1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who's yer Idol?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by hooligan_inc, Apr 21, 2001.

1. hooligan_inc Guest

I just wanna know which people in the world you really admire? i'd especially like to know some of the erm...higher up ppl on the board (BTA, Darien, Tal, Egg etc)

I admire Laurance Olivier, what a great performance this guy would give. I really respect this actor - all the parts he plays are absolutely awesome.

There are also some wrestlers I really admire: Ric Flair and Roddy piper are the two that instantly spring to mind. And, althugh I give him a lot of s***, I also respect Hulk Hogan. But not THAT much :)

So how about you guys??

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] George Lucas!
    And not just for Star Wars but his other movies too.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If we talk of living people my top person is Dalai Lama.

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Miyamoto Musashi, the author of the Book of the 5 Rings and a legendary swordsman in feudal Japan.

5. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I don't know why but the first two that come in mind now are Dave Murray and John Petrucci. Now, if you happen not to know them it's your loss :)

6. Mhalek Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My idol? The immortal guitar god Kurt Cobain himself. Murdered by that Llolth-loving ho bag gully dwarf of a wife seven years ago.

7. herf Guest

mine would have to be either curt cobain or corey taylor (the lead singer form slipknot), not only is corey the best singer in the metal industry, he is also the best headbanger, he also has a doulbe degree is spanish, one in modern literature and one in some science or other.

Somos feos apestamos y pero reinamos joto muthafucka

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Mark Hoppus off blink 182
    Freddie Mercury off Queen
    ANd some others me thinks...

9. Wingfoot Guest

my idols/heros...well hooligan_inc is at the top of my list for sure ;)

now in no paticular order...

Robbie Krieger
    Melvin Taylor
    Jerry Garcia...he's 2nd after hooligan ofcourse
    Stevie Ray
    Matt Smith for teaching how to play blues the right way
    my old man for getting me into guitar in the 1st place!
    Walter Payton because he wasn't a cocky SOB.
    cant forget my man Ron "Pigpen" Mckernan... rest in peace.

that about does it for me.

[This message has been edited by Wingfoot (edited April 22, 2001).]

10. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    OK, that was spamming. Sorry if it wasn't appropriate Tal.

My idol would be my dad. He has to be the most patient and tolerant person I've ever met in my life. Not to mention one of the most hard-working

[This message has been edited by AMaster (edited April 23, 2001).]

11. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

it has gotta be without a doubt lead nirvana dude kurt cobain or possibly david bowie

12. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Michael Jordan
    an idol is a person who u absolutely adore and when u grow up u wanna be just like em

13. In no particular order;

Zach de la Rocha - (former) frontman of Rage Against the Machine. Has a great, unique voice.

Tom Morello - Guitarist from Rage Against the Machine. Possibly the best in the rock industry today (don't flame me for this :D)

Chino Moreno - Deftones frontman. He's just fucking cool, basically.

[This message has been edited by The Amazing Ooopah (edited April 22, 2001).]

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Agatha Christie
    Ed Greenwood
    My parents
    We elves are highly sentimental ;)

15. hooligan_inc Guest

Chino Mareno rules ass!!!

16. [​IMG] Chino MORENO, Hooligan!
    Get it right boyo!

:D

17. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I agree with Dalai Lama, but I'd choose someone else (not still living tho):
    - Buddha or
    - Nitzshe (sp?)

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31

About dead ones I choose this master:
    Ludwig Wittgenstein

For those who want to see why I admire this fella I suggest this masterpiece:
    Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus

OK, maybe I should choose some religion founders or musicians, but I reject to do that! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Let's see, there's...

George Carlin (Comedian)

Neil Gaiman (author of The Sandman comics among other things)

and (of course)
    Anyone who has anything to do with the BG/IWD games including the wonderful people who maintain and moderate this site. :D

20. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Good choosing Extremist.
    Especially the last paragraph of the Tractatus is very wise in it's triviality:
    (don't know it's exact wording but comprehended it's) "If you can't speak about a subject you have to shut up!"
    Originally it is about (mathematical)logic but i think it's also not wrong for ordinary conditions. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.