1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

We're spying on the Ruskies!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah yeah....but did you get a hold of that Borsch recipe i specifically asked for ? :D

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    lol you what? :lol:

4. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    And? Hell, America spies on Britain and vice versa; that's just the way the game is played.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Every large country spies on every other large country, and they all know it. So this is hardly news. It's only an event if they're caught red-handed. Then it becomes a bit of a problem.

[ January 25, 2006, 14:27: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

6. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

But a computerized rock?

Way to go Q! :shake:

7. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I hope Putin has the balls to hang them. I doubt though.

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    Now, now, don't be ridiculous. It's probably bowlax anyway, let's be honest.

9. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

Barmy,

I have no reason to believe it is bowlax. It is not as if spying is something unusual. And if it is indeed true, we are in our right.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Lol, no you're not. Nobody is in any right to hang anyone, especially not for something like this. It's unwise to piss off the British government. We'll declare war on you and kick some red butt :D . The Yanks will probably come along for the ride an all, they don't like you much ;) .

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Everyone spies on everyone; they'd be stupid not to. And when they get caught, they get killed; it's just part of the business. If Britain catches a Russian spy, they'll have every right to execute them too. Sorry, anonymous British spy, but you got careless and for that you die. :nolike:

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Sure, nations spy on each other, but this one is probably a load of pants. Communication through rocks :lol: . Righto!

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm just curious which secrets they were trying to reveal....how to build planes that won't fly ? Or how to build Submarines that spontaneously sink to the bottom of the ocean ? Or was it the Borsch recipe after all ? :D

14. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I wonder if the rock had a suicide pill?

Maybe the Russians and the Brits can work out a prisoner exchange.

15. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

Dream on, we are years ahead of you in military technology. Do you want an article of the recent missile developed by the Russians, which happens to be the fastest of the World?
    As for the Borsch recipe, it would be a lot easier if you just asked for it. I am sure it is not too hard to prepare it, even for YOU. :p
    ------------------------------------------------

Barmy Army,

Read what Fellinoid has written. I don't know if he was serious about it, but that is exactly how I view the whole situation.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Hacken Slash,

Before anything, the British goverment should turn in to Russia Berezovsky.

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    T'was but a joke old boy.

But for the record, Russia couldn't stand up to most well trained army in the world ;) . Especially with are big mates at our back.
    No wait, I'm sure your brilliant economy allows for great technology :lol: .

I'm sure felinoids post was tongue in cheek by the way :)

[ January 24, 2006, 21:01: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

17. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Sorry, not tongue-in-cheek, just the horrible truth. Spies take death as a hazard of the profession, and screwing up is how you get there. If he got caught (physically, I mean, not just on the videotape), then he's got noone to blame but himself for his death. I like Hack's prisoner exchange idea a lot better, but one can only hope in situations like this; it's much more likely he'd simply be put to death like any other spy. :nolike:

If, OTOH, he escaped despite the tape, he's scott-free and the Russians can't say sh!t about it. Some empty (or possibly not-so-empty) threats and whatever sanctions they are able to impose (can't imagine it's a lot unless England and Russia have stronger ties than I know about) are all the hot air they can blow if they didn't actually catch him. The exact same can be said if it were the other way around. :p

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    This isn't the 1800's, you can't just kill a man for being a SUSPECTED spy.
    Death can't be taken as a 'hazard of the profession' :lol: . We're talking about a mans life here.

Try not to be so cold about things...

19. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

All of you, who are speaking about executing the spies, have forgotten an important detail, they are diplomats, which means immunity, the only thing that the russian administration can do to them is to expel them from the country. The only one, who is in serious trouble, is the russian, who has worked with them.

20. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

BA, being a spy in foreign territory is simply like being a soldier in a warzone: death exactly IS a hazard of occupation in this situation. And if they have a case, well, that's that then.
    :borg:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.