1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favorite actors

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by DragonSlayer21, May 14, 2001.

1. Mine are definetively
    Al Pacino and Russel Crowe.
    There are of course more, but these two guys are the best.
    That's why I really loved seeing them together in The Insider

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dustin Hoffman.

He transforms completely for every role - never acts the same. And he doesn't trying to be cool like many others. And he's not so pretty, nor bodybuilding jerk, he is just a common guy from our neighborhood. That's why I love his movies.

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] For an actor I'd have to say Jack Nickelson and for an actress Jodi Foster. They are both extremely talented proformers. They have the ability to really take on a role and become that character.

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited May 14, 2001).]

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Jack Nicholson. John Travolta. Nicholas Cage. The last two in action movies only.

5. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Al Pacino
    Robert De Niro
    Marlon Brando

The greateat actors of all time, students of the 'method'/ Stanislavsky school.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    In no particular order:

Harrison Ford
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Bruce Willis
    Morgan Freeman
    Robin Williams
    Tom Hanks

7. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Russell Crowe!!??!! he is wooden and useless, thats why I prefered the Emporer in Gladiator to him.

Fave actors:

Robert DeNiro
    Edward Norton
    John Malkovich (sp?)
    Alan Rickman
    Gary Oldman
    Antony Hopkins
    Tom Hanks
    Brad Pitt

That about sums it up for now.

8. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Dom DeLuise
    Charles Nelson Reilly
    Tony Danza
    Dustin Diamond
    Kieran Culkin (Macaculy's younger brother)
    and the dog from Beethoven
    :D
    but seriously,
    Ed Harris
    Julianne Moore
    Chrisina Ricci
    and Bruce Willis in his good movies (e.g. 12 monkeys, 6th Sence)
    plus the entire cast of Monty Python

9. YES Russel Crowe, what about it. Did you ever see Romper Stomper...
    Not that I'm a nazi or anything but cool movie.

And an other thing, I've noticed no one listed Al Pacino. He must be the best actor ever. Scarface, The Godfather, Devils Advocate, any given Sunday and that's just a few. He must be the greatest ever :D

10. Sintek Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Christopher Walken

and

Patrick Stewart - because he is Minsc's twin brother.

11. Seric Exz Guest

Yep. Christopher Walken is cool. Did you see the man dance, btw? (A whole lotta shakin going on (and all that...) )

Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman come in second and third.
    For some reason I feel like mentioning Helena Bonham Carter... I kinda like her. (There must be something dark and sinister playing with me mind, I'm sure... ;) )

12. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Katja Kean! Go Las Vegas! (I think only danes are going to understand this!) :D

13. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

JOHN CUSACK ALL THE WAY!

14. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Angelina Jolie (Tombraider)
    ** drool **

15. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I can't believe nobody hass mentioned Sean Connery yet. He is brilliant - from James Bond to The Hunt for the Red October, (Heh - A russian sub captain with a Scottish accent :D) he is superb in everything. Of course most of the actors up there are good as wel, especially Harrison Ford and Nicholas Cage.

16. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I was going to say that too :). I agree with your picks, Wildfire. I'd like to add Mel Gibson to that list; although, on thinking about it, it may be simply that I love the movies he's been in. I don't feel like making a distinction right now tho.

17. jester1137 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Paul newman-Cool hand luke, Butch cassidy and the sundance kid, The hustler
    the ultimate REAL tough guy...
    Tim Robbins-The player, Jacobs ladder, Shawshank
    the man just never over does it, never hams it up, and always manages to have a couple more than three dimensions
    Morgan Freeman-to damn many to list...how many guys can play a kindly driver, a tough old con, a detective, or a damn president that well?
    Bogart-you just have to love the gritty realism in the day of guys like carry grant. He's really the only guy from the "golden age" of film who could still work today at the age of fourty. I guess you have to see some other movies of the time to realize how different he really was.
    Mathew Brodrick-From ladyhawk to glory...how can you not love that guy?
    Mel Gibson-the guy from galipoli, road warrior, braveheart, man without a face....not so much the guy in those stupid friggin lethal weapon flicks...not so much convinced it's the same person :)

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Mel Gibson! The Patriot, Braveheart rulez! and the Leathal Weapons and What woman want rule too.

Julia Roberts is also great.

19. Kerric Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Christopher Walken
    Love that guy, exellent actor.
    Favorit movie with Walken must be "The prophecy". I really recommend that movie. It's actually a trilogy.

20. Melkhior Guest

These are the only I could think of...
    Mel Gibson, Tom Hanks and Sean Connery.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.