1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why is there only one soundset?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Zaragoth, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Zaragoth Guest

I want the soundsets from bg1 and IwD too! Is there any way to get them? Not only Ajantis or whatever that goody pally-boy´s name is? Is there anyone - for example extremist - who can do this? And place them on sorcerer´s place?
    thx! // Zaragoth

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

All the soundset are out there. Tal has a lot of them. I think I got the IWD from him so go check in the games section. I knew that the BG1 sounds are on the net as well because I downloaded them months ago. Go do a search for "BG sounds" and you should get lots of hits.

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

You can get every single NPC soundset from BG1 here.

If that is too large, if you look around here , you can find each individual NPC soundset.

Note that file planet is a bit dodgey, so it may take a while to download.

4. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] I thank thee. Very useful.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Can I also make that if I use Bardsong that my bard starts to play some great heavy metal song? I'm sure also Zaragoth will like that ;)

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Genius Headbanger! Yes, yes can it be done?
    I'm seriously thinking about playing with a bard next and this would be cool.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It worx!
    Yeah, yeah, for SoA.

You only need to get your favorite battlesong in wav format.

First, I tested the game with converted battlesong from great game Soulbringer. It was RPG15.MP3. It kicked ass!
    Then I tried some more - I used ACM2WAV converter and placed some music scores from Planescape:Torment.
    Lastly I recorded with WINDAC32 Steve Vai's kickass Greasy Kid stuff in wav format to try it.
    OMG, OMG - Haer'Dalis stays in party for good!!!

Here's the catch:
    1. Get the music file in wav format.
    2. Rename it to ACT_01.wav
    3. Move it to OVERRIDE folder
    4. Start the game and try it already!

Last notes:

Once when you press brad song button - the game stops - but only for a few secs until the music is buffered. After that... we're rolling!!! :D

Also note that when music won't stop when bard stops playing! It is not a glitch - it is because original sound is so short that Bioware wasn't supposed to force turning it off once bard stops playing the harp.

Disclaimer:

This is ONLY tested for BG2: SoA. I can't take responsibility if you ruin your game while trying it in other games based on Bioware Infinity Engine and especially while trying it with possible expansions or additions (ToB) installed.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited September 11, 2001).]

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] *sigh*

I guess this means I'll do some testing in the weekend...

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Woohoo! It worked :D :D. Now my female blade can play something interesting on her harp :D :D.

Thanks Extremist!

BTW, I have ToB, and everything worked fine (although I only tried one song).

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited September 11, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.