1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Adventures of Portson

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lantus, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    "A sausage, if you have any, a piece of bread, and some solitude in which to eat them," Milo replied shortly, turning back to his mug. It wasn't long before shift change, and he'd be able to retire to his own bed. With luck, nothing would happen before them. Unfortunately, that kind of luck wasn't ordinary for him.

2. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Claraton wiped his mind of all thought, making sure to remember the order. He hurried into the back room, returning with a cold sausage and some stale bread.

“Be that all today?” he asked. He had begun glancing around the room again. It was roughly 7am and half a dozen new faces had appeared during the boy's trip to the back room.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

David Anderson walked down the gangplank of the harboured ship, yawning after the time at sea. It was approaching dawn and he hadn't slept in several days and his eyes were red and gritty. he sighed as he swung the fiddle case over his shoulder, the hard leather bouncing against the buckler on his back.

He was a tall man, six foot three and broad shouldered but still slim across the waist. As he stepped off of the gangplank, he shifted the broad sword at his side and straightened his blue and green kilt. His dark brown hair was hung down to his grey jacketed shoulder's.

david sighed as he felt the weight of his money pouch. It could have been carried away in a strong wind. He'd have to find work he decided, as a fiddler in one of the many taverns would be best. It was one of his few talents that could make him any money.

He walked around town for several minutes, glancing inside several taverns only to find musicians already playing. He walked on, finding the sign of an inn named "The Idle Sailor", once more, he popped his head inside the door, and finding it without music, went inside.

He approached the bar, looking at the patron's as he did so. "Any work for a musician?" He asked the barkeep.

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Talena stood up she noticed that she was a bit woozy from the wine. "Let him play!" she said to Kar."I wanna hear what this men can do!"

Then she walked over to Claraton and whispered "Is there anything you want to tell me?" "Give me another wine have yourself a beer and tell me."

Then she stared at the old sailer (Simon) and said: "Are you new here?" "I didn't see you before!"

5. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Simon smiled at the woman addressing him and offered a seat. She seemed a bit tipsy, but they were in a tavern, after all. "Please, join me," he invited her, motioning to the serving man (Clar).
    "You could say I'm new here," he said. "My name is Simon Talbot, and I'm a sailor without a ship. Know where I can find one?"

[ January 13, 2005, 01:34: Message edited by: el timtor ]

6. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Jon was about to go for a walk around town when a man entered the inn. He was a mountain of a man with a huge broadsword hanging off his belt, the small leather case, presumably holding a instrutment, made for an almost comical appearance.
    Better off to stay and see if this man will play, besides I shouldn't be leaving the Inn while on the job Jon thought to himself.
    Settling back down in his seat, Jon rested his feet on the seat in front of him, letting out a deep sigh.

7. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Claraton was surprised when the Talena approached him and ask him the question. They did know each other, but never had she wanted to know something like this. Had the earlier conversation attracted more people in the tavern? Clar was about to reply when the new sailor of the inn spoke to them. He and Telena sat down at the table, Claraton bringing a couple of ales and another wine along with him.
    Clar wasn’t quite interested in what the old sailor had to say. The huge man who had just entered the inn was what interested him the most. He saw David speaking with Kar, then both of them went to the far side of the room, setting up a small area for the new man to play. A musician? He looked more like a barbarian Claraton thought.
    He turned back to Simon and Talena, both whom were looking at him.

“Sorry, my mind’s been wandering. I’m Claraton… Claraton, that is all. As for your question, I am no help to you. I would like a ship, but don’t know where one would be…” had he said too much?

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Talena was a bit surprised by the sailors question about the ship. Could it be true was this her chance to be back at sea?

"I do have some money" she said "But It think it's not enough for a ship". "Maybe we must steal one!" she added with a smile.

Then she smiled at Claraton "How about you would you ready for an adventure on the sea?" "By the way the years have gone by, how old are you now?"

9. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Claraton was again, surprised by the question.

“Me? Why, I’m almost twenty years. It indeed has been a long time since we spoke.” The young man replied with a grin, his eyes never leaving the kilted fiddler.

“And if you’ll excuse me…” he stood up and walked across the room, towards David.

“Excuse me, friend. I was wondering if, maybe you’d like to have a drink with me. My name is Claraton. I work here at the tavern. I’m looking for a ship and by the looks of it, that’s how you got here. Savvy?” Claraton said, signaling for a couple of ales.

