1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Are The Romanaces?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Laurana, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Laurana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Sorry, I have only played the multiplayer version, and have no idea what the romances are, if someone could give me an idea, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

now i have not gotten it do give me the romance but for male characters (i am told) they will begin with a romance with jahera (sp?) .. if they can keep her happy. Female characters get Amoean?? cant remember his name..lol You meet him at the copper coronet and he is a cleric/fighter..

With both you need to do their quests.. such as the harper hold for jahera (sp?)

With that guy..lol (amoean or something) you have to get him knighted.

3. shadowboxer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] You can also have a romance with Aerie and Viconia, for a male.

I'm not sure of the characters that Females get involved with though.

RIght now I'm with Aerie and she is really really annoying, I have to get her wings back eventually.
    Thats all I know.

4. Laurana Gems: 1/31

Ok, so basically, I can't have a romance with Minsc? Boo Boo does not approve!!! lol

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

For more details on Romances use the search engine on this site - there has been a lot of posts about the romances for Aerie, Vionia, Anomen and Jaheria (ahh bless her). (There is almost certainly some stuff in the guides and walkthrough sectiosn). I'm 98% sure these are the only ones in the game. For some added comlications you can try romancing more than one of the women in the party at once (though you do eventually have to choose, unless you download the romance patch form this websites BG2 editors section - the patch also allows women to romance women!!). It also becomes more interesting if you have Aerie and Haer'dalis in the party.

As to Minsc and boo - hey who needs to have the game have a specic romance to fall in love with them. I managed it and I'm a bloke - though our love is purely platonic. Seriously though, my first character was a bit of a do-gooding hero type who was always ready to charge hammer first into battle to save the downtrodden. If you take that approach during the game, it almost feels likes Minsc fancies you as he gets so full of praise.

6. Seric Exz Guest

About the romances patch; Do you have to start a new game for it to take effect, or does it affect your saved games as well?

7. Slappy Gems: 19/31

I'm not completly sure about this, but I think the patch is fine on an exisiting game. I seem to remember that, when I tried it, everyone started flirting again. I don't know how good it is at overiding over factors that block the romance though. For example, Jaheira's romance depends on a number of quests (see the Jaheira Romance post), I don't think the patch will address all of these. Its main purpose is to overcome the problem of the game shutting down romances after you have chosen one NPC over another. A bit vague, sorry. Have you read the readme files that came with the patch - they might provide more helpful info.

8. Seric Exz Guest

[​IMG] Thanks for the info. The reason I asked was that when last I played the game, I noticed that they still asked me to choose, even with the patch installed. This, combined with Jaheira's looong period of silence (which I now understand is normal), I started wondering...

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited March 15, 2001).]

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] BLAST! Now I know that I'll never stand a chance with Viconia because she doesn't like short people!
    BLAST! BLAST! With only one new NPC announced a specific romance for the vertically challenged looks very unlikely.
    Looks like I'll just have to go back to my one true love - gold never lets you down.

10. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Hail my Dwarven friend, I bring you great news and glad tidings. I played a Halfling first time around and I had the attention of Aerie and the lovely Jaheira (didn't have Viconia in that party). They were more interested than Mazzy (Paldin types are too virginal).

So fear not, the girls are more interested in the length of you weapon rather than the length of your shadow.

11. Jefe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] RE: Time of romance hack installment:

IIRC the readme file on the patch indicates that you will still have to choose between the women but all three threads will still continue. Also, I believe it says you have to install the patch before choosing for it to work.

12. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Unfortunatly Ironbeard the romance girls in this game are all elves and you know how they feel about Dwarfs.

13. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Yeah, why are they all elves?
    Can't a simple gnome (Mazzy) love you, or a simple human like Imoen?

14. Laurana Gems: 1/31

hehe ok, I am grateful for all the great insight for male romances, but how about female? I'm not exactly interested in any of the female party members, nor will I put in a patch to do so. I just simply wish for that side interest, to spark the game for me.

15. Laurana Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Oh and to enlighten about my character, she is a elven warrior, (hence the name, Laurana) and I'm currently doing the side quest for stopping the trolls. So if you have any insight to the romances, I would be most interested, because I only have 2 other females in my party, and the rest are Yoshimo, Minsc, and Amoen. So anyways. Yeah, sorry to stretch this into two posts, but oh well :)

16. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Bad news Laurana, Anomen is the only male romance option in the game (does any women fancy that pillock?). I've had a quick search on the forum and I can't find any really useful advice for romancing him. However, it's probably worth your time to use the search function to scan these posts you might find more info on Anomen than my quick look revealed. If you do decide to go for him, I think his romance is quite straightforward (not like the Jaheira one) and he also has a reasonable quest, specifically for him, to make him more worthwhile. Alternaively, see my comments about Minsc and Boo and just dream.

17. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Just another quick thought, considering Anomen's desire to become a Paldin for the Radient Heart, he might be restricted to romances with good or neutral characters only. I don't know, but I would be surprised if he will want to snuggle up to an evil aligned character - I mention this as Laurana didn't say what alignment her elven fighter was.

Sorry we haven't been more helpful Laurana, but it looks like none of us blokes wanted to explore our feminine side during the game.

18. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Oppps, my brain is not working very well at the moment....anyway, another thought has struck me (oww). If you're NPC is female, then I think that you can have more fun in the Copper Corenet. There is a character near the bar who is a bit of a casanova - it may be worth your time checking him out when you are next in that area.

19. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hey slappy, are you trying to get as many posts as you can or something? ;)

20. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

well if she is going by the books that mine and her name is taken from then she is most likely a good character.. (although my character should be evil and is not)

I have been unable to get the fridgid man to start romancing me also :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.