1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your idea of a perfect life

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Eze, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I hinted at this a little in the "Your Life's Dream" topic, but I'll flesh it out.

Hubby and I have interesting jobs that don't require too much OT and can be reached by a 20-minute bicycle commute. We have a comfortable house that stays clean and a nice big yard and garden. Our kids are smart, happy, popular, and get along with each other. Everyone is healthy.

Most importantly, we have plenty of TIME to have fun as a family. Each member gets to pursue his or her interests, either individually or as a group, and the others support those pursuits. We enjoy each other's company, no matter what we're doing.

Funny how little resemblance that bears to what I wanted when I was younger.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A place where I don't have to lay awake at night worrying about my religion, beliefs, the world, war, overpopulation, Columbia (well, maybe not that), pollution, identity, and so forth.

And where there's also a channel that only shows The Simpsons, Buffy, X-Files, and all those other nerdy shows.

[ February 06, 2003, 00:03: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

To answer this, would be to speak of a complete utopia which is pretty much the same for all. And that would take the space of a couple of pages at least. Suffice to say, remove all crime, poverty and famine, make people more reliable, and enforce genuine care of others in work and in free-time, as well as remove all discrimination of any kind. This applies to all beings, not just humans.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Perfect life?

For me, perfect life is a complicated concept. I might think that "Just give me a computer and DSL and games, and boomks and food, and I'll be happy" but it wouldn't work. Perfect life needs imperfections, too. Life won't be perfect without imperfections, like having to wake up early every once and a while, or having to go to the dentist, or things like that. It's stuff like that that makes you APPRECIATE that your life truly is perfect, if you know what I mean.

In my perfect life, I have my own apartment. Not too big, for I don't want to fuss too much when it's time to clean it up. The most importan thing is that it's MINE. I have my beloved Jenova (my computer) all fixed and upghraded, and a very fast internet access.
    I will, of course, have enough income to keep myself in books, clothes, food an other neccesities of life. Preferably, from an interesting part-rime job. I would, of course, like to study, too.
    Of course, I would have friends, too, and someone to love, and be in touch with my family, seeing as they would probably live far off, like thay have always lived. (Another continent, for the example)
    I do not vision children of my own, but I do wish that one day I could help youths with troubles like my own. It sounds dumb and naive, but if I can get even one moron like myself three years ago get his/her head straigh and stop being such a dumbass, I feel that the world is a better place.

(Wow, ANOTHEr rant?)

6. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Whatever I say, it would probably turn out cruddy, but there are a few constants that would have to be in my perfect life.

- A book (preferably popular and moneylicious) written by me, sitting on a shelf in every bookstore in existence.
    - Someone who I love, who loves me.
    - Guinea Pigs, and someone to clean them out for me.
    - Not much hard work, but no boredom.

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Enough money to live on :grin:

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] A nice house that belongs to us with a garden at the front and back, another computer that's black and totally awesome. Able to use and understand all computer languages. To live near my friends, perhaps Colehill or Wimborne. BG2 working on my new PC and I have regular contact with my dad and am getting good grades and dealing with my homework.

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

My perfect life?

- No worries, all fun.

That or an orgasm that lasts into eternity ;)

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] Simplicity itself -- a life without my mother-in-law!!! :holy:

11. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well my idea of a perfect life is my own big house, a hit book by me :D , lots of good PC games that actually work and SOLITUDE. To be able to do anything you want, without anybody bothering you. And a fast Internet connection and my own cinema in that BIG house and lots of toasted bread. Big library of my own too. And no parents and idiot guys. :D
    /\
    I
    I
    I
    EZE's IDEA OF A PERRFECT LIFE

[ February 08, 2003, 10:11: Message edited by: Eze ]

12. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I have to agree with many of the things here but have a few additions of my own.
    1. I want the person who I love to be VERY attractive and to be interested in me sexually.
    2. I want my life to be free from those people who can't think for themselves and anyone who thinks they know what's best for me.
    3. I want to be involved in dangerous and interesting activities but never actually die or suffer any lasting injuries or scars.
    4. Lastly I want a long life so I can enjoy it all.

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

To me a perfect life would be having enough money so that i never need to worry about anything. I'm not talking about millions, but enough to get whatever i need.

14. Fin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My perfect life? :D
    One where Joy (best friend and soulmate) and I could be together, doing all the things we love. It wouldn't be a long life, mind you, we'd probably break our necks, or shoot each other, or push each other off high places. But it'd sure be fun.

Start with the snowboarding, and the surfing in the summer. Then add climbing the Himalayas, skydiving, hangliding and scuba diving. Throw in fencing, martial arts, yoga and archery. And for the final touch - football (soccer).

Then of course the way we'd have all the money - rock and roll. I play lead guitar, she plays bass, we both sing (er... warble).

I assume she'd want a husband, someone with a nice butt and who won't run off with girls named Tania. Hehe. Me? I'd do away with Ali and marry Bono.

That'd be bloody amazing! But for now I'd settle for just being home again, you know, seeing my dad, going to a my school, being #39 in our futbol team, being with my other wacky adventurous friends, talking about world issues, trying to conquer the world. :(

15. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

In my perfect life, I'd be running the show. Of course, by show, I mean this planet. And other planets. And everything that isn't a planet.

To get back on track...I get omnipotence, I'm happy.

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    A perfect life??

One with death in the end

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.