1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bear vs. elephant

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Felinoid, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

— A cool story, pleasant to be acknowledged by Felinoid, I suppose ... :cool: !
    :lol:

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Elephant. No contest. Maybe if the bear, as stated above, kinda "ambushed" it by jumping from a tree :rolleyes: , the moment it fell off it'd be jelly.

Also, I've read some Hunting Memoirs by Robert Capstick jr. (great stuff, funny too) and the elephants described there are pretty tough. When you hunt elephant you better hope that you hit the heart or brain, because anything else will just piss him off. There've also been cases when Elephants kept going for up to a minute or two on pure mean and adrenaline despite their heart being blown apart by a high-powered rifle. Gives a literal meaning to the expression(s) "too dumb/stubborn to know it's dead" ;)

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Actually, it was a bit from the Simpsons that brought this on. Homer helps a bear get to the wildlife refuge, only for it to be attacked by an elephant. First scene: the elephant is shaking the bear around, holding it around the middle with its trunk. Second scene: the bear is hitting the elephant on the forehead with some sort of club.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    @Cal Yhringlor; Brillant story. Really funny too. Who would've thought that feline were so territorial :lol:

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sorry, law of gross tonnage -- bear is crushed to goo.

I don't believe even lions mess with bull elephants.

6. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@ Ofelix (thanks to you ! :) ), and also to T2Bruno :

:cool:
    Yes, I love cats, OK, ... but it's one again the proof that "law of gross tonnage" of T2Bruno, WITHOUT beeing wrong, is ONLY ONE of ALL the existing factors ! ...

— In fact, blind materialism near-always lose against all more subtle powers (sorry, Bruno, I only show the remainder of the reality). An elephant surprised, out of his territory, in a bad day, ... (and so on !), ... can, of course, run away or even, lose a skirmish in front of a self-confident bear. Even a much more smaller beast can do that, (as in funny cat-versus-bear story above).

• I remember, in this fantasy "Solitary-Adventure" of author J.H. BRENNAN, of that strange joke : an professor of mathematics in the equivalent of Hells, and asks a question to the hero :
    << — If a cat kills a rat in one minute, how many minutes needs the cat to kill 100 000 rats ? Answer immediatly, or else I knock you down with my ruler ! >>
    :lol:
    If the hero is stupid enough to choose "100 000 minutes", the horrid teacher pounces upon him ; but YOU are giving the right reply, the professor gives you an "A", sighs and says : << — 100 000 rats will have, of course, killed the cat much time BEFORE than the cat shall be able to slay them :
    there are not Mathematics, but there is the Life >>.
    :bigeyes:

7. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Too bad that fight wasn't represented on Animal Face-off on Animal Planet. I love that show.

8. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Any other bear then that grotesque stick eating pirate wannabe would have eaten the whole hand, possibly the whole arm.
    the fact is, this faster we choose to make panda kebab, the better. then WHO can get a cooler logo too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.