1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

'Yo, Blair'

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Shows he actually IS a human being, who would have thought eh ? :shake:

3. nunsbane

nunsbane

I read about his latest faux pas in "USA Today" and the article went on to quote a communications and government professor who said: "Internationally, [Bush] is not seen as a man of great nuance and complexity". Wow, is this an understatement or what? Bush could probably not even define nuance and is as complex as a monochromatic rubiks cube. What a world class idiot we have at the helm.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A bit of an overstatement, perhaps. Saying yo != being an idiot.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you said yo, it's fine. If I said yo, it's not quite so fine as British people don't say 'yo', but I might get away with it. If Tony Blair said 'yo' I think I would die of embarassment.
    You just don't want your countries leader being like that. He's a top class tool!

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Personally i think the "Hezbollah needs to stop doing that ****" part gave him away....Bush is a raging fan of the Prince of Bel Air. :D

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
  8. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

:aaa:

*dies*

9. nunsbane

nunsbane

@ Oaz,
    I agree, a single yo does not an idiot make....Bush was an idiot long before now.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haha, while I did think it was funny, I think everyone is making a much bigger deal about Bush saying '****.' No one was supposedly listening, so who cares what he says?

11. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    If he wanted to run for office again, he'd have some serious image reparation to do. His use of profanity would really hurt his image with his Fundamentalist base. Swearing is not seen as a good thing. It's right up there with worshiping satan or voting for a democrat.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I actually liked this event, showed that Bush was a human being and that he could say some stuff on his own. This "average joe thing" is actually what has put and kept him in the White House but I have never really seen anything of it until now.

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I don't see what the fuss is. I'd rather the heads of the UK and the USA be on friendly enough terms to be able to use such language between each other.

As people have said, it makes him seem more human and we need to remember that he is one. I see nothing wrong with saying 'Yo' as long as it's only said once in a conversation as a greeting.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The More I hear about Bush the more I suspect that the US presidency takes it's job description from Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. They suggest that the role of President of the Galaxy was to draw attention away from power, not to wield it. If that's the Case, then Bush does his job really well.

If not, and Bush really is the Idiot that you make him out to be, then what kind of loser must John Kerry be to have lost that election?

15. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    one with less money and less friends to destroy the others reputation.

though i havent heared the clip myself others have said that the "yo" was like saying "here boy" and "good doggie"

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I thought the "not enough good docs can practice their love on women" remark would cement his reputation as an idiot.

Still Bush has not called the Turkish 'kababs' unlike Tiosearch Ahern :roll:

@Drew, didn't he call someone an ******* before he was even elected?

17. nunsbane

nunsbane

It's true that this one event is not as bad as many people will make it out to be. However, it is rather inappropriate to summon a very dignified world leader with yo!. It's even worse to call Vladimir Putin by the pet name "Pooty Poot". This incident is just one in a long list in which Bush has asserted his idiocy. As far as him being an average Joe; I would say he is far more deficient than that.

18. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I like this kind of **** from world leaders. It shows that it doesn't need to be so serious all the time and that not everything they say or do has to be correct and nuanced. This may have been an informal conversation, but I wouldn't mind a 'Yo Blair' in a formal speech.

Let's see other country leaders do stuff like this when a group of kids ask them to give a try at skateboarding :D

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hugo Chavez is quite a character. While Bush's quites may be funny but dumb, Chavez' are funny and make sense.

20. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Ah well, as long as he doesn't adress Angela Merkel as Poon Tang, it's fairly innocent. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.