1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Top 10 Favourite Posters...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Let's do this again, shall we?
    Just name your top 10 favourite posters and give reasons to explain why you have picked them. Great fun.

I'll have over the torch to you guys to start with... :thumb: .

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Arabwel - silliness
    Felinoid - he's my friend!
    Harbourboy - he's the straight man
    chevalier - reminds me of my hubby ;)
    Taluntain - duh!
    ofelix - a pretty, talking gem and an interesting Franc-side of Canada
    silverstar - he's there to help with the hard, WeiDu fights
    Nakia - an adult I can relate to
    Kitrax - love his smilie :rolling:
    kuemper - I'd be an idiot if I didn't vote for myself :rolleyes: ;)

These were in no particular order, just when I thought of them. Tal is number one, of course!

EDIT: A brown noser who can't count! I added someone.

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    Brown noser!

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My wife would be very glad to hear that I am straight!

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    You should be proving it to her each night (and the following morning come to that), she shouldn't need to hear it sonny Jim :lol: .

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I doubt I could pick just ten even keeping it to only current posters.
    1) RallyMama: Board Mother and my soul sister
    2) Harbourboy: The personification of common sense (except when it comes to statistics.) :p
    3) Splunge: My 'little' brother
    4) Arabwel: She types worse than I do and knows funny jokes.
    5) Kitrax: Knows how to tell a good story
    6) Gnarfflinger: Knows how to push my buttons
    and I even agree with him sometimes.
    7) Felinoid: Loves cats and has interesting RP characters
    8) Elwithral Irenicus : My friend and fellow RPer
    9) Scott: Great Game Master
    10) kuemper: Knows more about game playing than I do.
    11) Chevy: I don't always understand his posts and when I do (or think I do) I don't always agree but I find them interesting and stimulating.

And at least a dozen more that keep me coming here when I should be doing something else.

Edit: The list was in no particular order. All are my favorites each in their own way.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Im blushing! ;)

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

In alphabetical order:

1) Arabwel: Gotta love the 'tude :p
    2) Benan: Great RPer
    3) chevalier: Wouldn't have said so a week ago, but after looking through some of his RBP posts and a little chat we had, I'd say he made the list. ;)
    4) Gnarfflinger: My favorite debate opposition
    5) Harbourboy: The perfect Abbot to my Costello ;)
    6) Jaguar: Used to be the King Kitty-Kat :p
    7) Kitrax: You should see him post in the Copper Coronet :lol:
    8) kuemper: We're best buds! :banana:
    9) Magpie: Took an immediate liking to the birdie when I saw him in the BG1 Quote Game
    10) Nakia: I can't help but admire such an intelligent, reasonable woman; plus she's an excellent RPer
    11) Neeraj the Freak Paladin: He's always got a problem I can solve, and the feeling of helping someone is always nice
    12) olimikrig: Great party ideas. I may have to steal some...
    13) Rallymama: While I can't pick out anything specific about Rally's posts, they've all got that warm, homey feeling.
    14) Scot: Starter of the RP revolution! :thumb:
    15) Takara: The most hilarious posts ever in CC history, though he does have an odd fascination with turnips :nuts:
    16) Taluntain: He may not have the most interesting posts as an admin., without him noone else would be able to post here either, so technically he's partially responsible for every post on this board.

[ October 16, 2005, 20:34: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

9. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I made a list but then delted it. I'd have to make my top 50 in no particular order in order to be satisfied with it. I have huge respect for every poster on these boards and it's impossible for me to start rating them. I especially respect all you posters on the alleys sharing your´views about various issues even if I don't allways agree with them. Anyway, you won't be seeing a list from me and you'll just have to live with it. :p

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, I agree with Morgoroth. Too hard to list a top 10 because there are too many (and it changes from day to day, depending on who happens to be being an idiot at the time).

That notwithstanding, thanks anyway to those of you who listed me in their top 10!

11. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I could give you my 10 least favourite, no? :)

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ayee! :doh: Morgoroth and Jaguar!
    Morgoroth, the king of brains and Jaguar, the best trap demolisher in Faerun. Now that makes 13. Then there is ...are ... Oh forget it, Morgoroth's is correct. There are just too many.

And Felinoid now gets a double vote. How one can fool you on the Internet. :heh: Not many people consider me a reasonable, intelligent woman. Some may call me intelligent but few reasonable. Thank you muchly.

