1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bored? Depressed? Just plain stupid? Let's hear it!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Last night we had family over and watch the movie "A Knight's Tale".

IMHO it was WONDERFUL!!! :grin:

Okay, the plot was not all that original, but the characters were fun, the action was intense, and the sound-track rocks.

Now ... they just need to incorperate JOUSTING into NWN or something! :D

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I haven't seen that one, is it worth it? Good movie? D&D was not bad but also not great and 1000 dragons in the sky is impossible. I also have to watch Dragonheart still, is that one good too?

3. Silverblade Guest

First, I would never insult an Englishman. English are a great folk with a great sense of humor. The only anoying thing is that typicly British accent which I dislike (probably won't be making lots of friends by saying that). I think you can best speak English with a Irish or Scottish accent.

That brings me to my second point. Heabanger, Dragonheart is a great and I Drago has a great voice (Scottish, Sean Connery just has a great voice). The story is great and although not everybody loves the movie it is sure worth watching.

4. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh dear silverblade!!!
    just your luck that i am the first person to read that little comment. I love the british accent but then i sound like jame s bond so i would (unfortuantly i don't look like him!)

And Knights tale i saw in the cinema.
    All british people like this film. The English kick the French butts!

5. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Knight's Tale wasn't bad, but not great either. I couldn't get too excited over jousting... now swordplay, that would have been much better. Also, the modern soundtrack was in some places cool (the opening scene -- "We Will Rock You") but in some places just wierd (the dance at the ball).

As far as fantasy movies, the only really good one I've ever seen is Willow. I don't recall though if I've watched Dragonheart or not.

EDIT: I noticed in the RC threads that Sir Bel was rooting for the blacksmith chick. Heh; so was I, Bel, so was I.

[This message has been edited by Capstone (edited October 02, 2001).]

6. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Damn Capstone! What is it with you!? I don't recall disagreeing with you once on this board since I registered. :) Well, maybe a little on Shura's stats, but I think they eventually complement. Yes, Willow was a great movie. I've been trying to get a copy of it to add to my collection. :)

I have mixed feelings about A Knights Tale though. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie. I just wouldn't call it great. Dragonheart? Well, definitely better than Knight's Tale (Dina Meyer... aaawwooooo... :love: ).

I can't wait for the LOTR movie. And supposedly, Ang Lee is preparing to do a prequel to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I'd love to see that. :)

And in my younger days, I thought Krull was pretty cool. :grin:

TRON Rules! :)

7. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Hmm, I have always been advised to stay clear of Dragonheart, and the people opinions on films i respect so never seen it.
    A Knights Tale does look very intesting though, so when i get th chance i might see it. But as for other films that would fall under the fantasy category here's a few of my favourites.

Conan the Barbarian and the Destroyer (always thought that the Barbarian was the better of the two, any more opinions?)

Willow, that film is so cool:D

Umm, embarresed to say, but Beastmaster, cos i remember seeing it years ago when i was 4 or something. And besides, it's so bad it's good;)

And the best ever? IMHO it was Excalibur. No other Arthurian legend film can beat it, and even though it's old is still one of the best films i have ever seen. I watched it before i went to see First Knight at the cinema with friends, and held memories of it all the way through that dross. First Knight is definately my contender for worst film ever. Even the sword fights were all CGI, and Gere's acting? BLEURGH!
    Still, for those who haven't seen Excalibur, see it, it's brilliant, and another childhood favourite:)

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Excalibur kicks butt!!!! I love that movie! "If any of you would be a knight, and follow a king, follow me!" Just great! Plus the end when they ride to battle with Carl Orff's Oh Fortuna playing...Gets me fired up!

I am definitely excited about LotR...Every time I watch the new trailer, I get all hyped up! WhooHoo! :grin:

9. sorvo Guest

How about Dark Crystal, you got to love those muppets!

10. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

I think the reason to see Dragonheart was just for the animation. There was no doubt that there was a friggin' dragon on the screen. Wonderful. And it was no sissy worm dragon either, nor one of those bloated Puff-type of dragons. They did a great job.

The acting? ... oy vey.

11. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] It can be my very bad imagination, but every time I see Dragonheart (4 times now, still great) I could swear I do not only hear Sean connery, but can see most of his traits back in the face of the dragon. He's got the same trusty face, just lacking a beard. Imagine a dragon with a beard :1eye:

12. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

That's not your imagination. The animators deliberately took Connery's features and transformed them into a dragon. Kinda cool.

Anyone ever seen the old SNL skit on Connery that's done like a Jeapordy game?

"What is a common household item used for drinking out of?"

"A leather glove!"

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

We're talking about the best fantasy movies ever, and no one has mentioned Conan the Barbarian yet!!!! :cool:

What is the purpose of life?
    "To crush your enemies, to see them flee before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women!"

Okay, Arnold could barely speak English (in the fist 30 minutes of the movie, his only line was "CROM!"), but you've got to get over that. Its a classic.

14. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

ok best fantasy movie i can think of is Legend, with tom cruise as a teenager. :grin:

15. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

i concur legend is 1hour 20mins of pure directing genius. Pity about the woosey story though.

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Legend . . .

The devil looked terrible, and Tom Cruise is hopeless with a sword.

Kit - I hate to disagree, but *GAG* :rolleyes:

17. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

I apologise, i totaly forgot about Legend in my fatigued state when i posted that. Yes it's another good fantasy film, and i mentioned Conan the Barbarian:D.
    So what is best, Conan the Barbarian, or Conan the Destroyer?

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Conan the Barbarian (IMHO) (the teenage girl in the Destroyer was over the top, but still good action).

In a similar vein, there was Red Sonja!

What about the Sword & the Sorcerer or Dragonslayer (the balding guy from Ally McBeal as an apprentice mage killing dragons with a spear! :toofar:)

19. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Legend? What is that?
    Sword & Sorcerer?
    Dragon Slayer?

I think I'll pay a visit to IMBD...

20. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I second Conan the Barbarian :)

"He was bred to the finest stock"

I enjoyed Knight's Tale. Light hearted yet entertaining. Are the rules for jousting used in the movie the correct ones? And what are those lances made out of? I never knew they exploed so easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.