1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2010 Xmas - What does everyone have planned or wished for this year?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Munchkin Blender, Nov 29, 2010.

1. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    I don't know if I ever believed in Santa or not, but I know my parent's told us the truth early. The full truth, in all the historical glory. There's a hilarious story in my family about how my brother, shortly before Christmas, when Santa came up in kindergarten. The question was something like, 'Does anyone know who Santa Claus is?' My brother's hand shot up and he said, 'I know! My parents told me all about this. They said Santa's DEAD and he has been for hundreds of years!' ... In the middle of a classroom full of kindergarteners. My parents got a lot of phone calls from other parents after that. It's still funny.

I plan on following my parents' tradition in hopes of a similar result some day. :D

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I have to say kids today are spoiled moreso than when I was a kid and parents said the same thing about my generations and their parents....

As society evolves and becomes more technology advance the next generation will always have more than the previous generation and with information more available than before it is harder to keep the younger generation believing in things that make some holidays special.

I have 6 newphews and none of them believed in Santa since I met them 10 years ago. They were excited about XMass not because of Santa but because of their Nana and Auntie (my wife) who spoiled them. The last 4 or so year both my wife and my mother in-law have grown tired of their family around the holidays. The kids simply do not respect what we adults do for them, the oldest just started understanding that within the past year.

The last few years my wife and my mother in-law have been cutting down on the spending for their family and year after year they continue to say to both, "THAT'S IT?" after opening up their gifts. This year will be a surprise to them as they will only have 1 gift from my me and my wife and 1 from my mother in-law. I guess we are all tired of their unappreciated attitude and their inability to say THANKS!

Growing up poor I didn't get many gifts or toys for XMass from my parents and grandparents. If I did get a gift it was mostly clothes (socks, underwear, etc...) If I did get a toy it was because my mother worked some overtime to buy us that extra gift. I also grew up Catholic and spend most of my holidays going to churhc, hanging out with the family and other within the community. There was not much with gift giving; it was about the family and community and having fun or fighting together.

Now it seems like kids want the most expensive high priced electronic where they can use it locked away in their room or expected hundred gifts from their grandparents and aunts/uncles. What happened to the thought of a gift (one great thoughout gift is better than 100 hundred unthoughtful gifts) and to enjoying the holidays with family.

I know on Christmas I will have the people over at my house or through my kinect that matter to me, my wife and daughter. The people that make a difference in our lives and people we like spending time with. Our parents. If time permits, today I will stop by and see my grandmother, who has been nothing but an inspiration to me throughout my life, to wish her a Merry Christmas.

I just hope my newphews grow up one day and realize how lucky they have had as kids and hopefully start appreciating the holidays for what they are which is spending time with family and friends and reconnecting with family that you rarely see.

I know I'm trying to instill good values in my little girl; having her understand that her mom, dad, grandparents, friends all matter more than any electronic device. I'm trying to give her what she wants but at the same time making sure she get that quality family time together.

I think it is working because she was upset the other day that she didn't get to talk/see her grandfather, my dad, on the kinect. When I sat down and told her she will see him tonight, she got super excited and was happy and has not stopped talking about. I'm to glad to see that she was upset about not talking to her grandfather more so than some thing stupid like playing a game.

I have done enough rabbling. Time to go enjoy the holidays with my family! Good luck to you all and hopefully everyone on here got what they asked Santa for. I know I did and that is a family that loves me and a I family I love.

As far as believing in Santa, I still believe in him. In instill the magic of Christmas through us adults as parents and giver to those who are less fortunate.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Good thing Sinterklaas is still alive *phew*

Last week, I ordered some presents for my parents and my brother through a webshop (a big one, normally their service is okay.) They told me that I would receive them within 3 to 5 days. So far, I only received the one for my mother. I looked at the delivery status for the other presents and it has been upped from 22 December to 30 December. Nice. At least I'll be spending Christmas at home :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.