13. Felinoid

Keep in mind, y'all, that I've only been on this here site for a single season. A fair number of you have been here for years, and have made all sorts of connections. Don't let the post count fool you; I'm still a nOOb.

@Nakia:
    :o And thank you for the double vote. :hmm: Although me saying someone's reasonable is almost like Ara saying someone's kindly. :roll:

14. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I don't know if I could list a top ten, although I can probably list a few people whose posts I usually enjoy, or who make me think. I'm just not here often enough, and spend nearly all my time in one of the Alleys, to have anything more than a horrendously skewed appreciation for the people here.

EDIT: Screw it, here's an arbitrary list, in no particular order. If you're not on it, so what - I'm just an Aussie jerk anyway.

Chevalier - we frequently don't agree, but I admire his adherence to his principles and his defences of them. A guy who can see past his own perspective, even if that doesn't mean wavering on his.

Darkwolf - again, someone I seldom see eye-to-eye with, but for whom I have the utmost respect. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a person who rants without being able to back it up or prove a point. DW is no such person.

Chandos - articulate, critical, rational and never rabid even when he strongly disagrees with something; even having never met the guy, I really wish there were more people who shared those attributes.

Death Rabbit - again, articulate and never shies away from saying exactly where he stands and why; the guy cracks me up occasionally. I remember thinking he was a jackass after reading a post in the TOB forum - and man, was I wrong!

Harbourboy - yes, he's a New Zealander, and they're the natural enemies of Australians (just like Aussies and English, or Aussies and Tasmanians, or Aussies and other Aussies); HB can always be counted on to be funny, serious, or to inject a dose of realism when a thread needs it. If he'd played Crusader: No Remorse, I'd like him even more!

Barmy Army - the Ashes aside, always entertaining and willing to take the piss or point out the elephant in the room which everyone else is missing.

Aldeth The Foppish Idiot - the first person I can remember arguing with on this forum, undisputed poll king, and another person whose posts I always enjoy.

dmc - for much the same reasons as Chandos, IMO.

Bion - consistently funny, insightful and one of those rare folks who can take the piss and lambast at the same time without coming off as a prick. Must be a Pink Dragon thing...

Beren - if there is one, I guarantee he's the founder of the Jaheira Appreciation Society. Always funny (for the right and wrong reasons, of course!) and helpful when my BG2 goes ape-****.

Honourable mentions for Nakia, Felinoid (so what if you're new?), Spellbound and Rallymama.

EDIT #2: Oh, and ol' man Splunge too!

[ September 14, 2005, 08:11: Message edited by: NonSequitur ]

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Until I make somebody's list, you're all cockmunchers. :cool:

So there.

edit - That's better. :D

[ September 16, 2005, 18:08: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@DR - I like chicken. ;) :p

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ok, I'm going to do mine then, seeing as most of you are being boring sods! :D

Harbourboy - I reckon this guy is the dogs bollocks. He's very grounded and realistic about things. But I mostly like him because he is so honest and genuine. I'd love to meet up when I get around to going NZ. In fact, Gaz my old bud, if I was a shirtlifter... :lol: .

Sarevok - He's straight John Bull all the time, no messing. Always says exactly what he thinks. I like that, and I'd like to think I'm like it to a degree as well. You know where you stand with people like that.

Uytuun - Uytuun is great I reckon. Really friendly, caring and thoughtful. Top lass.

Death Rabbit - Top Yank. I'd love to share a beer with him and chat about stuff. Women and sports mainly! I reckon I could convert you into a cricket fan before long!

Pac man - This guy really loves his football = instantly a top guy. He also seems like a really good guy. Love to share a beer and watch a match ;) .

chevalier - He's a good guy, his hearts in the right place. He could talk for England... or Poland, I should say, but he is a top guy I reckon. Waaay too intelligent for me :lol: but is a good lad to have as a friend.

Viking - Should post more! Whenever he does, what he writes is well worth reading. Into his sports, so is in my good books already.

The Magpie - English. Big cricket fan. Likes his drink. He's like a carbon copy Barmy! This obviously makes him very, very cool. Seriously, he's a good lad.

Master of Nuhn - Seems honest and genuine. Those are two of the most important traits in a person, if you ask me. Seems really friendly and a nice lad to know.

