1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Arcanum questions

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Turambar, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Boring? I never saw anything boring in that game.

Perhaps the ending animations (both) are too short. But then again, I want a game to play and not to watch movies what I already stated as the worst part of Diablo 2.

2. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You're right Extremist, but I think that the first part of story was much stronger than the rest. But it's still a great game, no doubt.

3. Inappropriate Synonym Banned

i think it was dependant on the way you handled the dark elf situation. if you killed the whole of stillwater (which i dead, being chaotic evil) the game is much less interesting then having to play it good and talk to them stupid mages (which i then killed too) i spent more time then id of liked to figuring out how to talk to that idiot pelonius, i eventually went to www.terra-arcanum.com for the walk-through. and that was boring. however if you look at the walk-through every single quest you did affects the possible ending at the end of the game. which was great.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Just a quick spam. The walkthrough on Terra-Arcanum is not complete. Some quests are missing.

But no matter. Soon as I finish with PoR (grrrrrr) I'll take writing of Arcanum by myself. Of course, I count for some additions from Wildfire who found out many interesting things, for example the double-speed of a weapon if it is placed in hands of Raven...

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Hmm... That was probably a bug Extremist. I broke the weapon, and when I repaired it, and gave it back to her, the speed was only 13...

6. Inappropriate Synonym Banned

on a nohter hate note for PoR its suppose to be a 100 hour game if you play the entire dungeon, of course about 50 hours will be spent waiting for your turn to run out. i decided againts playing after the game deprived me of chooosing my own feats spells and skills (the majority of customizablity a player gets)

7. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hey extremist you will never finish a complete walkthrough. Not unless you are nuts. And even then you'll probabaly miss out a few quests. There are too many quests and some are based on you NOT doing another quest, some are based on your intelligence (i had a fighter with 2 and ppl wouldnt talk to an imbecile), your race, and your charisma, among other factors. I have completed the game 4 times, with an elf pure mage, a human pure gunman, a half-ogre pure fighter, a cheated all supreme human, and am currently playing the half-ogre fighter again from scratch cos they released the new patch which allows my strength to reach 24 and i loved playing that guy and wanted to see how the patch changes things and oh im playing it totally real-time this time, no turn based.
    the point is, every time i played, i find new quests. it never ends i tell ya, good luck though.

NOTE: For those who havent downloaded the new NEW patch, go get it. its 1.0.7.4 i think, or something like that. the other one was 1.0.7.0 or something like that.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Ok, let me say something about walktrough making in my vision.

A walkthrough should be based on "unpatched" game. At the end you can add (something like appendix) what is changed within the patch and patch version.
    The point is that when you write a walkthrough of unpatched game, there is a possibility that patches released AFTER you written it change some major things what you should edit then. Now you would just add a new section that describes new things from the patch.
    Also, there is a possibility that even a patch contain bug(s) like it was the case with Arcanum patch 1.0.6.9. (so called "magick bug", for details see Terra-Arcanum boards).

You may disagree with me, but that's the way I'll make walkthroughs.

9. Thalantyr Guest

[​IMG] How to i steal items.

I pick it up and drop it on the hand (lower right) near the Haggle botton. But then the items goes back to the shopkeaper. Do i need skill pionts in pickpocket? or am i doing this wrong?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Though I haven't attempted to steal anything myself, I believe it works via the pickpocket skill, yes. The "hand" button you've been dropping things on is the "use the item" button.

Oh, if you don't know how to pickpocket, you choose the skill from the main interface screen (the key button will bring up the skill window that has pickpocketing on it). you will be given a target cursor to choose who you want to try pickpocketing. It will then give you a screen similar to the bartering screen. All this is from the manual.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited November 17, 2001).]

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

The stealing works EXACTLY the same as it worked in Fallout (but you obviously never played Fallout...*sigh**shrug*).

I stole in Arcanum of course. There are some cases where stealing is one of tactics to solve a quest - without killing people.

So, as BTA said, you set action cursor on stealing, click on the victim, and then you DRAG an item from his inventory to yours. That's all. Regarding your pickpocket points, you'll succeed or you won't.

But be warned - stealing gives your alignment NEGATIVE points. So if you don't want to play evil or neutral, don't steal too much!

12. Thalantyr Guest

[​IMG] Ex, You know i just got Fallout1/2.

Im still in the cave with all the rats in FO1 so i never got the chance to do much

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] cave+rats???

But...but...that's the game start...geez...:rolleyes:

What are you doing still here? Go play it!

14. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Heard something about Sogg beeing more effective without weapons, true?

15. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have a question. How the hell do I get to Caladon?? I have to find Terwilligers book and I know that I should have been able to go there earlier in the game.

The King in Dernholm wont give me the quest to get his daughter back. Im playing an elven fighter/mage. Black Necromancy and the energy school.

Oh and I accidentely lost all my followers on Isle of Despair and have gotten new ones. Vollinger, Lizardman, Chukka and Sebastian (new).

Help me Extremist you are my only hope :D

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If I remember which city Caladon is, you simply board a ship and ask the captain to take you there.

17. spyrondi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello To Everyone

[​IMG] I'M New in that site so as u see i need some sort of help, well am starting first from that. 1-The Reactions Of Magnus & Gar are dislike like many other players, i need to know if anyone knows what the each person need to fill up they reaction to me thanx i'll be in conntact...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.