1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Is The Most Amazing Thing you Ever Accomplished In a Computergame?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Nobleman, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Capstone just inspired my curiosity. With his Top Gun achievement in another thread about bugs. :) I can't think of anything amazing I have done right now, But perhaps you guys and gals out there have some awesome experience you would like to share. Commodore, Amiga games, playstation, PC, gameboy, whatever.

So here is your chance to brag ;)

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I managed to insert brag instead of legal brag in the brag game and now I can't stop with brag about how I inserted brag instead of legal brag in the brag game and now I can't stop....

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGH!

[EDIT]
    irc.webmaster.com ---> #sorcerers ---> brag

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited September 25, 2001).]

3. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I managed to finish Zelda on gameboy without cheating...Man, am I a hot shot or what? :heh:

4. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Extremist, what the holy heck are you talking about? I assume it's a sarcastic remark of some kind, but dang if I can decipher it.

5. The best thing I can brag about right now is that I'm playing a BG2 game that is *not* cheated!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Capstone he has just foreseen that a lot of people will tell stories where they made "illegal" changes to the game and did something wonderfull. In doing so he thinks my thread is stupid :lol: :p

7. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

umm.. lemme think. waaay back when tape drivers were the standard accessories to personal computers, there was this game on c64

<brag> river raid (does anyone know what i'm talking about ? kind of a shoot'em up) I finished it yeah. No cheats, for there were no cheats :) Beat THAT !! lol it had like 100 painstaking levels, and you couldn't save the game!! Oh, those were the days (of course not :p ) </brag>

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

you made it through River Raid!!! *I shall have the counsil to knight you* :)

I had it on tape recorder. Took ages to load. But it was awesome. I couldn't beat the later levels when all the junk ballons, guns, tanks, planes etc covered the river.

So in dispair of having my favorite game thrown aside I converted it to a slalom game where I weren't allowed to shoot. Only avoid stuff.

What is the last level. I have waited 15 years to hear that. Oh man :D

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 26, 2001).]

9. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

one time my computor wasnt working, it wouldnt even turn on, and i got really mad and kicked it........it never gave me trouble again

10. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

lol i played it as a slalom most of the time too only shooting when necessary. It's nigh impossible at the later levels otherwise.

I can't really remember what happened. (hell i'm not quite sure i actually finished it now that i think of it.. seems to be an incredibly daunting task. still, i distinctly remember being over level 80 for i was desperately trying to reach 90 or so - i was 8 years old :) ). It either went back to level 1 or abruptly ended saying game over after finishing one level. If memory serves, the latter is the case. I suppose it wasn't a game designed to be finished :)

was a true classic nevertheless.

11. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Hmm well this is a recent feat of mine. On the N-64, Super Smashbrothers I beat single-player with Kirby, settings of very hard, three lives, no continue. Did not loose a single life, not even to the fighting polygon team (30 enemies total) at any given time outnumbered 3 to 1. I went ballistic. Kirby is the man. PS I almost did it with Captain Falcon, still working on that one ;)

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited September 26, 2001).]

12. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well... i single handedly have finished Super Mario 3!! :rolling: woo hooo what an accomplishment eh Well also finished the original Zelda, and um the one after it forget what its called.... :1eye:

13. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I have fond memories of playing the original Pools of Radiance game when it first came out in the 80's. It was on an old Apple II with one of those green computer.

Does anyone here remember the original ZORK?! I also finished that one....hell I'm REALLY dating myself here....that game is so old it was ALL TEXT! Very neat at the time though.

14. sorvo Guest

Figuring out how to play the damn thing! BG was the first computer game I ever played.

15. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I was *this* close to once almost complete a Transport Tycoon Deluxe on my 486. It was laggy!

16. Kerric Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I translatetd 75% of Sid Meier's COLONIZATION to norwegian. I wish could have completed that project but, my computer crashed or something don't actually recall. Anyway I din't bother to start all over again.
    But Colonization on norwegians rocked

EDIT: I aslo managed to complete the 100 levels of Bubble Bobble without losing one life. But again so did my mother, she kicked ass in that game :grin:

[This message has been edited by Kerric (edited September 26, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kerric (edited September 26, 2001).]

17. PowerPuff Guest

[​IMG] I crashed into a concrete wall at 200 Mph in Need For Speed 3 once. Then I backed up a bit and drove on... :p

18. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Changed the whole balancing system of Tiberium Sun, just to figure out that the game couldn't be saved no matter what you did *sigh*

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 26, 2001).]

19. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Finished off Sagat (? not sure about the spelling), on the arcade version of Street Fighter with 98 seconds to spare.

Also completed Arcanoid with more lives left than I could count.

A good Uni education went down the pan in that arcade!

Oh yeah, on the StarWars arcade game (original) we used to take it in turns between a friend and myself and spend the whole day on it for 20p. Racking up 14mill pts on that bastard took a while!

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited September 26, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited September 26, 2001).]

20. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If anyone remembers Master of Orion 2: Battle at Antares, I scored 19544 points in that game, playing on Impossible level with 7 enemies in a Huge galaxy. :roll:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.