1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

X2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Sarevok•, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Have you played it yet? Just got it, it has weeeallly nice graphics! Never played this kind of game before, it is a little bit different then Counter Strike or Baldur’s Gate ^^

:wave:

2. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I assume you´re talking about FF X2?

If so, no, I intend to buy it on wednesday when I get my copy of BGDA2.
    I´ve read quite alot about it though. Should be a great game.

Also, Sarevok, you might want to play FF X before this one...

If it isn´t the FF game, then what is it?

3. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I have not played it but my best mate has it and he hooked already, the graphics are pretty cool. I especially like all the different costumes you can wear. :)

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] No !!! X2 The Threat, not FF !

5. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ohh... well, this isn´t a game that appeals to me. :(

6. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have played The Threat some time ago, borrowed the game, but I don't intend to buy it. The game has some potential, but as a MMO...ELITE ;) That would be really great and I think they are doing something like that as we speak.

But for now: game is really slow, you can get money from missions, from trade, from pirating and from production, but you need a LOT of credits to buy factory station. I belive you can also mine the asteroids, but I didnt figure out how, but it seems as it doesn't need as much money as you need for mining station. Missions (well i finished 3-4) are nice, but mostly: go there and return alive, or maybe to shoot somebody later... But biggest problem the game has is flying (IMHO), because the ship acts weirdly and you can buy some improvements to handle it better, but it is not enough, and the fastest ships are to "inertion challenging" for me (sorry but english is my 3rd language :) so I miss the expresion).

There are several races, and each race has different ships, so there are plenty of ships to fly, from single seat fighter, to transporter or even huge battleship.

You can buy a fleet of ships and give them some commands, like attack, go there, buy, sell, but i didnt find option to make a list that would be in a loop (for trading), but you can tell him to find best place to sell/buy...

Overall nice game, but I really dont have time to do trade runs over and over again and I cant fight well, so hex editor is best way to earn cash :D

Graphics are really nice, but I would sacrifice it for Tie Fighter's flight system (which I played several times, Collector's CD too on a mouse, and I wouldnt trade it for joystick!)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.