1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Game Soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Shaman, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Diablo II - adds tongs to the atmosphere

Populous 2 - The Beginning - very relaxing

Heroes of Might and Magic 2- this brings back memories...

Castlevania series

Sonic the Hedgehog series on the Megadrive - again this brings back memories

2. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

HOM&M III 'battle theme' (don't know what it's called) and Spy Hunter theme for C64, don't know if they count as soundtracks though. ;)

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I really loved the soundtracks for Prince of Persia...both Sands of Time and Warrior Within.

Also, Baldurs Gate II with ToB, Icewind Dale II and Neverwinter Nights:HoTU were REALLY cool in that epic sort of way.

4. RuneQuester Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

HoMM 2. Not only for the overall qualify of the compositions but the variety(the operatic theme for the Sorceress' town just complimented the the more somber Necro-town's music and the rest of the themes).

Quake. Can't go wrong with Reznor(though Ministry would have been better).

Warlords III . Probably nostalgia clouding judgement here.

Freedom Force. Some of the best music ever made for ANY game was featured in teh original FF. THe theme song for "Nuclear Winter" is PRCIELESS!

Outlaws. Okay maybe not overly original but what do you expect from an FPS that is set within a Sergio Leone-type "spaghetti Western"?

Might & Magic VII.

And of course the WORST soundtrack awards go to...

Carmageddon 2

and

Road Rash(PC)

Both of these featured inexcusable 'cheese-metal'/butt-rock that was downright painful to sit through.

5. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'll have to second Shrikant's vote for GTA: Vice City - The music was so reminiscent of the era and complimented the gameworld very well.

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Kam - X-Com is a great choice. The music added a lot to the atmosphere. Looking for that last alien with a depleted squad...

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    1. Lucasarts' Outlaws, very good game - totally Spaghetti Western style and the music is very much adding up to the game experience.

2. Icewind Dale, duh

3. The Han Solo music of the NES Star Wars game, which is the reason why I've always played Han Solo in that game :D

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You should check out Crue-ball or any other Electronic Arts game on the megadrive/genesis.

As much as I like some types of heavy metal sub-genres, it does not belong in computer games or in horror movies.

9. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

at this moment I'm listening the song Power Of the Horde, from the enodong credits of WarCraftIII- The Frozen throne. Awesome :D The soundtrack when playing with humans in this game is really good too.

But overall my vote goed to GTA: Vice City

10. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Final Fantasy VII, then Final Fantasy IX, then Baldur's Gate, then Final Fantasy VI, then Metal Gear Solid. Nobuo Uematsu = king.

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I'm another one for Icewind Dale. The score is pretty difficult for anyone to beat.

Also, I like the score from Jedi Outcast (I don't care if it's taken straight from the films :p )

12. Gro'Mul Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I Really liked the soundtrack of Freespace II, it gave the game that "epical" feeling.

Also, the soundtrack of VTM:Bloodlines is one of my favorites (Lacuna Coil anyone?)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.