1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WHAT THE F.... ! (Women try to take body on plane)

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    How can you not notice that the person you're with is dead? Seriously, how dumb do you have to be?

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Probably more desperation. Denial is a powerful thing.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    If it was Ryanair, or Easyjet, I wonder if it was a cost-saving thing... £30 ticket for a person to Germany, or £100 luggage cost? Makes sense. Sometimes you just have to applaud ingenuity....

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I do not think it is entire implausible that they didn't realize he was dead. In fact, perhaps he died after they arrived at the airport. First of all, they said that they arrived in a taxi. I would think that the taxi driver would have realized if he was dead, as they would have had to pick him up to get him into and out of the taxi. Once arriving at the airport, maybe he was sitting in a wheelchair. Again, I doubt the two women physically carried him in. If you had him in a wheelchair, and he died while you were pushing him, it isn't implausible that they thought he was simply asleep.

Then there is the common sense explanation: I just cannot fathom how you could reasonably expect to get a dead guy onto and off a plane short of carrying him. It's not like they had reached the boarding gate - they were just checking in. Of course, there is a very easy way to check the feasability of their story - I'm sure the police checked the dead guy's temperature. You can approximate when a person died based on their temperature. The longer they have been dead, the closer their body temperature is to room temperature. If the body temperature comes back saying he had recently died, their story checks out. If they estimate he had been dead for six hours, not so much...

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If he was in a chair for the whole trip there the taxi driver may not have noticed, one woman talks to the driver while the other gets him in and out the taxi. The driver only has to unlock the ramp at the beginning and end of the journey.

It's not that odd for someone to sleep in their chair either, especially elderly. There's even a guy at uni who keeps sunglasses in his side-pocket in case he feels like taking a nap while out in town, he'll literally just park up and take a nap in the middle of the city.

I guess if the story gets more coverage we'll get a better idea of what happened.

7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    This story makes me chuckle. My dad lives in Florida near my sister. He plans to be buried next to my mother here in Massachusetts. He has always told my sister that he will be really upset if after he dies we have to pay an airline and funeral home the cost of shipping a body. He has repeatedly told her to "flip him in the trunk with a couple of bags of ice and then drive".

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
  9. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] "I [did not] kill my Willi. My Willi is my god. I [have loved] my Willi for 22 years."

:D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.