1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What The Americans Think of us Brits

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Barmy Army, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What a bunch of complete and utter brainless pricks. I sincerely hope tossers like this are in a minority . And Americans wonder why they are the most hated nation in the World?
    This actually makes quite a good read though; it’s about the guardian newspaper who wrote letters to undecided voters in the state of Ohio.

I know the guardian shouldn’t have got involved but is this what Americans really think of us? And as far as the yellow teeth jibe goes, that’s below the belt. :D

Take a look.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/story/0,13918,1329858,00.html

PS. No offence to any Americans on here. I only mean to attack people who have the same mindset as:

"Have you not noticed that Americans don't give two ****s what Europeans think of us? Each email someone gets from some arrogant Brit telling us why to NOT vote for George Bush is going to backfire, you stupid, yellow-toothed pansies ... I don't give a rat's ass if our election is going to have an effect on your worthless little life. I really don't. If you want to have a meaningful election in your crappy little island full of ****ty food and yellow teeth, then maybe you should try not to sell your sovereignty out to Brussels and Berlin, dip****. Oh, yeah - and brush your goddamned teeth, you filthy animals. "

I mean, talk about a bad attitude.

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I don't know, I'd be rather miffed if some random people from another country started bombarding me with letters telling me how I should vote in the upcoming election.

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah but...

"Go back to sipping your tea and leave us alone" :lol:

Idiots.

4. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Idiots, are they? Perhaps. I'd argue that those who started the letter-writing campaign without considering that, indeed, it might harm rather than help their cause demonstrated far greater stupidity than is shown in those letters.

I mean, really. It's a bunch of pissed off people writing. How coherent are YOU when you're furious? ;)

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yes, they are idiots. Just look at the attitude that is displayed on there.

The main idiots are the majority that voted for Bush in the elections. And what is worrying is that alot ot Americans only seem to care for themselves. They aren't bothered what they do to the World.

And if you got a letter through the post, just outlining how **** Bush is, would you have steam coming out of your ears and run onto the web site to post poorly thought out bollocks?

I think not. If you didn't agree with it, you would just screw it up and bin it. Kerrys campaign produced much worse.

6. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i love this one:

"Consider this: stay out of American electoral politics. Unless you would like a company of US Navy Seals - Republican to a man - to descend upon the offices of the Guardian, bag the lot of you, and transport you to Guantanamo Bay, where you can share quarters with some lonely Taliban shepherd boys."

LMFAO bring it!

" If it wasn't for America, you'd all be speaking German"
    another uneducated soul, if it werent for britain, america would be a radioactive smoldering ruin, we prevented the germans and japanese in WW2 from developing nuclear weapons, and the US was the first target.

and where the hell does this bad teeth thing come from?

[ November 07, 2004, 15:13: Message edited by: Shoshino ]

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

About the teeth, they must be confusing the English with the folks back in Mississippi...oh wait...they don't have any teeth to begin with...

Ah well.... :D

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Considering the UK (and Blair in particular) is viewed as Bush's lapdog, having the Guardian lecturing Americans not to vote for Bush is quite silly. If the majority of the Brits keep supporting Blair and his support of Bush, they hardly have any right to go telling Americans not to vote for Bush again. Should have directed those letters at their own readers instead.

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    All Britons hate the fact that Blair follows Bush around. That's going to be his main issue to contend with at the next elections. That and the justification for the Iraq war.

The fact is though, it's a choice between Labour and Blair. Or Lib Dems and Kennedy (the ginger jock). Or the Tory's and Howard (the dour zombie).

There's no compeition at all for Blairs position. The only competion comes from his own side (with Gordon Brown thinking Blairs seat looks mighty comfy)

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Telling people how they should vote, calling candidates by their names, is offensive. Ordering ****ty election leaflets or letters delivered to people's home addresses is offensive. It's no better than what sects do. I could sue for that if I were having a bad hair day. Get the **** out of my house and my mailbox.

The republicans should retaliate with a "vote Smith" campaign in the UK. Wonder how that would feel. :p

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

" If it wasn't for America, you'd all be speaking German"

Yeah, it was the Americans, and only the Americans, who won the WWII, with no help from Sovjet or the other allied nations, at all. No siree! :bs:

(That BS smilie is starting to grow on me. It's so, me. :D )

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Just read some of the things they have written Chev.

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm. Well then. It seems you are as guilty as the "brainless pricks" and "tossers". Here you felt insulted by what someone wrote (and in this case it wasn't even mailed to you) and you start off with insulting right back. Can you really not see the parallel?

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    Touché.

Fair play.

15. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

After having established a relation of mutual contempt, what's up with British teeth and how comes that the average inhabitant of Ohio has an intimate knowledge of British mouths ?

On a related side, I think that it's interesting that everyside of the pond seems to hold it for granted to have the in general better health-care then the other side.

16. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I thought the US didn't have any healthcare to begin with. :D

17. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I can see what some Brits think of us Americans.

18. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I cuss Britts every chance I get. I go out of my way to cuss Britts. However, all friendly rivalry aside when things become deadly. We'd be the second ones on the scene (native cucumber-eaters being the first) with Army Engineers and medical aid and cargo ships laden with Spam and aircraft carriers (if the situation warranted).

We're there, dude. In the meantime, to hell with 'em. :)

19. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    wait a minute now, what do people seem to think was written to the people of ohio? because you all seem to think that it was a pro kerry campaign, that isnt it at all.
    the letters written were unbias facts and materials as well as a coalateted public opinion. there was no "vote kerry, screw bush" side to it.

20. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Shoshino - No, the Guardian just gave out mailing addresses to people, and had no opportunity to screen what was sent out. For all we know, the letters may have all been "Vote for Kerry, you daft bloody American, or we'll be forced to return and reclaim you as our colony." There was no "unbiased facts" side to it.

This one had me rolling. :grin:

[ November 08, 2004, 00:37: Message edited by: Slith ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.