1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG II - newbie thoughts

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Harbourboy, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I think what Bion is trying to say that Anomen is trying to get some from your PC. Congrats. :thumb:

2. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah, HB, if you squint your eyes real tight, you can imagine that Anomen is the Bill to your Bride...

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, yes, well, I'm already planning how to build my next party around Viconia........

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

I can see it now.

Player *Harbourboy* equips character -Viconia- with object +Cat O' NineTales+

5. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I always thought swirly vortexes looked fun....

Anyway, Anomen used to be a fave character of mine, until i started reading his babble. I take pleasure in killing him in the Coronet these days.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Talking of Anomen, he has now just run off to confront Saerk so we are down to four people again. We also have to decide what to do now:
    - do Aral's quests
    - do Renal's quests
    - go see if it is possible to find Anomen

I think we will have to get Anomen back because he is a good tank, his healing is pretty useful, and as a good party, we've come to rely on Holy Smite quite a bit.

7. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

<snicker>

Oooh boy.

8. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Don't knock holy smite. When you go up in levels it rocks, big time.

EDIT: oh i see now what you meant eric. Nobody tell harbourboy, you spoiler junkies.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nothing new in 2 days? This is a great thread. It almost like playing through the 1st time myself. Since I couldn't stand Anomen I got rid of him fast the 1st time and never ever take him . I'm finding it interesting to follow his career with HB. I hope you got him back.

10. Bion Gems: 21/31

I agree. And this part of the story is particularly fraught: oh no, Sir Anomen has gone off in a fit of blind passion to confront the man who killed his sister, will Arya throw herself at his feet, begging him to stay? She loves him, she loves him not... Kinda like a soap opera, no? ;)

So why hasn't HB updated us in the last two days? Is it that 1) he's building up the suspense until his next post; or 2) he's still busy weighing his RPed conception of Arya as a supercool no-nonsense Tarantino character vs. the amount of time he's spent building Anomen's XP and integrating him into his party tactics?

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Personally my money would be on 3) He has not had the spare time to play in the last couple of days and thus has nothing to report.

12. Bion Gems: 21/31

Spoilsport ;)

13. Harbourboy

Yes, JSBB is correct. Unlike some of you, who seem to somehow have more then 24 hours each day to play games, I, being sadly mortal, sometimes have none. Plus, even when I do play for an hour, this is often taken up with a few reloads as I work out how to get past some bafflingly difficult encounter.

But the weekend is coming up so I may have more to report then, when Anomen's fate may be decided, and perhaps mroe excitingly, Arya edges towards getting her kensai skills back.

14. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Heh, you've inspired me to dust off Arcanum and actually get around to playing the thing.

Great fun to read, this thread!

15. Bion Gems: 21/31

Come now, HB, think of your loyal public!

Like other writers of popular serials, there might be times when you grow weary of recording yet one more adventure, yet one more triumph, one more set of adversities overcome, and when other interests draw your attention, and other obligations require your time. Don't you think there were times when Margery Allingham wanted to forget all about Campion, or Agatha Christie Miss Marple? Conan Doyle was so sick of Sherlock that he chucked him over the falls with his arch-enemy, until public outcry by his loyal readers forced him to write that convoluted sequel where Holmes survived the fall. I'm sure there are days when even Salvatore curses the day he ever thought "boy, it would sure be cool to write about a renegade drow," days when only the thought of his ever-loyal readership (and ever-fattening bank account) sends him back to his word processor.

And so you must consider us, your loyal readership, we who have hung on every word of the saga of the intrepid adventurer Arya Delryn. I have, myself, full confidence that if you do your duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, Arya shall prove herself once again able to defend her Amnish home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. Even though large tracts of Amn and many old and famous Elvish cities have fallen or may fall into the grip of Irenicus and all the odious apparatus of Vampire rule, Arya shall not flag or fail. She shall go on to the end, she shall fight in Athkatla, she shall fight on the Trackless Sea and shores of Brynnlaw, she shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the shadows, she shall defend her Heritage, whatever the cost may be, she shall fight in the dungeons, she shall fight in the Underdark, she shall fight in the fields and in the streets, she shall fight in the Umar Hills; she shall never surrender...

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Aye, HB, having gotten us caught up in Arya's adventures don't leave us hanging. I understand the time problem and how other things can conflict but we await each episode eagerly. You awake in us the memories of that early, happy time when we came virginal to BGII to awake bewildered in theDark & Evil Dungeon. For me it was before I knew about SP and I struggled on alone and oftimes lonely. What fun this is to share with other devotees the adventure.

Remember us as you go about your life and know we are here longing to know what happens.

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In other words - quit your job. Leave your wife and child. Forget about personal hygiene. Just play the damn game!

:p

18. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

A little BG2 wisdom for everyone hanging on HB's next post:

"You do what you can, not always what you want."

No prizes for identifying the source - I think Beren would win hands-down. :)

19. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Now Splunge, if HB did all that then we wouldn't need you around. Though you could do with a shower...

20. Harbourboy

Aaargh. Having decided that Anomen was a valuable, if a little self-involved, member of the party we went to try and help him out at Saerk's house. But he ended up rabbiting on about being too angry to stay with us and has now stormed off just like Jaheira did! How rude. At least he had the decency to leave us all his magical gear (especially the Flail of Ages and Ring of the Ram).

As I find the idea of adventuring without a divine spellcaster to be too much like hard work, we've had to go grovelling back to Viconia to get her to rejoin the team. She has agreed to but Keldorn doesn't seem at all happy about it. Let's hope they can learn to get along.

In the meantime, it's a bit of a pain because we're doing all the Shadow Thieves' dirty work for them and that seems to involve dealing with vampires. At last, Minsc gets to take on his 'favoured enemy' but it would have been nice to have had higher than a level 9 cleric along (Anomen was level 12).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.