1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What character are you using?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Xandar Dae'Ithil, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If you play DnD PnP, what character are you currently playing as or using the most? Or even your favorite character.

Right now I'm a vampiric drow monk5 (who has enough XP to gain a lvl, just to lazy to do so. Gonna start takin' lvl's in assassin.)

Strength 21
    Dexterity 23
    Constitution -
    Intelligence 18
    Wisdom 16
    Charisma 22

AC 26, HP 54

Reflex save 12
    Will save 8

Tons of feats for bein' a vampire, and absolutely evil. Awesome to roleplay as.
    Brief Bio of your character would be cool too, I don't have one for this guy yet tho.

2. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Kalgrim Stonebend

Dwarf Barbarian 19

CG

Strength: 24 (30 in rage)
    Dexterity: 15
    Constitution: 30 (36 in rage)
    Intelligence: 10
    Wisdom: 14
    Charisma: 8

HP: 317 (374 in rage) [somebody order a tank?]
    AC: 30
    DR: 3/-
    Uncanny Dodges, Greater Rage 5/day

Main Items:
    Mantle of Spell Resistance (23)
    Animated Large Steel Shield, +2
    Dwarven Plate, +2
    Dwarven Waraxe, +3, Thundering "Thunder"
    Dwarven Waraxe, +3, Chaotic "Sunder"
    Belt of Giant Strength, +4
    Bracers of Health, +6
    Amulet of Perpetual Haste

...much, much more...

Thunder: +27/+22/+17/+12
    Sunder: +27/+27(Haste)/+22

You might think that a big bonus, but you try hitting Wyrm's (CR around 20, AC 40 or thereabouts) without it.

Kalgrim was originally cast out of his clan for being far too irrational and quick to temper~ even for dwarves to handle. He wandered from human settlement to human settlement, not ever feeling like he was at home unless he was travelling. Out of curiousity and boredom he took up the life of adventuring, feeling his life meant little but the few enjoyments he might reap before death. Soon however, he found his prowess to be more than accomodating to such a lifestyle. Training under the guidance of masters of the woodlands, he learned their ways. He travelled abroad with good company, seeking out, above all else, proof of worth~ perhaps still seeking to prove, if only to himself, that he was more than an outcast.

Two decades have past since, and he has battled kobold, goblin, orc, ogre, hobgoblin, giant, vampire, troll, ettin, werebeast, rogue, demon, devil, dragon, dire animal, gelatinous cube, gnoll, yuan-ti, beholder, nymph, and shade- just to name a few.

The more famous among them:

Arothnul Soulscream, Lich Lord on High-
    Nemmonus, the Bearer of a Thousand Plagues-
    Tritzkil, the White Dagger [White Wyrm]-
    Iondori, Vampire Queen
    Consumatrix, Eater of Men [A wyrm-sized gelatinous cube]
    Lord Darophael, Demon King
    Sha'dor Galkithaine, Chosen of the Lord Mask
    Fizzlius, Goblin Archmage and Artificer
    Kalehand, Shadowmonk of the Black Moon Order
    Galbeazoth, the One Flame [Red Ancient]

The rest of my party:
    Sir Abredore of Corhaven, LG Human Paladin of Tyr 18
    Optic, CG Elven Rogue 19
    Bazimael, NG Half-Elf Wizard 19
    Morbis Khaine, NG Human Cleric of Ilmater 18

This is by far the funnest character I've ever role-played. I'm told I do a pretty mean Scottish accent and I am in a perpetual mode of roleplaying- from getting sloshed at pubs to barroom brawling, I've not outgrown any of it.
    He is, by virtue of his nature, a braggart and a fool, and I'm told he fits my personality perfectly :p

I can't wait to go into epic levels...

Amon-Ra

[ October 02, 2002, 09:47: Message edited by: Amon-Ra ]

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    So, uh, how DO you kill a gelatinous cube? I've always wondered... :D

4. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Normally, as carefully as possible. A big swing from a warhammer will take a significant chunk out of its mass, but usually the best idea is to stay back and launch explosive fireballs at it from afar.

