1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Berakelkin

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by zaknafein, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

*Khazar slowly wheels round to see Feirhanith coming out of the inn*

"Ok fine we will kill the stinking ogres, I need the money anyhow. Where are they? Come on Beinar lets go collect some ogre scalps."

*Beinar replies in a sardonic sort of way.*

"Oh fun master I can't wait."

*Whack*

"Ow what was that for master?"

"You were cheeky do it again and you will never get to go in my pack again."

"Oh please master im so sorry I didn't mean it."

"Yes well come now both of you we must find these ogres."

2. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Drazhar steps to the side as the half elf and his familiar storm out of the tavern, shortly followed by the human muttering a few choice curses under his breath.

'Hmm theres the prospect of a warm tavern, followed by mead and conversation, or the chance to soak myself in ogres blood,'

Drazhar sighs and starts to walk after the two adventurers, keeping a "friendly" distance from them.

[This message has been edited by theholygit (edited March 12, 2002).]

3. Ashila Daergel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

TweesmaI throws a big grin towards Kazar "I like you, you are the only one I ever met who doesn't let people play with him.
    I'll join jou... but how am I supposed to call jou??"
    She looks at him with expectation and strikes her hand throught her long black hair. Then she looks down annoyed
    "Pelz, stay in"
    she adresses to her weasel who was sticking his head out of her cloak
    "Make yourself useful and go back to sleep, I'm buisy."
    She pulls her cloack back into shape and strikes trought her hair again, there is a glitter in her eyes and she sights
    "At least... adventure."

ooc. I'm sorry for not replying for so long, but I was changing internet connection and couldn't get online for a long time.

[This message has been edited by Ashila Daergel (edited March 13, 2002).]

4. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar more than aware that there are currently two people following him along with Beinar and Feirhanith. He turns round slowly and Beinar walks right into him because he is eying up the chickens walking round the small hamlet.

*Whack*
    "Beinar pay attention"

"Yes master i'm so sorry please don't hit me again"

*Whack*
    "I've told you before don't beg"

"Aaah Tweesmai so you have decided to join our fine group, we will be glad to have you. And who might you be kind sir?"

5. zaknafein Guest

ok people, I have something concerning how we fight.I say we should go campain of Kilren style which is you say what you charactor does and I describe what the enemy does and what happens to them

PS: if anyone has a better idea then tell me

PPS:yeah i'm an ettercap!!! :)

[This message has been edited by zaknafein (edited March 17, 2002).]

6. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Drazhar carries on walking until he catches up with the small troupe.
    He arches his eyebrow when he spots the new member of the troupe and smiles at Kazar.

'Ho there, my name is drazhar,' Drazhar bows extravagantly to Kazar, 'and you i presume, are Kazar. I must admit you did handle yourself very well back at the tavern there.'

Drazhar smiles again.

'So there is a nasty rumour around here about ogres, kobolds and the usual,' Drazhar takes a breath and settles his face to a neautral expression.

Drazhar waves at the other members of the troupe.

'Who may these kind people be?' Drazhar scans the small group and his eyes settle on the women for a moment before going back to Kazar again with a questioning glint to them.

7. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar looks at the stranger and decides immediately that he likes him for some reason.

"Ho there, I do hope that you have not come to try your best to run me through for making a fool of the man at the tavern, but I don't really fancy getting blood over my blades today."

Khazar sees that the man is not that sort of person but liked teasing people anyhow.
    Before he could reply Khazar spoke again.

"Sorry friend just teasing, I am Khazar and this is my mephit Beinar, This is Feirhanith my lifelong friend and companion in arms, and this is Tweesmai my new friend. Would you like to join us in our valiant quest to slay ogres and poke kobolds with sharp swords."

Khazar says the last bit in a jokey voice as he now feels very familiar with his new aquaintance.

"Please explain yourself my friend."

Khazar clasps his hand around his new friend as the group walks off through the gap in the mountains.

8. zaknafein Guest

as the group passed the mine a terrified miner ran up to them. "OH please help up! Help us all! Theres a-a-a a huge insect down there." he stammered and pointed to the mine.
    "It killed Jhon and Freddie." The man fell of his knees then whimperes. "P p p please help."

9. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar is slightly surprised by the strangers actions but responds friendly "Ok friend speak your mind we will help you."

Khazar signaled to Feirhanith "Quick Feirhanith help him to his feet and let him have a little water."

10. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Feirhanith reaches down taking whimpering man by the wrists and pulled him up onto his feet. "here take this" he demanded as he handed out his waterskin. "lets go, we might find something mildly entertaining down there. anyway it is our duty!"
    he once again looks to the miner standing there with the waterskin in his hands looking blankly at the entrance to the mine. "you will have to accompany us" he exclaimed, talking to the miner "we need a guide and this could be a way of avenging your friends deaths"
    "come! let us go my comrades before the creature has time to relise that we are hunting it."

11. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Drazhar smiles and nods his head in turn as he is introduced to the half elves friends and his accomplices.

Drazhar startles only a little as the miner comes running out of the entrance to the mines.