10. The Kilted Crusader

David smiled at Claraton as he heard the man shout for ales and settled himself down at a table. "Aye," he said to the man, "I came on a ship. She's a fast one as well, my trip was a short one. She goes by the name of The Fair Lady - common enough name for a ship, but that ship wasn't so common." David accepted the ale that was planted before him and took a deep draught from it. "My name is David Anderson, by the way and the ship stay's in the harbour for two more days. I'd watch yourself if you go down there though, as the only bad thing about The Fair lady is it's crew. Cutthroat, Portsmouth bastards." He would have spit on the floor if he hadn't have thought it rude.

David took another long draught from the dark ale, savouring it's heavy taste. "Mind and watch yourself, friend. If you'll excuse me, I have to play for my bed and a few copper's tonight." He smiled and tucked in his chair as he headed back to the small space cleared for him.

Swiftly, he unpacked the fiddle and took off his broadsword and buckler. Placing the fiddle to his chin, he lifted the bow and began a quick, fierce jig to warm his finger's, stamping his foot loudly against the wooden floor as he grew more confident. From several of the patron's. there came a rythmic clapping, in time with David's foot, which kept the beat.

He allowed himself a small smile and continued to play, wondering why Claraton had wanted to know of the ship.

11. el timtor Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Simon narrowed his eyes at Talena's suggestion. "Steal a ship," she said. He hadn't counted on having to do THAT. All these people seemed to be acquainted in some way, so was this a joke they were playing on him, the outlander? Very well, he'd play along.

"Are the boy and Goliath (pointing to Claraton and the big violinist) going to help us, or is it just me and thee?"

12. Steeze Gems: 10/31

Jon was intrigued by the small cluster of people around one table, Jon made his move when the mountain man stood and went to start playing. Walking over to the bar he ordered a round of ale, taking the tray himself he walked over to the table, pulling up a chair Jon lowered the ale on to the table.
    "I see you've got a mite of a group going on here, myself, i'm a little lonely on that table by myself, mind if I join in on this disscusion while enjoying the fine companionship? Or is the talking to private for the likes of me?" Jon said with a grin.
    Taking a flask of ale he gestured for the rest to do the same.

13. el timtor Gems: 13/31

Veteran

"You've brought drinks, so I welcome you. I assume the lady doesn't mind," replied Simon, winking at Talena.

"Quite the gathering we're having here, and the music isn't bad, either.

"Simon Talbot," he said, holding out a hand. "Pleased to meet you, sir..."

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Milo paid more attention to the gathering that was forming than to his greasy, unappetizing meal, but to all outward appearances he was oblivious to anything beyond his plate.

Few in Portson welcome strangers so easily. What do these newcomers have to offer?

15. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Claraton took in the information as David left to begin his playing. The young boy smiled and finished his drink, thinking things over with the pleasant music in the background. He downed his ale, then walked over to the bar.

“How are you holding up, old fella’?” he asked Kar.
    “Not bad so far.” Claraton grinned, then walked back to Simon and Talena. He sat down, grabbed a beer and began to interrupted the conversation.

“I believe the fiddler may be our…” the tavern boy stopped as he noticed the new man at the table. It was the old drunk.

“How do you do?” He asked, holding out his dirty hand, using the other to brush away his long hair from his face.

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

What am I getting into, Neshi thought as she twirled her hair about her finger idly. Now that she let herself think on what she had so spontaneously done earlier in the morning, she wondered whether it was a good idea.
    If I went back now I could probably get off with a beating and extra shifts.
    But no, she wouldn't do that. But maybe, she considered, she should just leave now - out the window, and leave Claraton out of it. She had no right to pull him into her mess, after all.

The prospect of helping around the tavern hardly enthused her, though was better than nothing at all, and probably better for him than getting on the next ship and going where ever it took them. For her, however, leaving town would hold far more prospects. She was a good singer, and could act, even if the few theatres of Portson refused to hire her, there would be others in other towns. She should just go now, and get out before her mistakes effected anyone else but her.

Music started up downstairs, a fiddle, and a thumping beat of feet and clapping hands. Her fingers tapped to the sound on the mask which she had placed beside her, and softly to herself she began to hum along, and put her problems out of her mind.

