1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Webcam advice please

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by chevalier, Jun 13, 2005.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    My t610's little built-in thingy has been enough for some time as a still digicam, but I'm thinking about something bigger. Maybe a webcam with some nice still photo capacity or a nice digital photo camera with a webcam function.

Also, here's a question: What's better -- a 680*480 webcam with some interpolated 984*738 interpolated still photos... or a digital photo camera with 1600 * 1200 still photos and up to high thousands with software interpolation, and with a built-in webcam function?

They cost the same price around here, so I suppose there must be a catch because the digital photo camera looks so much superior but there's obviously no such thing as a free lunch...

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah, that one. 680x480 are small, fuzzy pictures. I would go with at least a 2 MegaPixel digital camera that offeres webcam abiliteis. :rolling:

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I just bought one with up to 6MP (software) and 4MP real, nice one, with webcam and all, 130 Euros. Is a brand model from Sony, called Beep.
    1600 + 1200 is best, of course there's a catch, but I don't understand how can they be similar in prices.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.