1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where is horrid wilting?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Graiskye, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Graiskye Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello folks , relative newcomer to BGII, have wanted to play for a while but just recentley finally got the game. Question where the heck do I find the horrid wilting spell? I have been reading lots of strats, and walkthroughs and such, there is a lot of instances where people mention this spell but I am unable to find any mention of it in game. Any ideas, is it a mage spell, or priest ? Thanks Grai ps searched but couldnt find btw.

[ October 11, 2005, 02:09: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It's an eight level wizard spell. I'm afraid i can't recall where... I just know i alwasy had it when i could cast 8th level spells :roll:

3. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's a mage spell, level 8. Much fun, especially if you cast Greater Malision and Lower Resistance beforehand.

IIRC, you can get it from Ribald in the Adventurer's Mart in Chapter 6. Also, if your PC is a mage, you can get it from one of the Planar Sphere apprentice tasks.

( :wave: ps: welcome to the boards, my fellow Canadian)

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

There is a possibility that Ribald has one in chap. 6, but otherwise I think you have to get it as random loot.

try:

Pickpocketing all the guards in Athkatla
    Fighting the Cowled Wizards instaed of buying them off.
    crossing your fingers...

Does the mage in the underdark have one? Vis... something is his name.

:EDIT:

you people type too fast for me :nolike: :p

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Visaj? I don't know if he does or not.

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31

I may be thinking of death spell....

7. Cold_Hawaiian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Vithal in the underdark will give you a scroll after you do his quest and complain to him about your reward. The trick is finding him.

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Taken from Dan Simpson's guide

Vithal - 20,000 experience
    Skull of Death (Helm, casts Death Spell)
    Spells - Wail of the Banshee
    Incendiary Cloud
    Time Stop
    Infravision

No horrid wilting, I was wrong...

9. Graiskye Gems: 1/31

Thanks all, this board is obviously a busy place wow. Will Keep an eye out for it. Funny thing, reading about the 50 lvl spell mod where they make a specific mention of that spell, and then in the list of spells affected by the mod, it is not listed? Cant find it in SK either, is 'Horrid Wilting' the nickname, or the actusl spell name? Last thing and this is starting to annoy me to no end, is there a way to get the camera to follow the action? Tired of having to follow the main character around with the mouse, is this a bug ? BTW I have WeimerEOUmod(sorry I dont have the time to do it the true blue way) installed just so you know, thanks for the warm welcome, and Happy Thanksgiving Laiwethel, enjoy your turkey if you havent all ready(if you celebrate of course). So thanks again Graiskye..

10. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

It's called Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting.

And have a great Thanksgiving yourself :) .

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

The full name is Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, but we just call it Horrid Wilting or ADHW for short.

Spell code: SPWI812
    Item code: SCRL9G

12. Graiskye Gems: 1/31

Much Thannks again, Grai

13. Cold_Hawaiian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Also taken from DSimpson's guide:

When Vithal returns (everyone gets 20,000 experience) he offers you some treasure: (edited out)

If you complain, he will give you a couple of spells (Simulacrum and Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting). If you complain further he will attack you. Try to beat him quickly to avoid his Imprisonments.

So you WERE right Malovae, just that you don't kill him for it :p

14. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

You can find several copies of Abi-Dalzim in the Underdark: One of the hostiles trapped in the drow device in the main cavern has it, as well as the group who attacks you once you leave Ust Natha for the first time in disguise.

Also, as someone already said, it can be found randomly on NPCs, though it's rare that way.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.