1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Adventures of Portson

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lantus, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Claraton was shocked as the drunken man was knocked to the ground. He ran after the tall man as he walked casually towards the door way.

“You bastard!” Clar screamed. He was about to lunge at the man with his sword, when movement the side surprised him.

The tavern boy watching in awe as the fiddler pummeled the intruder. As soon as the man was down and out of ‘it’, Claraton ran to Neshi’s side.

“Are you ok? Was he who I think he was?”

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Yeah ... and yeah," said Neshi from her spot on the ground where she had fallen. "He was the bouncer ... we have to get out of here."
    She looked around nervously, as though expecting an attack at any moment.
    "And I'd like my mask back," she said, at barely a whisper.

3. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Simon was impressed. The first man had felled his first two attackers, but the big fiddle player had taken him down quickly. "There's one to have at your side in a fight," he thought.

He saw Claraton helping the girl to her feet, then turned to Talena and the town guardsman. "It seems there's no end of excitement in this place. I might enjoy it here."

The tavern was settling down after the fracas, so Simon went to the bar for more ale and to invite the big man to join them.

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Milo sighed as he pushed away the remains of his meal and stood, facing David. He could look the newcomer in the eye but was much leaner than the younger man. "I didn't intervene," he said slowly, "because there was nothing for me to do. he was within his rights - or, more correctly, his master's rights - in recovering his missing property. If the girl wanted to change her situation, there are established avenues for her to do so. As it is, now I'm forced to arrest you. Please come along." He gestured for David to proceed him to the door.

5. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Claraton was outraged at the gaurds proposal. He ran ahead of him and David, blocking the door.

"There is no way you are taking him!" Clar spat.

6. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Jon almost fell over again when he heard what the guard said, but then he came to his senses, he knew the laws well and relised the guard had to do it. Walking over over he grabbed Claraton's arm dragging him out of the way apologising for the boys behaviour to the guard as he went.
    "I'm sorry mate, he has to take him, it's his job. There is no use getting yourself arrested or shot over the matter." Jon said, wincing as he saw the rage rising in the boy's eyes.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

"Wait!" cried out Neshi shrilly. "You can't ... you can't arrest him for rescuing me! That's crazy!"

8. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Suddenly, David laughed. Right into the guards face he laughed. Shaking his head, he turned and packed his fiddle away. After he had done this, he threw it over his shoulder and then gathered up his sword and buckler.

"I suppose you will be wanting these." He said to Milo. He shoved them into the leaner man's arms. "I'll follow this idiocy for now." he said, still smiling.

9. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] "And people ask me why I hate cityguards." Talena says to noone in particulary. Then she gets a beer from the bar and hands it to Claraton. "Here have a drink. Everything will be allright."

Then she lookes at Neshi and says: "It seems like you are in a lot of trouble, girl..."

10. Lantus Gems: 11/31

What Claraton did next may have ended his life, but he would not stand around and drink, watching this ‘hero’ be punished. The young boy drew his sword in one hand, his knife in the other as he raced out of the tavern. Milo and David were already at the corner.

“Oi! Pig! He is not yours to take!”

11. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Jon shook his head, as soon as he turned his back the boy was gone. Deciding not to go chasing some kid around he sat down at the bar and ordered an ale.
    "And keep 'em coming..."

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Milo sighed again as Claraton appeared. "His ignorance is to be forgiven," he said, gesturig to David, "since he's a newcomer here, but you, boy, have been here long enough to know better. Surely you realize that the town guard is no less owned by Cornelius Blackamon than is your lady-love? Were he to learn that I've done anything less than protect his legal rights, it would be far more than my livelihood at stake. I've crossed his path once already, and I'd rather not do so again."

Milo had kept on herding David down the street, speaking in a loud tone all the while. Suddenly his voice dropped. "There's an alley just ahead, on our left. If you two were, perhaps, to tackle me into it, we might buy enough time to discuss a proposal I have for the rescue of the young lady while providing me with a reasonable excuse for not bringing you in to the guardhouse."

13. The Kilted Crusader

David seemed slightly shocked at Milo's words, but he tried not to show it. He looked to Claraton, who seemed to be trying to do the same. He gave him a slight nod and then grabbed Milo by the lapels quickly for such a big man, catapulting him several feet into the alleyway.

he rushed in after him and, with Claraton's help, hefted him back to his feet. "What is it you propose?" David whispered, cautious so as not to let anyone else hear.

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

"I think to boy gets him self in trouble again!" Talena says to Jon. "But there was something strange in the way Milo looked." she orders a new wine.

"Maybe things arn't that bad at all"...

15. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "Corneilius Blackamon can be removed from this town. His hold is based on fear - few who have any dealing with him profit from the arrangement as much as Blackamon does. Were he to disappear from Portson, there are good people who would be able to fill the void. Alternatively, if the depths of his scheming were revealed to everyone who he's trodden into the mire, there would be no way he could continue as he has.

"I'm not sure exactly how to bring him down, but I know that the right combination of minds can find a weak spot, and use it to bring him down. A stranger willing to act was the last piece of the puzzle. Are you willing to try?"

16. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Claraton was surprised by Milo’s little speech, although he shouldn’t have been. Today was turning out quite strange, and Claraton liked it. It was a change, he thought. He leaned over, his face close to the guards.

“What do you suggest we could do to help you… and ourselves? What do you mean by the ‘right’ combination of minds?” he was beginning to think his life was turning around, maybe not for the best. While waiting for the man reply, Clar looked out upon the street.

On the other side was the wooden, rotting boardwalk, where a few boats and ships lay dorment. The street was very busy now; the celebrations had begun. Soon the streets would be paved with drunken men and woman alike. By mid day the the Portson parade would be coming by, also run by no more then drunks. It wasn’t the best emblem the town could have; drunks.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Neshi, after a few moments of hesitation looking around for allies, hurried out into the street after them, just in time to see all three go flying into the alleyway. Her look of worry turned to one of horror, and she walked faster down towards where they had gone.

In her haste she failed to see one of many discarded tankards of ale which had been lifted from the tavern, which, having stumbled over, made her move more cautiously. She began to think of the implications of Claraton tackling a city guard and freeing a prisoner...

He'd be hanged, she thought, and broke into a run.

18. The Kilted Crusader

David had no idea what Milo was talking about. All he had done was beaten up a man who was hurting a woman. That was it, and now he was being dragged into a conspiracy to over throw the local council. He sighed. This was not what he expected when he had first came into port. After a few moments he nodded. "Alright, I'll help, but perhaps we had best if we were on our way for now."

19. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Claraton looked at the large man. He was a comforting sight, standing next to him. The young Tavern boy wasn't sure what he was getting into, but he simply nodded.

20. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Simon saw the girl run out into the street and got up to follow. He looked down at Jon and Talena, who had returned to their drinks.

"They all seem to know of a better place to go--what say we follow along?"

He moved toward the door, wondering what he would be getting into.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.