1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestler dead in murder/suicide

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
  2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No one ever seems to expect anyone to do things like this when they do. This is always shocking, because it's so senseless and completely unpredictable.

This is the third WWE superstar to meet an untimely end in the last 8 years. Owen Hart (fell from the rafters to his death at a WWE event; stunt accident) and Eddie Guererro (suicide in his hotel room) came before this.

Tragedy. It always is when somebody snaps.

3. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

eddie guererro did NOT commit suicide [snip], his death was ruled natural causes

[No need for personal attacks - BTA]

@ bta
    completely & totally brainless comments deserve everything they get in response

[ June 27, 2007, 02:08: Message edited by: martaug ]

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Talking back to an administrator and justifying what got snipped also deserves this response.

If you had an issue with Death Rabbit asserting that Eddie committed suicide, all you had to do was calmly explain your take on things instead of going off the deep end.

If you had a problem with BTA's moderating, PM was the way to go.

[ June 27, 2007, 23:23: Message edited by: Beren ]

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I was listening to ESPN radio today and the host of one of the shows shared his interesting (albeit extreme) view of the deaths. He commented that it was inevitable that many wrestlers would die in their 20's and 30's due to a lifestyle that is centered around violence, sex, alcohol,and drugs (including steroids and painkillers). He said though, that it wouldn't make a difference how many wrestlers died due to this lifestyle, because the fans will keep on buying. So, there are fans that complain, but they aren't doing anything to force the commish of the sport (entertainment) to do anything. And quite frankly-based on the call-ins from wrestling fans-he was correct, the machine will continue to be fed, so there's no reason to change since the organization is about $$$. and that's what they're getting.

EDIT: Oh, and the biggest trajedy here IMO is in that he got the order wrong, if he was going to commit suicide might as well do it before killing anyone else...

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Eddie Guerrero did not commit suicide. Officially, he died from a genetic heart problem that was never diagnosed until too late.

As for Benoit... I still have trouble believing the double murder-suicide. Of course, no one knows what went through his head, but this guy loved his family more than everything - that's how it looked like, anyway. *shrugs* Anything is possible, I guess.

It looks like it was a deliberate act, not an act under the effects of rage. All drugs found in Benoit's home were prescription, and no steroids were found.

I am shocked and disappointed it had to end this way, but Benoit's legacy as a wreslter is undeniable. RIP, Crippler.

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm not exactly a wrestling fan but I really liked this Benoit guy. He's one of those few wrestler who would actually shake the hands of someone who defeated him fair and square. I'm not gonna say I'm gonna miss him but it is sad to see such things happen like this.

8. martaug Gems: 23/31

OFF=TOPIC
    beren said:
    "If you had an issue with Death Rabbit asserting that Eddie committed suicide, all you had to was calmly explain your take on things instead of going off the deep end."

1)it's not my take on things, it's the ACTUAL ruling by the authorities & ALWAYS has been.

2)i saw a total & complete LIE put out there as the truth & responded..........rashly

beren said:
    "Talking back to an administrator and justifying what got snipped also deserves this response."

i will defend anything i say or do to anybody.
    no one is any better than anyone else, no matter their title

yes he had the right to edit my message, i probably should haved called the statement asinine
    & not insulted the poster.
    i do apologize for that

beren said
    " If you had a problem with BTA's moderating, PM was the way to go. "

nope, only those who are cowardly refuse to stand up for themselves in public.
    sorry, i don't hide anything i say. i will make my statements & stand behind them.
    d@mn the consequences
    if it gets me banned, big whoop
    and thats i'll i have to say on this subject

start the flames

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

IMO, there seems to be something "off" about the whole thing. Maybe I watch too much CSI. Unless Chris was a great actor, he came across as not the type of person who ties up and strangles his wife, smothers his son and finally hangs himself on the pulley cables of an exercise machine.

Sadly, only 1 (possibly 2) people know what really happened and they are both dead. :bad:

I wonder if whoever has it will release the text message Chris sent.

10. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

This is a link to an article on SI that pretty much follows the same direction as the radio host I mentioned earlier. Despite the fact that I don't care at all for 'pro' wrestling and haven't since I was seven, I found it to be interesting.