Drazhar looks past the whimpering reck and sighs.
    "Excuse me my freind," he asks the miner, "You couldn't describe this ginat insect for us please?"
    The man drains the offered waterskin, and swallows noisily. He croaks out the description of the insect between shaking teeth, and slumps down to the ground again.

Drazhar leans back from the man and whispers to Khazar, "Sounds alot like an Ankheg, what do you think?"
    Drazhar looks over Khazars' shoulder to the dark entrance of the mine and furrows his brow in thought.

After a while Drazhar shrugs and proclaims loudly, "Oh well all the more fun for us then!!!"

[This message has been edited by theholygit (edited April 09, 2002).]

12. zaknafein Guest

the miner staggered to his feet. "No sir! its no ankheg I tell you! Its armour is black as black and its eyes almost drove me insane when I looked into them!

OoC: is that enough of a dead give away for you?

13. Khazar Gems: 6/31

"Well now it seems like you have met an umberhulk if i am not mistaken, good job you didn't stare back he would have turned you insane."

Khazar readys his longbow in his right hand and asks the man...

"So then friend witch way are we to go to be graced with its presence?"

14. zaknafein Guest

"g g go down until the fork in the path then turn right, turn left at the next intersection. its in a roundish cavern. p p please kill it."

15. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] "Hmm, umberhulk eh?" Drazhar looks lost in thought for a moment.
    "I thought this place was infested with ogres and kobolds. Not umberhulks."
    Drazhar smiles, and carries on more joyfully, "Well it has been a time since i have faced an Umberhulk, might be a change from the usual boring hack and slash of kobolds!"
    The platinum haired man looks at Khazar expectedly, "what do you think, a bit too far out of our league?"
    The last line is said with a smile and a hint of sarcasm.

16. Khazar Gems: 6/31

"Hah out of our league haven't heard thatin a long time...(wasn't it that red dragon we fought down in amn?... hmm) yes anyway I think it shouldn't be too much trouble if we close our eyes. Nah can't do that, oh well always liked a good blind fight, I think we need the strongest person at the front that being hmm Feirhanith... then I will go at the back and fire arrows over his shoulder and Drazhar can you flank the beast if you get the chance to, and scout for any friends if it is neccessary and anyone left could you please flank from the oppostie side to Drazhar. If anyone has any other ideas could they take it up with Beinar cos he's a pain and they wil fit right in with him."

Khazar readies his bow likewise do the rest with their chosen weapons, Khazar looks towards Drazhar and realises he may just have a new friend after all.

The party set off to look for the beast...

17. zaknafein Guest

OoC: out of not so general interest, is anyone besides Drazhar,Khazar and Feirhanith still here?

IC: In the first chamber of the mines there were 5 terrified miners running about, Drazhar recognised one as the miner Rallod. Someone from the back of the chamber called out "The adventurers are here! They'll help us!"
    People calmed slightly and started to crowd around the party to get information of what was happening.

18. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Drazhar unsheaths his longsword, and alongside Feirhanith and Khazar, walks through the mines. As they reach the darker portion of the mines, Drazhars' pomel jewel, on the handle of his longsword, glows with a faint blue light that lightens up most of the dark corners.
    The group spans out and assembles themselves as was fit to Khazars' instructions.
    Feirhanith walks forward in front of everyone in the group whilst Khazar notches an arrow into his bow, and stays to the back of the small troupe.
    Drazhar turns his sword so the blade is along his arm, the pommel lighting up the way. As they reach the first chamber there is faint firelight from the torches placed around the walls to give sufficient light to see through the darkness that comes with every cave, mine and dungeon.
    The blue light from Drazhars' pommel jewel fades and goes out when they reach the chamber.
    Drazhar smiles when all the miners rush towards the adventurers.
    The tall man pokes Khazar in the ribs and smiles mockingly, "Heh, looks like our reputation has got past us, eh?" Drazhar laughs and scans the faces of the miners and smiles when he spots the face of Rallod, "ah at least theres someone particulary sane in here, i'll go and say hello."
    Before Drazhar could walk towards the miner three pairs of glowing eyes appear from one of the many tunnels branching off away from the chamber.
    Drazhar points and shouts to his companians, "Ho! Incoming!"

ooc: haven't overstepped my mark here have i Zaknafein? And did you say that this was campagin of Kilren style fighting?

19. zaknafein Guest

OoC: dont worry about it

Ic: From the direction that Drazhar had pointed out a terrified looking kobold hopped out. It screamed something in deciferable before a huge black claw ripped it apart from behind. The miners panicked and one slammed into Khazar, knocking him back. The umberhulk stepped into the area, its eyes causeing the miners to stumble around, further hindering the adventurers eforts. In its pinsers the umberhulk snaped an unforunate miner in two and began to devour him...

[This message has been edited by zaknafein (edited April 12, 2002).]

20. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar takes a step back, a look of extreme annoyance crossing over his face. Drazhar tosses a scrambling miner away from his feet and strides towards one of the torches set in one of the various alcoves along the wall.
    The tall man picks up the torch and smiles before putting it out in a barrel of water. As the light from the torch fades out, Drazhar uses the darkness to disappear along with the shadows.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.