Taluntain - Very fair, but very strict at the same time. He'd make a top class school headmaster if you ask me :lol: .

I think that's 10 already, geez. There are more I'd like to add like Rallymama and NonSequitur and others. Sorry if you're not there, you probably just haven't complimented me enough :lol: .

And what's this about elephants, NonSequitur? :confused: :lol: .

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Aww, thanks BA. You got me. :aww:

I'd sorta resisted playing favourites, but here goes (in no particular order):
    • Nakia - made me welcome when I joined and posted for the very first time... in the AoDA of all places :eek:
    • chev - reasonable, honest, not afraid of expressing his opinions but treats those of others with due respect, even if he's not being shown such. A gentleman and a scholar.
    • HB - The voice of reason. Nothing more to say that's not been said, really, except to salute the newbie thread, which was a great read. Really brought BG2 back to life. And Kiwis rule. You meet a lot of travellers from the southern hemisphere in London, and the NZers are the best of the lot, the friendliest folk in the capital.
    • BA - the life and soul of the sports threads. Unafraid of speaking his mind, and sticks to his guns. Even after Bell went for a pair in the last test. :lol: (It's alright - he just needs another series to settle in!)
    • Fel - entertaining, helpful, and dedicates time to SP in frightening amounts. A relative newbie (even relative to me!), but has contributed much in a short time - financially, too!
    • Jaguar - easy going, jovial sense of humour. Shame he doesn't seem to post as much, or maybe I miss the old smily, bearded Jag avatar...
    • kuemper - One of those "ray of sunshine" types, who always seems cheerful. A recent addition - like Fel - who's made a very positive impact.
    • Ara - teh tyop qeeun! Off the wall & funny like woah :whoa: , she's made the RBPs her own.
    • Uytuun - A good lass, she understands the occasional pains of being a student, and has been there to offer sympathy during my exams/coursework/results stressing periods of recent months.
    • Tal - because without our great lizard overlord enforcing the standards on the boards, all these people may have been drowned out by spamming 1337-speakers. As it is, those undesirables are unheard of here.
    Honourable Mentions:

Arifirh (the post-er formerly known as Rhetorical Question?) for Python-esque stylings, generally, and this post in particular, which was a slice of comedy genius. Loves tea almost as much as I do. But not quite (obviously). :coffee2:

Seayer, for rarely posting, but donating more often than any other SPer. A legend.

Sarevok, for convincing everyone he wore a thong! :lol:

That's all I can think of for now... Hope I didn't forget anyone... :hmm:

19. Felinoid

:aaa: Oh good glaven, I can't believe I forgot Magpie. :doh: Updating...

20. Harbourboy

I still refuse to do a top 10 because that just seems too arbitrary. All I will do is give a list of honourable mentions:

Taluntain - as Paul McCartney says of John, George, and Ringo, without him "we would not be here". Tal is a legend. Enough said.

Sorvo - will always be an SP hero for his presence in the FAI even though he hardly ever posts on the Boards.

chevalier - for always sticking to his principles and never feeling the need to compromise them for short term gains. Has some serious issues with coffee and sleep though. Looking forward to the day he gets married.

Barmy Army - was a complete knob when he was Morsmordre, but seems to have lightened up a bit since changing his name to match the rosy cheeked band of English cricket supporters. Doesn't understand a thing about cricket and rugby but top marks for at least trying.

Rallymama - whenever I think it's hard work looking after one kid, Rally provides the inspiration with how she brings up her three boys. Also, the were-ostrich was pure quality.

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot - one of the few people who I can say seems to make perfect sense in every one of his posts. He doesn't waste time in Random Babbling, preferring to only post when he has something meaningful to say.

Chandos the Red - SP's closet communist who tries to cover his political leanings by pretending to be obsessed with the USA's founding politicians. He can't fool us though, not with the word 'red' right there in his name.

Nakia - for all the sneak attacks in the Copper Coronet and for showing all the kids here that life doesn't end when you turn 20.

Sarevok - for not caring one jot what other people think of his opinions and never bothering to be the least bit politically correct. I suspect he'd be really easy to bait into an argument down in the pub.

Rotku - apart from being a fellow New Zealander, he also coaches a girl's hockey team. I bet there are a few young lads here who would love to help him out with THAT job.

For anyone I haven't mentioned, it's either because I'm too lazy to write any more, or because you're not trying hard enough.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.