1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weapon of Choice Quote

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Dice, May 31, 2005.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do you remember the Fatboy Slim video that was released a couple of years ago called Weapon of Choice. Christopher Walkin danced his way through that great video. My question/ comment has nothing to do with Christopher Walkin. (although he is one of my favorite actors) What I'm curious about is one of the lyrics in the video. For some strange reason this has always nagged my brain and I'm wondering what you guys think about it.

I'm probably way off here but does that quote have anything to do with the famous Dune series of books?
    http://www.astralwerks.com/fbs/woc/

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Dragonfly, it very likely does relate to "Dune" -- I recently re-read the first book in the series, and it explained quite clearly that when walking across the desert you have to slide/shuffle in an irregular pattern, or the worm will sense you and come over for a snack.

To call a worm, they had very loud "thumper" devices that sent a strong signal deep underground. They'd slide off to the side using a delay machanism on the thumper, then when the worm surfaced, they'd use specialized hooks to pull apart one segment plate from the next. The worm would then roll to get the irritated spot as high from the ground as possible (as it assumed that some sand was being rammed in there.) From that point, a rider could hook up lines and use the worm as a mount for a long distance -- best way to travel on Arrakis!

3. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Right. I just saw my old copy of Dune 2000. Those worms ate a lot of my vehicles.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.