1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who is the biggest threat to world peace?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Cúchulainn, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] A report in this mornings Guardian states that British believe Bush is more dangerous than Kim Jong-il

Who do you consider to be the biggest threat today and why?

link

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In my opinion, the biggest threat to world peace is the unjust distribution of goods and the exploitation of the economically weak by the economically powerful. Not the mere income difference enrages people but the way they are treated, which is far from fair and equal. The moment we have fair exchange and exploitation is replaced with good will, things will improve. If this happens at all, that is.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I read the article this morning, and I have to admit I did have a good laugh when I saw the title.

Frankly, my list of people who are a threat to the world is a rather long one, but both Bush and Kim are somewhere at the top, along with that other lovely fellow Ahmadinejad. Now which of the 3 is more a threat... when you're considering such a scale it really doesn't matter.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

The biggest threat to world peace: the human race. Competition is in our blood, whether it's the outright aggression of testosterone or the intricate backstabbing of estrogen. (Note: this is NOT a male-female thing. It's more along the lines of what people with those hormones do. A guy with a lot of estrogen will favor the subtle approach, and a female with a lot of testosterone will favor the direct approach.) Humans have an innate need for conflict, and conflict is what we shall always have.

5. lwelyk Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

blarg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

It's not about evil, it's about aggression and competition. Evil just makes it easier.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Barnie.

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'll take 'loaded questions' for a thousand, Alex.

9. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Bush, without a doubt, is more dangerous to world peace than Iran, North Korea, Venuzuela or Cuba.

10. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Christopher Walken is quite clearly the greatest threat to world peace this world has known, or ever will. He has already taken the first step towards his ultimate goal. His eeeevil plan for world domination has already begun. http://www.walken2008.com/

11. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

It's not George Bush as he only has two years left to make mischief (not to mention the fact that more often than not it's unjustified incrimination that he recieves).

12. Drew

Media:
    You mean he didn't intentionally lie about Iraq having connections to Al-Qaida? (It can be proven he did by reading transcripts of his own speeches which are hosted on his own website) Or that he didn't actually lie to the entire world about WMD in Iraq to use it to perpetrate an unjust war with no plan for exit and no strategy for keeping the peace? (Too many members of the intelligence community have come out now for anyone to deny this one anymore.) I could go on, but I'm tired. The accusations against Bush aren't baseless.

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

IMO?? Bush and his war mongering administration...

14. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

In my opinion its the USA thats the biggest threat, not Bush alone. I mean over 50 percent of the country DID vote for him.....twice. And even if North Korea has nuclear weapons, the US is the only country who has actually used weapons like that on people.

15. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Rawgrim: True...but then again as I understand, the elections in which Bush won have been some of the dodgiest in the history of the US.

Besides, I didn't have nearly as many issues with the US administration when Clinton was in charge...

Edit: Typos...

16. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

The president of the most powerful country. Currently that is Bush. If Iran had the power that USA possess I would say Ahmedinejad. But they don't have enough power to attack and invade wherever they want yet. Besides my mom says Ahmedinejad is more handsome than ugly Bush. :lol: I agree with her too. If my country had the military power of USA then president of Turkey would be the greatest threat. :skeptic:

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Not at all. Even the statement that "half of the people who voted, voted for him" is wrong. With the way the US electoral system works, you don't need a majority vote to win, you just need to win in certain key states. Which is how Bush won in 2000 (and only because one of those key states he considered as having won, Florida, he didn't win at all. Even the supreme court (most appointed by his father a decade before) admitted there had been a miscount, but they decided not to do anything about it)

18. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The real answer is complicated and nobody is a big threat on his/her own. But if you just want a simple name, it is absolutely Bush.

19. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Interestingly enough, Bush got a higher percentage of votes the second time around after the people had seen what he'd done. I guess it probably is just that his competition was even crappier...

I really think Ahmedinejad is probably the biggest threat to world peace as of now, quite simply because after listening to several interviews of him I've come to the conclusion that... he's crazy. Which is made even worse because he is indeed a very charismatic individual.

In the long term though, I don't think what anyone in power right now is going to have influence that will be notable on the scales of past uses of power.

20. Drew

Media:
    Not necessarily. There is a substantial percentage (something like 15%) of Americans who always vote for the incumbent.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.