1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Alpha One

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lantus, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I followed Tara and the men down to the living quarters. Right before we got there, I saw a toilet, and went in to do my business. After three weeks in the field, sometimes a clean, flushing toilet and sink with hot running water is closer to heaven than anything else in the world.

2. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Eli was sitting in the living quarters staring at his feet up on the table.

He sighed. He didn't know what he was doing here.

3. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Michael entered the living quarters and threw his bag into his spare bunk room. However,t eh captain kept his weapons on him, entering the main living room. The room was large, with one half a carpeted living area with sofas, a T.V, a large sterio and a dining table. Then, on the other side of the room, was a long bench that surrounded the cooking area. Only one other man was in the room at the moment, and Michael could only assume this was Nathan.

He aproached Eli.

"I'm captain Michael Tara. You Nathan? Schofield sent me to meet you."

4. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Eli was startled at the man.

"Oh, uh," he said, straightening and saluting," No captain, I am Lieutenant Eli Bornut. You are looking for one called Nathan?"

5. Lantus Gems: 11/31

"Yes, Eli. I'm looking for a man named Nathan. The Commander said I'd find him here. You seen him?"

Remembering Schofield's wink and strange look, Michael fingered the trigger on his M4 and his eyes wandered around the room.

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hal followed Captain Tara into the room staying back near the wall. Unless ordered otherwise he intended to stay near the captain. Partly out of curiousity. Afterall they were on board their ship and all should be safe. He was still holding his rifle and had not removed any equipment.

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I think I might have. I know all the names of the others, but there was a shifty one in here earlier. I don't know where he went," he gave a smile," Maybe I can help? I am a master tracker."

8. Lantus Gems: 11/31

"Well."

Tara's eyes darted here and there, as if expecting somehting to explode.

Let it go, he thoughts. The ship's safe.

"Ok, then, Eli. Just out of curiousity, what platoon are you from here on board? Or do you work on the carrier?"

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Oh, I am the lieutenant of Echo One. I was sent to help Alpha One by the Commander. Echo One will be assisting later."

10. Lantus Gems: 11/31

"Assisting in what? Has this Nathan guy briefed you on our mission? Anyhow, it'll be good to have another team with us."

Taking a seat, and grabbing a soda, still armed to the teeth, Michael sat down.

"Relax, Marines. We'll just have to wait for this man to show up."

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I wasn't briefed. I was sent here abruptly. I really don't know what's going on.."

12. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Even though warm, running water flowing over my hands felt wonderful, there is only so long you can wash your hands. I left the toilet and went into the living quarters. Everyone was sitting around, there was a young lietenant sitting on the couch by Captain Tara. I went over to the fridge and took some bread, meat and cheese out. I made myself a large sandwich, roast beef, provolone, dijon mustard, on marbled rye. Then I got a cold beer and sat down at the table. This was even better than flush toilets and hot water.

13. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Eli watched the man enter and make a sandwich. *He looks nice,* Eli thought, *And would make a nice boyfriend probably..* He chuckled at the thought.

"Well Captain Tara, are we going to look now?"

14. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Michael simply nodded.

"You there, Damien." He turned to his Marine.

"Go up to the control tower and find out where this Nathan guy is. Get to it."

15. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Damien looked up,

"Sure thing captain, right away."

He pushed himself off the couch and shuffled out of the room. Damien hummed a tune to himself as he walked up the metal staircase. When he got to the top he stopped, he could hear voices from the room up ahead, from his knowledge of carriers he guessed it to a sort of briefing room. He was shocked as he stood in the doorway, inside were at least ten (looked like a whole squad) armed soldiers, they were crowded around one man who was doing the talking.

"... at every window, make sure no one gets away."

Damien was intrigued,

"uumm... Nathan, we have company."

Damien jumped, the voice came from behind him. The man, in the middle of the group turned around, he grinned when he saw Damien,

"Kill him."

Damien froze as a gun barrell was pressed against the small of his back, his eyes roved around his surroundings, he made his decision. In one swift movement he slid a knife from his shoulder and drove it into the arm of his captor, with a cry he dropped the gun. Damien spun around quickly grabbing his assailant (sp?) and pushing him infront just as a dozen or so rifles blazed to life, the bullets ripped through the man's torso, leaving Damien uninjured, by the time the corpse hit the ground Damien was diving through the door to a small room down the corridor from briefing room. A bathroom. He closed, locked and barricaded the door as quick as he could. He slid out his radio,

"Captain, we've got a situation..."

16. Lantus Gems: 11/31

"Talk to me, Damien. What's going down?" Over the microphone, Michael could here random gunshots from wherever his soldier was.

He already had his M4 up and ready, so Michael headed to the door.

"Move out Marines." Then he turned to Eli.

"You. Interested in coming too. Hostilities have got my man." Michael invited.

17. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

"There's at least a squad of them captain, all armed with Barrett M468 semi-autos. I found them in the bridge, top floor of control tower, at the moment i'm barricaded in a bathroom on the same floor."

Damien paused, he could hear movement just outside the door.

"Hurry sir, I think they're about to try and get in."

18. Scot

I swallowed a bite of my sandwich and put the rest back on my plate, hoping that I would eventually be able to finish it. Was this the important mission that caused us to abort retrieving the vehicles and rescuing the crews: getting me and Alpha One all killed?

I knew that I knew enough secrets for a few powerful people to prefer that I were dead, and I suspected that Alpha One did as well, but which secrets did all of us know, and who was it that had ordered us terminated? If I survived, I would find out and return the favor. Who should I use? Maybe the Corleones? They were good and owed me one. Or the Russian in Chicago? I'd have to think about it.

I got up from the table and unslung my Uzi from underneath my Bedouin robes. Here on ship, its short barrel wouldn't get caught up in the corridors. I looked at Tara, "Any particular plan, or are we going to do the 'Cassidy and Sundance Special'?"

19. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Michael was already charging down the halls, his Marines behind him. As he ran downt eh halls, screaming sailors and civilians ran past, heading tot eh main sleeping quarters. Something big was happening aboard the Star. Something that involved Alpha One.

"We get to the top level of the control tower. Damien's stuck up there. Apparently, a squad of crazed-maniacs just started trying to blow him away. WE get him out, then regroup somewhere and figure out what is to be done. Keep close, MArines, and I want your instincts firey." The captain called over his shoulder, his M4 raised and his eyes keen. He found the stairs leading to level 2 of the control tower. Damien was on 5.

"Let's move."

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hal moved up by his captain. Rifle ready. The squad moved forward like the well-oiled machine it was Fighting in the ship's tight quarters would be tricky. It would be his first fight on shipboard. The words "by land or sea" flashed through his mind.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.