1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weird Dream. A bit disturbing, not for younger members.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] No, this isn't a "post your weird dream" type of topic and no I don't usually do this, but I don't usually remember my dreams when I wake up and this one was so vivid and detailed that I had to set it down. It's not really funny. It's just.. weird. and a bit disturbing. feel free to post comments (which is why I'm doing this, yes? :rolleyes: ) but if it's going to be a jibe, try not to make it too biting as I really was a bit unnerved when I woke up :o Here goes.

I'm at one of these mandatory community service trips I have to go to as a pre-requisite to graduation and for some reason we have to take a taxi back into the city. A random classmate and I take one taxi (wtf?) and are going up an uphill path and I notice that the driver is taking us on a different direction and some kind of spider-sense goes off and my classmate and I (details are unclear at this point) somehow bail out of the taxi. The taxi stops and comes back around (now the ground is level and no longer uphill). I accuse him of something (kinda gets fuzzy at this point, it's something to do with taking us the wrong way and some road violation, like he is driving illegally and not a real cabbie?) and he doesn't deny it and keeps coming towards me. He's so close and he brushes his fingers against my face and says something and I want to move or to hit him but I'm frozen like a ****ing deer in the headlights and I don't know why and am furious (I'm confused at this point bec. IRL I'm pretty confrontational and at a point like this would have fought or, if the situation called for it, fled). I'm just frozen there with this damn cabbie about to molest me (the vibe I'm getting is TeaBag from Prison Break) and I can't move. Suddenly I snap out of it and am on a hill place again but it is now downhill. I run downhill into what appears to be an airport terminal (wtf?) and see him behind me. My jaw locks up and I can't speak but I fight it and somehow scream "police!".

That's when I "wake up". My dad is in the room and tells me that the police are useless and says some stuff I don't really remember but gives the implication that he is in some special unit that gets stuff done (getting a Jack Bauer from 24 vibe here but it it so damn weird because my dad deals in the corporate world).

Dream gets inconsistent here, we flash forward to the future, I'm at some kind of family reunion and for some reason, I know the name of the cabbie is "Danny Killion" (wtf, pretty specific huh? never met a guy with that name too). Anyway, some weird distant relative mentions his name and my blood burns and I have a flashback and realize that I settled my score with him. Years back (it has now been a good many years, remember? not sure when, maybe 10?) I somehow found out where he lived (turned out it was on that weird uphill/downhill/not a hill at all place) went back one night and set him on fire. I'm talking details here, I snuck up on him when he was asleep, took a long look and was just there a while making sure it was the right man, poured some flammable material (unsure what, gas or lighter fluid maybe?) all over him and set him on fire. Unsure if I woke him up to say anything before doing so, it got fuzzy at this point. Flashback ends.

I'm back in the room with this "distant relative" who says that he IS Danny Killion but now I suddenly know that he's Deadman (no, not "Danny Killion"). For you non-comic geeks, Deadman is this character who possesses bodies and is the agent for good of some Indian deity in the DC comic universe (now that's weird :rolleyes: ) and then the dream shifts again.

Now I'm in some training/sparring room and I'm Batman (yup, complete with cowl and cape and everything) and I thrash this Deadman/Danny Killion entity. And at the end, I make him look into my eyes and ask "Do you know who I am?" in that movie sense. No, not the rhetorical kind when the person speaking thinks he's in a different league than the one he's speaking to, but in that other movie sense, the "deep" "do you realize who this actually is" (I AM in Batman's costume after all) sense.

It's kind of weird, but I'm not referring to the fact that I turned him into a literal human torch but the fact that I was molested/almost molested back in the first dream sequence.

Then his eyes clear up and Deadman (who has access to the memories of the people he possesses I think) says: "You... You're the Hawk."

Then I wake up for real.

Yes, I know it's definitely weird, kinda funny, a bit more than just disturbing and maybe partly entertaining? But this is (if you count my first account) the longest post I have ever made as an SP'er in the nearly 4500 posts and 5?(how many years since BG2 first came out?) years I have been around and I just needed to get this down somewhere because it was so.. vivid.

To the ones that end up reading this damn novella, thanks. I don't know what I'm asking for, not even sure WHY I wrote it, but I just felt I had to let someone know and didn't feel like having my friends tell me to "lay off the booze" or "stop working too hard" or "have sex more often".

(edit)

Sheesh, maybe I DO need to do all 3 of the above, I just read through it myself and it IS weird.

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

HAHA... I have no clue why but that got me laughing more than anything I've seen today.

3. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Wow...that was a...vivid dream. Interesting to say the least, but I doubt it's a clue that there's something wrong with you; odds are you ate some bad pizza before you went to bed. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe glad to be of service ;) you wouldn't happen to be named Danny Killion would you? :p

actually now that I'm coherent and have read the thing again, I can't believe I was so out of it as to actually put it down here :eek:

If this isn't a perfect example of too much fantasy games, comic books and movies I don't know what is :D

good grief :rolleyes:

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Classic. I just dream about 'flying'

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I've had a few of these types of dreams, some action movie stuff and some things that would make good material for a horror movie.

I don't watch horror movies that much, but some of my dreams are real nightmares, but the funny thing is that I'm not troubled by them that much. So as some extremely graphic and disturbing stuff happens in some of my dreams, they're not actually nightmares. They're just dreams.

Having a vivid imagination, shich you feed with popular culture might give you some very interesting dreams. Don't be too bothered about them. Just sit back and enjoy the play. And if you're into writing fiction, that type of dreams will be a great source of inspiration..

7. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Sometimes dreams have a really scary, disturbing "feel" to them even if the actual events in the dream don't seem that way when thought about afterwards.

One of the freakiest things that can happen in a dream is the fake wake-up, especially if it's a nightmare. It's happened to me a few times. Just as you're thinking whew, it was just a dream...bam! It continues!

Oh, and I too have been other people in my dreams. Not Batman, though.

In one of my dreams I just suddenly realised that I had been Jon Bon Jovi the whole time. Now THAT was disturbing.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Yeah, that part when I had "woken up" freaked me out the most. You know what I'd like to have? One of those "lucid dreams" where you KNOW that you're dreaming and as a result, can control the dram and shape it into whatever you want! Man, in one of those, 1 guy is gonna die in a gruesome way and I would be involved in the most outrageous yet exclusively "guest-listed" orgy in history ;)

oh, you horny devil ;) This reminds me of an excellent exchange in one of Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics, let me post it:

Neil Gaiman rocks :D

9. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Reminds me of why I don't watch those horror movies. :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.