places around here where I can get a game either). I can touch 80mph with my pacers :) . Shame I'm about as accurate as a fart!

13. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Are pool, snooker, golf and the like actually sports? To me sports should involve some form of physical exertion, but others may view this differently I guess.

Me, I do triathlon. That means a lot of running, biking and swimming, though I mostly bike lately.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    A sport is any activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. :thumb:

Even darts is a sport. I play that too.

15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    What is netball?

16. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

So counterstrike is sport too? yeah i play that.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Netball is a game that is really only played to any extent in England, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, and South Africa. It's like basketball but without dribbling. It's primarily a women's sport. New Zealand are the current World Champions and Commonwealth Games gold medallists.

18. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Basketball, and I also practise bodybuilding, but not at a competitive level.

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    The difference is there is a physical dimension to darts, snooker or pool however undemanding it may be on your body. Think about the technique involved to be consistently accurate over the course of a match. It's the same deal with bowls, or shooting (an Olympic event). Physical fitness isn't that important but there is a physical emphasis on technique, precision, etc.

Gaming is purely mental. How you press the buttons to win the game is irrelevant. It's the same with chess, which some people insist on calling a sport. It's purely mental. How you move the pieces (not the same as where you move them) is irrelevant to the final result. As such it's a game.

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Cycling and swimming :D

used to do both yoga and horseback riding waaay back and think would like to staet again sometime in the future...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.