1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Berakelkin

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by zaknafein, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Khazar kicks the miner aside and apologises but pulls the bow to aim at the beast and lets the arrow fly not knowing whether it was good enough to hit.
    In less than a split second the half-elf shoulders his bow and draws his Katanas the blade of one now coursing with fire along its edge and slightly lights up the cavern but not enough to see everything, and he charges into the fray jumping over parts of the miner and kobold.

2. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

ooc: Any sign of Feirhanith? Would be nice to know what he is planning on doing.

ic: Drazhar stalks through the shadows and watches as the Half elf looses an arrow at the giant insect. The arrow splinters of the strong exoskeloton of the bug.
    Drazhar watches in facination as Khazar draws two katanas, both of which look as if they have had alot of magical properties fused with them.
    Drazhar walks through the shadows with ease and stops when he comes behind the hissing overgrown beetle.

3. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

"well that will explain what that cobold says!!" Fierhanith shouts so his friends can hear over the sounds of battle. Drawing his longsword and equiping his shield, Feirhanith casually strides towards the lumbering creature. Slicing across one of the legs to his left, he is caught full on in his brest plate by another leg as the overgrown beetle lashed out in pain. Feirhanith thrown through the air, to come to rest against the cave wall quickly regains his thoughts and staggers to his feet.
    "It is good for us that i am able to speak draconic my friends. The Kobold said something about little big things, he must have meant the umberhulk. But that must mean....."

4. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar watches silently as the warrior, Feirhanith, cleanly cuts off one of insects legs, but winces as he is thrown across the room by a decently placed strike from the bug.
    A glint of metal reflects the torchlight as Drazhars sword is raised. He silently walks out of the shadows and plunges the sword, hilt deep, into the soft part between the giant insect chitaneous armour.
    Before the Bug could react to the attack, Drazhar quickly pulls his sword out and goes for a slashing attack across the insects sunken head.

5. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar runs towards the recoiling beast and feels feirhaniths pain as he is thrown across the cavern but charges the beast in revenge.

Khazar slashes with both his Katanas at the same time concentrating on not being confused.

Khazars slashes both hit home the first cleaving off the right hand claw of the beast.
    The second meets with Drazhars blade at the beasts neck and the joint power of both blows slices through the neck of the beast, separating its head from its shoulders but at the same time takes a three inch piece of Drazhars sword tip off.

6. zaknafein Guest

OoC: at least you were been realistic about the whole thing. i'll finish my post later

IC: the miners scrambled up and many of them congratulated the adventurers for their great job. Rallod went up to Drazhar and said to him. "Hey, friend, I think I can fix that sword of yours, it may come in useful, especially if your gonna head down te see if there are any more of those things. If that is of couse what you are planning."

[This message has been edited by zaknafein (edited April 16, 2002).]

7. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar picks up the beasts head and turns to the miners in the room...

"I was just thinking, can any of you make this into a helmet? I have a friend that might like it."

Khazar calls over Beinar who had been hiding behind an upturned minecart the whole time...

"Beinar hold this."

"Ok master, you did well."

"Thanks."

Khazar sheatches his remaining sword, wiping off the blood at the same time and turns to his companions.

"So where to now then deeper or out to hunt ogres."

Beinar drops the head upon hearing 'deeper' but quickly pick it up again.

"No deeper master Beinar not to happy."

*Whack*

"Ow"

"Beinar shut up it isn't up to you, what says you then?"

Khazar suddenly realises Feirhanith and runs over to help him up.

"You ok friend?"

8. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

"yes, yes. i am ok. it will take more than that to get rid of me!" Feirhanith says with a smile. "we must go deeper into these mines. once the infant ones grow, they will be coming back up here to look for food. but there will be many more of them in the future and will be harder to stop."

"let us go now, i am growing weary of waiting" Feirhanith explores the cavern that they are standing in and makes his calculations. "i choose this way!" with that he was gone into the darkness.

9. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar looks at Feirhaniths fastly retreating back, and then looks at Khazar.
    "So how comes he knows about Umberhulks? And do you think he even knows the way? I mean i'm sure he does, not that i want to insult the big guys prowes at finding his way around...well...caves but I have only just met the guy."
    At Khazars continued silence Drazhar shrgs and walks on to follow Feirhanith.

10. zaknafein Guest

the passage that they chose wound down until it came to a fork in the passage. There was no sound coming from either of them or any light.

11. Khazar Gems: 6/31

"Ok well now we don't know where we're going oh fun, Feirhanith you still here? Hang on guys i'll shed some light on this place to see what we have on offer."

Khazar drew his FIre Katana 'The Angel of Light' and held it out in front of him and waved it a little around them to make some sense of where they were.

"See anything guys? Oh and Beinar get in my pack with the Umberhulk head too, I still want that helmet."

In a tired voice the Mephit replies.

"Yes master"

And he got in his pack and fell asleep almost instantly.

