1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Amon-Ra read this

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by TinkyWinky, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

*quivers in abject terror at the thought of Sorcerous Wrath*

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Who has faced the sorcerers wrath?

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Only a select and chosen few....... and thank god I'm not one of them ;)

4. apoxy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] So who else was SO angered when they tie-dyed perfectly good sheets? And then she didn't even put out for Gordo! What a bitch, huh?

I pledge allegiance.....to the united states...of SHELLY, SHELLY! Gordo needs to find some other chick if Lizzie wont put out.

Damn communists.

5. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

hey Amon-Ra, you said

Do you know that you can always download a demo before buying a game??? Almost all of the game have a demo available to try...

6. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Granted, but don't you think that demos would contain a good level, or something like that? Besides, YOU try to find a demo to Rune. (Rune was great, but still, I don't think a demo exists for it).

7. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Almost all og the game have their demo. You have to look a bit on the net. If you are waiting for these company to send their demo by email, you will wait for a while.

Here's some links to a demo of Rune:
    http://www.game-revolution.com/download/pc/action/rune.htm
    http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.asp?game=rune

And yes, most of the demo contain a good level to try the game. Usually, it's the first level of the game, but it always give you a good idea of what the game will be.

And dont forget, the demo have to be good because if it's not, you will not buy the game.

[This message has been edited by Wassup (edited March 21, 2001).]

8. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

OK, just let me say one thing... I know Amon-Ra personally. Do you really think that's going to change Amon-Ra's mind?

9. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] LOL! I've just read this thread for the first time. Very amuzing literature indeed! Luckily you didn't remove it Tal :)

10. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Not to plug a site but, lately I've been checking out www.gamerankings.com before I purchase any game. They collect every review on the net they can find, link you to each one, and give an overall score based on the scores of all the reviews. I try to read the highest review, then the lowest and some of the reviews in the middle. This usually gives me a good idea of what I'd get if I spent my money on the game.

But wherever you get your game reviews, try to read at least one before buying. It'll save both your money and your sanity. Trust me. I wish I'd done that back when "Trespasser" was first released. I still have nasty flashbacks from that game. :(

BTW, I know first hand that playing a good demo doesn't mean the game will be good. I loved the SiN demo, but the actual game didn't even work right until you installed an 80MB patch and even after that none of the levels ever matched the fun of the first.

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bane - You should've seen the stuff I *did* remove! ;)

12. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] :eek:
    Eek, now that sounds scary ;)
    :eek:

13. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I must say that overall gamerankings.com does provide fairly accurate reviews. So do PC Gamer and other PC games. However, when I read the reviews of Alpha Centauri, I was greatly deceived. It said that it was one of the best made games of all time and that it generally kicked ass. It also said that it had a steep learning curve too. But, I figured, what the hell? And bought th game. What a waste of money. The game is impossible to beat. The best I've done is to defeat three empires rivaling my own. Beyond that, was beyond me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.