Also, here is a more recent version (for lack of a better word) of the original article, so it has some newer details.

@Kuemper- my second link tells what they say, the first was to somebody saying that his wife and kids were sick. The second was to his neighbors saying that his (Benoits) doors were open and his dogs were out. It is apparantly believed now that it was his way of trying to get somebody to come to his house soon after all the deaths (including his).

[ June 27, 2007, 05:29: Message edited by: ChickenIsGood ]

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Martaug,

I was honestly under the impression that Eddie Guererro had killed himself. I didn't LIE, I was mistaken. You do understand the difference, I hope.

I stopped following professional wrestling in junior high like most people, so, forgive me if I didn't afford the proper respect to one of your fallen idols. I do, believe it or not, have better things to do than invent "total & complete LIES" about deceased TV personalities.

Sheesh - lay off the 'roids.

12. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    DR, we can understand it was an honest mistake. So most of us will leave this nonsense alone. Just focus on the tragic suicide of Chris Benoit.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Haven't followed wrestling since I was in grade school either. Although I did hear about Owen Heart, the last death I actually heard of while watching was Andre the Giant. And rumors of the (first, and TRUE) Ultimate Warrior dying because he "lifted so much that his muscles exploded".

14. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Hmmm...intriguing new development.

Apparently, Benoit's WikiPedia entry was edited to mention his wife's death, several hours before her body was discovered by authorities.

Linky
    Funky...

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

First, I heard somewhere that Eddie Guerrero died from a hear problem that was caused by Steroid use.

Second, I don't know that anyone will ever know the truth of why this happenned. I only hope that in time, the Wrestling fans will remember Benoit for the performances in the ring, and not for the horrific end to his life.

16. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

It's a shame, and a shocking one at that. I used to watch the guy all the time in my youth, and I still don't know exactly how to feel about this...except that I am sorry for the family.

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, there are some very odd aspects to this whole murder-suicide, and ones that I HOPE are investigated and resolved, but EXPECT not to be.

Hear-hear. I must partake of the jargon of the '1337' about this heartfelt comment and say QFT; whether he really hung himself due to mental stresses, or was 'assassinated by The Illuminati' :rolleyes: , it doesn't change the fact that he and his family should not have had this happen to them. :(

18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Ugh, apparantly he used the crippler-rossface to kill his son... disgusting. I think I heard that he also had an abundance of the date rape drug found somewhere (don't know what it is called), I wonder what he was using it on?

19. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You know some TV analyst saw a clip of Benoit using the C-C and extrapolated that to his choking his son to death. The C-C really does no damage or pain, except maybe stretching your neck a little. Next they'll be saying he killed Nancy with a flying headbutt from the dresser to the bed.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

There is another funny theory who emerged recently, which says that Kevin Sullivan might be involved.

For those of you who remember, Sullivan was a part of WCW's creative department, and he was the one who scripted his then-wise's affair with Benoit. Main thing is, it became real, and Nancy divorced Sullivan and married Benoit.

Some say Sullivan swore he would kill Benoit - ten years later sounds a bit crazy to me, though.

Sullivan appearantly is a cold-hearted, calculating man, so killing Benoit & Nancy as some form of retribution COULD be possible. As for Daniel, the same theory holds that Sullivan had profund disgust for the offspring of Benoit & Nancy.

The theory makes sense until it diverges into religious territory - it was said that Sullivan is a Satanist, and the murders would have been commited out of retribution. It's true that a Satanist's first credo is Lex Talionis (at least in LaVey Satanism), and while we DO encourage retribution, we do NOT encourage it if it breaks the law. Getting back at a lover who cheated on you counts as an acceptable vengeance in LaVey's vision - but this is not a religion debate, so I'll leave it at that.

The bibles near the bodies are pinpointed to a Satanist's strong loathing of the book, and also to mask the fact that Sullivan, the so-called Satanist was the one behind the murders.

I think it's possible Sullivan might be involved, but I don't buy the "Satanism" theory.

Discuss.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.