1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where's Adalon's Lair?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Graiskye, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Graiskye Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello again, well I have searched every inch of the underdark ,and cannot find Adalons lair? I have gone so far as to try to use the MoveToArea, cheatusing the coordinates given in Dan Simpsons excellent walkthrough, which was unsuccesful, dont think Im purtting in the area/coordinates properley... Any ideas, am I looking in the right area, as I understand it, it is in the underdark itself. I have allready fought thru the Drow city with the drow hostile towards me, would like to try the Adlons quest, if I can just find the entrance to her/his lair ? Thanks Grai

[ October 12, 2005, 15:36: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It's on the NE side of the map, below the entrance to Ust Natha. Pass the bridge (the one with the ambush) and turn left. If you can't see it then reveal the map with ExploreArea() command.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Not sure you can do that, since Adalon's quest includes working with the Drow.

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I think he used the console to get there.

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Do you have the light gem, from the svirfneblin king? You can't get inside the "dark cave" (Adalon's lair) without it.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Susipaisti has a better description. If you explore around the drow gate, there's a 'dark cave' you can't go into without a light source.

I don't think you can do Adalon's quest when the drow are hostile to you.

7. Graiskye Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I didnt use the console,have never really been able to get the console type cheats to work for me, and by the drow city I mean, theres like I think 5 rooms linked together, after you fight thru the KuoToa lair, you cross a reddish/orange/brown stone bridge with a handful of Drow guarding the door. If thats the Drow city then you can fight thru it hostile. It took a few attempts, but Im on day 45 or so my character is getting pretty high level. As I understand it Adalons quest is not intergal to the main plot but I could be mistaken(Im a real rookie in BG),but I thought the dragon,Adalon , offers to turn you drow for a short time while you complete some babysitting chore for her IIRC ? Im on the hunt for Bodhi again, for the third time, atm, and I aint never seen no dragon.
    Ill have to try again, I did have the light gem, so Ill give er another shot. Thank you everybody. Grai :)

8. Susipaisti

The area with the Kuo-Toans is not the drow city. The actual city is east of Adalon's lair. You can't even get in without Adalon's magical drow disguise; hence the speculation about hacing used the console.

Adalon's quest is related to the main plot, but not absolutely necessary. It's in fact quite long and involved, and you get lots of loot and exp in the process.

[ October 13, 2005, 14:20: Message edited by: Susipaisti ]

9. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

You got the door to open? How? Oh well that was not the Drow City. That leads to the world outside.

Go back to the main Underdark map. At the centre of the southern edge of the map is a shop run by Duergar. Leading up from it is a path that goes past a strange globe towards the real Drow city, Ust Natha. A group of Drow gaurding the gates will attack you if you get there. Just before you get to the bridge leading into Ust Natha is a path that leads to the left. This will lead you to Adalon's lair.

10. Graiskye Gems: 1/31

Found it, thx again, was looking in the totally wrong place. Drow attacked me tho ? Thought I said the proper thing Im Veldrin from Chad Nessad, but they still pummeled me Try it again. I do have EaseofUse, and underrep mod installed. Peaace, off to try and sneak in again. G

11. Susipaisti

The drow don't like it if you say "please." You need to act like drow.

Shrikant, the drow guarding the door to the surface carry with them some scroll that lets you open the door.

12. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

They shouldn't attack you if you say that your name is Veldrin from Chad Nessad, is this because you have a mod installed or something?

Anyway, if you attack the guards, I'm pretty sure the rest of the city isn't going to be happy with your decision. Just try again.

At least you found your way into the cave though - Now you can do her quest! Of course, if you're feeling courageous, you could kill Adalon. This may be hard, but it comes with its own rewards ...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.