This particular "cube", however, Consumatrix, was entirely sentient. It lived and thought and reasoned- all very deadly when combined with an flesh-eating ooze the size of a small town. We were venturing through an underground tomb (that of the Lich Lord) and we had just descended down an extremely long staircase into the I believe 3rd level underground. Suddenly, our rogue (who specializes in awareness) spotted the fact that there was some substance all around us [I think he scored around a 50 on his Spot check]. We had walked about to the middle of the room by this point, (the ooze bending to allow our passage) and we suddenly realized what the substance was when it began to speak to us. It had cut off our path back to the staircase- we were surrounded by an ooze that stretched as tall as the 50 foot ceiling and from wall to wall on a 200 foot span. It had surprise initiative on us- and what does it do? It smacks everyone, all but myself are paralyzed. So what do I do? RAAAAAAAAAAGE! I started taking chunks out of the beast, so it couldn't close in on us. And thanks to my huge fortitude save, I was able to maintain mobile. After a few rounds our wizard came back from paralysis and launched a prismatic spray at point blank range, which was ruled would hit it with every color. The thing had uncanny Will and Fortitude saves, but it lacked in reflex (hehe) and took 20 fire, 40 acid, 80 electricity. After 4 prismatic sprays (2 from scrolls) and a whole lotta hackin', the cube was no more than a quivering puddle.

THAT is how you kill a gelatinous cube.

Amon-Ra

[ October 02, 2002, 18:56: Message edited by: Amon-Ra ]

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

This is one of my characters in stat block, got more characters but they're too complex to type in this format. This one use monte's ranger class.

Sarah Blackblade

Female human Rgr1/Clr2 of Bane: CR 3; Medium-size humanoid (human); HD 1d8 plus 2d8; hp 20; Init +1; Spd 20 ft.; AC 17 (touch 11, flat-footed 16); Atk +4 melee (2d6+3/19-20, greatsword ); SQ Favored enemy (cyricists +1), rebuke undead 5/day; AL LE; SV Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5; Str 14, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15. Height 5 ft. 9 in.
    Skills and Feats: Concentration +4, Craft (poisonmaking) +6, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (religion) +8, Listen +6, Ride (horse) +5, Search +6, Spellcraft +8, Spot +6, Wilderness Lore +6; Expertise, Greater Spell Focus (enchantment), Spell Focus (enchantment), Spell Focus (necromancy), Track.
    Cleric Spells per Day: 4/4. Base DC = 12 + spell level, 14 + spell level for necromancy spells, 16 + spell level for enchantment spells. Deity: Bane. Domains: Hatred (+2 on attacks, saves, AC against one opponent), Tyranny (add +2 to save DC of your compulsion spells).
    Possessions: greatsword, spiked banded mail (mw), silver unholy symbol of Bane, potion belt (potion of feather fall, potion of infertility, potion of speed swim, potion of true strike), faded rose magic tattoo (shield spell)

I love this chick, and she loves to hunt and kill cyricists (why I could pick them as favored enemy after special approval with the dm). A real blood hound with an attitude, and if you start to piss her off the most likely response will be a smack with the iron gauntlet.
    She's raised in a small village outside Zhentil Keep and was later enrolled and trained as priest in the grand keep, then set out to expand the belief of Bane throughout the lands.

[ October 03, 2002, 15:40: Message edited by: Lokken ]

6. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Nice characters, 'specially Amon-Ra's! :D
    Wish I could get to high lvls and my DnD group had more people...would be so much more fun. DM doesn't know anything either, rules monsters, ect. Used to have an awesome DM, but he moved...I might even have to DM soon, which sucks cuz I want to play...

7. Iuz the Wicked Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Lokken, I see you plan for every occasion "potion of infertility" :D

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

[​IMG] lol, of course! She's 21, what would you expect? :p It freaking costs 150gp though!!
    But it's worth it, this chick aint gonna have a baby anytime soon, no way! :p

can find it in magic of faerun. Reason being it still in the belt, is it lasts a month, and the previous one is still working, so there :D

[ October 04, 2002, 02:52: Message edited by: Lokken ]

9. Iuz the Wicked Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Lokken, If you want to go on the cheap she could always use the Nararoot.
    It only 2sp :D

In the FR Campaign book.

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

aye, but those damn things you roll the days, too risky in my opinion, hehe, else I might just have a kiddo on the way :D

[ October 04, 2002, 14:54: Message edited by: Lokken ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.