12. zaknafein Guest

with the light from his katana, Khazar saw umberhulk tracks leading from the left fork

13. theholygit Gems: 7/31

"well now a fork in the road," Drazhar stoops and picks up a piece of silver cutlery, "hmm." Drazhar tosses it away and consults with Khazar.
    "What way? Theres umberhulk tracks to the left, but that seems to lead further into the caves, but the right seems to carry on in this level, and there might still be more umberhulks on this level. What to do?" Drazhar asks Khazar imploringly.

14. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar sees the tracks and says to the group...

"We will go left the track seem fairly new, and Feirhanith needs to see battle he is getting withdrawel symptoms."

The group take the left tunnel Khazar up front with his Katana lighting the way, with Feirhanith and Drazhar following...

15. zaknafein Guest

by following the left tunnel they came into a large chamber with up to five bodies (It was hard to tell as many of the bodies were in numerous pieces). There was a umberhulk dug passage that sloped down with no signs of leveling out anytime soon. There was a faint smell of death coming from down there.

16. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

"I smell the smell of a fight. let us go down that passage and kill some of those evil spawn creatures. they have no place on this world."

Feirhanith crossed the room but just before he got to the entrance of the tunnel he noticed a green glow coming from under one of the mangled heaps. he bent down to look closer at it. he moved the remains aside and there under a satchel was an amulet. inside an intricate web of gold was a green gem, the gem glowed brighter as feirhanith moved his hand closer to grasp it. Feirhanith was strangly attracted to the jewelery, he could feel his awareness of his surroundings grow and somehow become more acknowledgable of what he seeked. as his grasp on the amulet tightened the darkness in the room lifted and he could see clearly as if the cavern were illuminated by daylight.

17. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar looks at Feirhanith and wonders about the new amulet, almost being drawn to it's light.

Khazar shakes his head and gets rid of the longing feel for the amulet, and turns to the group...

"Right everybody search around for any armour, jewels, money, weapons or any other valuable materials and we will put them in the middle here and decide on what to do with them.
    *Sigh*
    I will try to bury the bodies under the soil and rocks, but we need whatever you can find, and then we can rest a little."

Khazar sheathes 'The angel of light' and sets about picking up body parts and burying them under rocks and soil as a sign of respect for the fallen miners.

18. zaknafein Guest

There were verry few other items but they did find two daggers, a small bloodstone gem and a bottle of some red liquid as well as some pickaxes and a wheelbarrow.

19. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Drazhar looks around at the members of the group gathering items. Drazhar unsheaths his sword and looks at the broken tip.
    "Bugger!" Drazhar swears outloud.
    Khazar turns around to look at Drazhar, "Whats wrong?" Khazar asks,
    "My sword, as you can see, is broken,"
    "Yes that it appears to be, but we pointed that out back at the chamber where the umberhulk where,"
    "I know, but i've had this sword for a long time. Many a time has it saved me from danger." At Khazars' unprehending expression Drazhar sighs and says, "What where you to do if one of your katanas where to break. It's obvious that they're magical, and probably of some value to you personally, so you wouldn't want to leave it in the care of a simple smithy, now would you?"
    Drazhar looks at the pile of items slowly accumulating in the middle of the chamber
    and his face lightens up as he comes to a conclusions.
    "But, there is a certain smithy in the city of Beregost, i hear tell that he is very good with metal. I will seak him out next time i go through there. Anyway, to the matter at hand, the sword can be used for slashing, and these," Drazhar reaches under his garments and pulls out two leathely long daggers with black blades that shine a dark green,
    "These can be used for stabbing, and if it doesn't kill them straight away then the poison coat will,"
    With that Drazhar smiles and rumages through the dead bodies.

20. Khazar Gems: 6/31

Khazar just finishes covering up the last body or well parts anyway and turns to see the pile of abismal treasures the other two have found and notices the barrow and pick axe.

"You buggers you made me do all of that and didn't even tell me you found the barrow and pick axe."

Khazar sees there faces with looks of astonishment..

And then laughs to himself causing the others to laugh at his misfortune.

"Aaah yes anyway, I think we better take the potion do either of you recognise it at all? you can have the gem if you want (maybe worth something). I'll take the daggers as i've used them before and they can replace the ones I lost in Beregost last month. Take the barrow and pick axe if you want or leave it nearby we may need it if they have a nice hoard."

Khazar waits for their replys but cuts them short...

"Right looks like we're heading that way then."

As he points to the tunnel.

Khazar pulls back the wide arms of his longcoat and sheathes the daggers in two slots cut into his bracers on the underside of his wrists.

He then draws his Katanas with the 'Angel of light' lighting the way starts off down the steep passage after the battle ready Feirhanith.

"Feirhanith is it just me or have you just gained infravision, I my eyes are fine but yours seem a little better. By the way Drazhar i'll pay for the damage to your blade as you seem quite fond of it, no har feeling eh."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.