1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where's Cromwell???

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by St_Jeremy, May 26, 2005.

1. St_Jeremy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm sure this has been asked and answered. I'm in-between quests and I wanna unload my inventory of flails.

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Err ... Cromwell doesn't buy stuff. He makes powerful items out of special parts.

He is in the Docks District. From the street entrance into Maevar's Thief Guildhouse continue further to the right of the screen. Near the end you will find a single flight of stairs leading to a door. Cromwell is in here.

3. elvenmage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

He is in the farthest southeast part of the docs district. You'll see a torch in front of a 2 story building. It's upstairs in that building. The stairs, I believe are on the side of the building.

4. St_Jeremy Gems: 1/31

thanks...oh and yes i know he build the artifacts, i just have a bunch of pieces parts in my inventory that would be better suited as the weapon it was ment to be... :)

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If you mean the flail of ages you need to use the forge in the De'Arnise Keep :rolling:

I don't think Cromwell makes any flails better otherwise, without mods that is :hmm:

6. St_Jeremy Gems: 1/31

correct...i figured that out as i was talking to him. i went back to the keep and forged it.

now i have the equalizer jem...where are the other parts? and is it worth it to build?

the flail was disappointing.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The flail was disappointing???? You aren't using it right. The ability to slow your opponent with EVERY hit is awesome (I like FoA better than Celestial Fury -- not as good special effects but more deadly in battle). FoA is a great golem killer.

The immunities you get from the equalizer are good, but you don't really need them after you get all the parts. The blade and hilt of the equalizer are in the underdark.

8. Shrikant

For the record St_Jeremy, you lost a bundle of XP for not having forged the flail before killing Torgal. That flail is very useful against Trolls and Golems, both of which you find in the keep. It is practically the only weapon for a Beserker/Cleric and by far the best blunt weapon in SoA.

You can't forge the Equaliser till you have returned from the underdark, in chapter 6. Only a Kensai or a Thief will have any use for it due to its conferred immunity to charm spells. Otherwise, its damage or combat abilities do not rate it being particularly useful that late in the game.

9. St_Jeremy Gems: 1/31

thanks for the info...the only reason i found the flail disappointing is when i was putting my characters together, who'da thunk to put "Flail" into a weapon proficiency slot.

even though it is a nice weapon, everyone is at a disadvantage using it not being proficient :(

---side note... i recently had to give it to Valgar, for some reason his sword disappeared mid battle. did it break without me noticing???

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It shouldn't break :hmm:

If it was in the inventory it could have been displaced by a quest item being given and dropped without being noticed. One of the more annoying aspects of quest items being given to characters with already full inventories.

11. Shrikant

Well, you learn and use the knowledge next time. Believe me, there will be a lot of 'next times' :lol:

12. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i think FoA is better than Celestial Fury only in ToB, but FoA is the best weapon for Viconia in my experience, so i make sure getting it early in the game

13. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.