A man came into the tavern, brawny, having the look of a trained bodyguard, or a refined hitman. His entrance was inconspicuous, sliding in, and going over to speak with another of the patrons, one who had sat there all morning and night, and was by now thoroughly drunk.

The man with who he spoke gestured grandiosely towards the stairs, and he moved towards them, avoiding the bartender's attention neatly, and disappeared to the second level.

"You girl, what are you doing here?"
    Neshi jerked at the hostile voice, her humming ceasing as she turned her attention to the doorway.
    "You should be at work. They've already had to cancel one order for you. Come back, now."
    "No, Jamesh," she said, recalling the man's name from the infrequent times she had heard him talking with one of the others. He had been the bouncer of the brothel, for when one of the patrons got a little too fond of someone they hadn't yet paid for. "I'm not going back. I won't."

He shrugged. "I was told to bring you back, you can tell your boss what you're not going to do, to him," and grabbed her by the wrist. Not roughly, but firmly, and pulled her to her feet.
    "Let me go!" she said, trying to pull away from him to no avail. Her struggling barely slowed his stride as he walked with her through the door and down the stairway.

"Help! Let go! Help!" she cried as they came into the common room, but he took no heed of her, forcing her to stumble along behind him towards the doorway.

17. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Claraton spat out his mouthful of alcohol as the couple entered. Every pair of eyes in the room turned to the stairs. The music stopped and all went quiet. Claraton cursed under his breath. It was happening. If he stood up for his friend, everyone would know what was happening. He knew the people around the room already remembered the young lady. Claraton stood up, and as the words began to come form his mouth, he was silenced by movement at the bar. A man stood up, jumping towards the brute of a man who grasped Neshi. The drunk had obviously had too much to drink and hoped he would be ‘rewarded’ by the young lady was his help. He was never so lucky. The giant simply whacked him aside and began walking calmly across the room towards the door. Clar jumped towards him.

“Who the hell do you think you are?! What are you doing?!” he spat at the towering mountain. Was this a mistake?

18. Steeze Gems: 10/31

Pleased that he had been so easily accepted, Jon shook the hands of the two men that offered them.
    "I hope I don't offend you lady," he said smiling politely. "I've always been one to try and please the ladies." He finished winking at the girl.
    "But I must know the names of my new companions if I am to get anywhere..."

Terthe looked up as the two entered the room, he knew he should do something, as that was his job, but he'd been out of the buisness for years(not to mention the amount of alcohol he'd consumed since then) and this man was possibly twice the size of him... Then the serving boy stood up and started yelling at the man, Jon the recognised the girl as the serving boys friend. Making up his mind Jon stood.
    "Please release the girl, you are obviously attempting to take her against her will, and you are in the presence of a town guard and many men" Jon said icily, looking at the guard who, like himself, looked hesitant to stand up to the giant. When the man didn't respond Jon, throwing all caution to the wind, approached him and grabbed his bicep. The man flexed his bicep forcing Jon's fist apart, when Jon let go the man turned backhanding Jon in the chest, Jon flew back landing on a table, he gained his footing just in time to see the man exit the inn.

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Talena helped Jon back on his feet. "What the hell was all that?" She screamed to Claraton. "Damn Men you killed my wine!" She said to Jon. while she looked at her glass that laid broken on the floor.

Then she looks at Claraton again.

20. The Kilted Crusader

David had already strode from the door, his fiddle lying in it's open case. He saw the large man drag the woman with him down the street and he went after him.

"You!" he shouted after him. "A word." The man stopped and turned, excited by the thought of a challenge. David stood before him, the only man in the inn of a height with him. David didn't wait. His fist flew straight for the man's chin, landing full on with a heavy clack. The man stumbled back under the furious blow, but David stepped in, grabbing the man by the lapels and kneeing him in the groin, whilst he headbutted him visciously.

The man fell back, rolling onto his stomach in near uncosciousness. David kicked him hard in the face and the man went still. David let out a deep breath and wiped his forehead. His fist hurt, as did his head. All of his immense force had gone into those blow but they had been needed to floor such a hard man.

And he had been dangerous, David decided. He would have been able to have taken David down, perhaps even have killed him if David had not acted first. Quickly David looked around for the girl that had been with the other man.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.