1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who is the hardest to kill?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Deathbringer, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Deathbringer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My vote goes to Arkanis Gath. He is the only one that made me have to reload a bunch of times. My all evil party went on a rampage and murdered some thieves. Then out he comes and murders my party instantly. Pulling off a timestop in time was nearly impossible because you don't know when he's comming. My PC with boots of speed and improved haste out ran his striking distance and then he was doomed. He chases my PC while Edwin pulls off a timestop shapechange. After Edwin takes a couple bites Arkanis is through. With Arkanis out of the way all the theives were a piece of cake. Maybe we could have come to an understanding but my Evil party agreed revenge was in order. I was amazed to find that Renal had boots of speed. He ran when it was apparent he was going down but I reloaded and got him with a timestop. Melchor is proving to be quite annoying. I have killed him over and over. I would like to know who keeps raising him from the dead.

[ November 30, 2004, 11:07: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

2. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

the imprisoned one...

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Demon Wraith, because of all the traps.

You're not supposed to be able to kill Arkanis or Melichor.

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Firkraag is a real pain in the ass. As is Draconis and Abazigal.

I didnt really find the shadow dragon tough, though, or the green dragon in Suldanasellar.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Kangaxx the Demi Lich for me...that semi-automatic Imprisonment gun he uses kills my party. The fact that he uses Teleport Field makes it even harder for my unprotected party members to keep from getting zapped inside a jar, a few leagues under the surface of Faerûn. :bang:

Firkraag is a close second...his first attack is always Dragon Breath on the weaker members of my party...which usually kills two or three of them instantly, and removes their portrait from the list, so I can’t resurrect them. :cry: :rolling:

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Unmodded, I would say Firkraag.

Modded, I would say, Faldorn and err...Firkraag.

I found Firkraag (modded and unmodded) easiest with a solo thief. As you enter for the first time, set spike traps and normal traps to the limit (normal ones a little bit closer to Firk). Initiate combat after the conversation and try and take one of his stone skins down which then means you get knocked back a million miles. He follows you into range of your traps and the spikes should take care of him. I have a much harder time when using a mage at lower levels as my main dragon tactic is Spell Trigger x3 lower resistance and then timestop *everything I have* special move :) With a straight fighter (or kit) I find it almost impossible to beat him.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Firkraag was tough in Chapter 2 (I really wanted Carsomyr for my Cavalier). That party in the sewers was also tough coming straight from the Copper Coronet quest (very early in chapter 2).

Level and equipment has a lot to do with how hard an enemy is to kill.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Demogorgon, definitely. Kangaxx comes in as second.

9. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Unmodded, I would say the end boss in TOB (the entire battle)

Modded, Hell Irenicus (the entire battle too).

Joke, anyone with Imoen's belt ;) (not that there isn't a way to kill them)

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

What mod?

I always found Draconis to be the hardest fight in the entire game, with Amy as a close second if you don't use cheesy tactics to beat her.

11. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Firkraag, followed by the ToB final fight sequence.

12. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Draconis was the toughest for me.

13. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Unmodded: Draconis is the stuff of nightmares, and you have no choice but to fight him. Demogorgon is vicious but still easily beatable given the right preparations - you don't even need to resort to cheese tactics.

Modded: The Ascension final battle, although I've yet to encounter the Eclipse and Vampire Hunter battles. Undead Solaufein & Improved Bodhi together are a true horror story as well - I couldn't finish that without the IMoD. Improved Firkraag is a real monster, too - well, unless you have a Monk using his/her Quivering Palm attack...

14. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Those twisted rune punks always gave my party a rough time.

First time through without mods or reading any tips, the imprisoned one took many reloads and return visits to finally beat him. Undoubtedly the most frustrating and time consuming battle of this series. The end battle was no walk in the park either.

15. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Kangaxx is still too tough for me to beat without cheese, everyone else is a doozy, even the ToB demilich.

Edit: The eclipse battle is way too tough.

16. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Draconis, hands down.

After that... the sewer party is usually pretty tough, largely because of when what level I'm usually at. NonSequitur is right; Undead Sola + Imp Bhodi is the kind of thing you wake up covered in sweat dreaming about. Just nasty.

I've never really had any problems with Demo, and Imp Irenicus has always been a walk in the park. Actually, I've always had a lot of trouble with the Planar Prison. I'm not sure why. Probably try to do it a little too soon.

17. Rednik Gems: 21/31

@ Kam

How could I forget undead Sola+ Imp Bodhi? That fight was damn near impossible.

I never had problems with Draconis though, I just had kelsey use timestop after timestop to weaken him.

18. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@ Rednik: You know, believe it or not, I don't think I ever actually tried using Timestop against Draconis. Boy, is my face red.

19. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Timestop, Pierce Shield, Dragon's Breath, Dragon's breath ought to do it.

Also, my swashbuckler had immunity to timestop at one point and that allowed him to whack Draconis while time was stopped, but I forgot how he got it, I think it was one of the HLAs.

20. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I've only ever picked up immunity to timestop via a mod item. That was the ring of virtue from the reign of virtue mod.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.