1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where are the released villagers?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Firedrake, Jul 9, 2000.

1. Firedrake Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] OK, I finished the Dragon's Eye dungeon, killed the whateverthehellthatwas thing that had the Heartstone gem and have it in my inventory. When I went back up to the upper levels, the female cleric and all the kidnapped villagers were gone. Ok, I think, they've gone home. Apparently not so, as they are not back in the village. Did I not do something? Where are they and how do I get them home? Help!

2. Katar5 Gems: 1/31

Where was the heart stone? When you kill the clerics that are holding the "good cleric" and the villagers capture, ask her. I didn't, my post is basically the same.

3. Firedrake Gems: 1/31

The heartstone was on the body of the Big Nasty at the bottom of the dungeon.

4. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I did the same thing -- I was in the Severed Hand before I realized I had missed that whole section, and when I got back, the priestess was gone. I hope I didn't screw the whole game up....

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Same thing happened to me. I left the Cleric up there since she said "I'll stay around incase you need healing" and went on my way to the bottom level. When I went back up to see her, she was gone and when I went to Kuldahar to tell them I had found the Mother Priest, they think I was still looking for her.

So now, that quest I can never finish because of the vanishing act she's pulled on me.

-Syl

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Are you serious? That bites! I did the exact same thing...She said she would stay behind in case anyone needed healing...I don't remember an option to let her get the prisoners out! I was pretty focused on getting healing at that point too!

I'm getting ready for the big fight for the Heartstone Gem...I am not happy that I won't be getting any goodies for saving the villagers! Hopefully she'll be there when I make the return trip...But I'm not too confident about that now!

But I have to say...There have been some good fights down in the Dragon's Eye IWD is awesome!

7. DailyRich Gems: 3/31

Hey, don't worry, you get much cool loot once you defeat the snake goddess down there. Makes the long trudge back to town all worth it!

8. DailyRich Gems: 3/31

Here's another thought -- why do the villagers you free from the Lizard King still hang around in the holding pens after you release them? I got the experience for rescuing them, but all they do is talk about how they can't wait to go home -- while staying in the caves. Odd.

9. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

IWD is a great game and has made me relax when I get home from work or just coming home late on a week night. It sucks me right into the adventure. I am not too happy about some of the bugs I've encountered to missing items NPCs are supposed to give you or NPCs vanishing altogether.

So far, I've come across 3 things that have bugged out.

The Mother Priest vanishing.

Orrick The Gray giving you an item for the book he's looking for about Elven Ruins, but he never gives you the item due to a BAD LINK ERROR in the program. (note, you can pick pocket him afterwards for the item)

And in the next chapter, doing a quest for someone receives an item, yet she gives you nothing even though it says she does.

Otherwise, this game is great and I know those problems, little as they seem, will be fixed when the patch is released.

-Syl

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.