1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

bunnys

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by herf, Nov 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I can't see why anyone would want to hurt a bunny or a cat.

Cats are too cute and fun to play with when their kittens and as they get older, they love to curl up on your lap or lay on your chest when you're watching tv, purring and sending out messages of love.

Rabbits are just as cute! Hopping around, eating grass and wiggling their pink noses! Their soft and are as friendly as cats.

Dogs on the other hand. There's an animal you can kill. You pet one and you suddenly have that dog smell on your hands because they stink so much! They're dirty animals and very loud too when they start barking and simply don't shut it! No wonder so many owners end up dragging their dogs behind the car.

Syl...

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Who should grow up? Me or him?

Yeah i prefer cats so much more to dogs...my aunts dog (which died a few years ago aw bless) licked my eye! Nasty! And they're too big to sit on your lap but with cats you can scoop them in your arms and cuddle them feeling their purr...and they are so cute when they sleep on their backs!

3. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Opinions, Opinions.

I'll take a dog anyday. Don't get me wrong, I like cats and bunnies too, just not as much.

I find that there are alot of cats out there that are just too arrogant. They'd just as soon scratch your hand off than let you pet them. My dog on the other hand is just sooo likeable. He's a beagle, and aside from a little bit of howling (and shedding) :( he is the perfect companion. He never holds grudges, and I do believe he would die for his master. His brain is sometimes controlled by his nose, but otherwise he's a smart animal. If dogs are treated and trained properly, they make outstanding pets. I guess he does smell a bit, but that's what the wash tub is for.

Oh, one last thing. I think anyone who tortures or kills animals is a total loser. People who place annoying characteristics onto innocent animals are basically revealing their own personal limitations. I don't want to sound like a paternal figure, but I think people who are cruel to animals need to grow up, (or get therapy)

4. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I agree.

I love my black lab, I'd take her over any cat. Or bunny. But I've owned all three, and each has there own loveable characteristics.

There was a study done several years ago that proved that most murderers tortured animals when they were kids.

Anywho, I can't believe that we're arguing over pets. Okay, not arguing. Friendly bickering

5. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

But rabbits suck so much. How can you like the little umm, things that looks like a ball of lint that you find under your fridge?

6. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

I have a chocolate lab, and I would agree with you. Never had a cat or a bunny, but wouldn't "kill" them even if I didn't like them.

I wonder if some people are trying to be funny or are just demented...... ;)

7. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

Well, most people who own rabbits like them because they are low maintanence pets. They're generally nice and although they have claws, they rarely use them. If you want a pet that you just want to hold and cuddle, they're ideal. Why do magicians use rabbits instead of cats, pigs, hippopotomi, etc? Because rabbits can hold still for many more hours than any other animal.

Besides, if you don't like your pet rabbit, it could make a tasty dish.

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

No a parrot is something else, especially when they get comfortable enough to sit on your shoulder, nibble your hair and speak to strangers who walk by.

Syl...

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Syl - You really crack me up! All your posts in this thread are priceless...

Now about rabbits - My folks had the most vicious lop-eared rabbit you've ever seen: Try to pet it from the front, it jumps at you shaking its head and trying to bite you; from the rear it lashes out with its strong rear legs and sharp claws!

Absolutely feral and vicious! It STILL makes me laugh...

10. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31

"Is it behind the rabbit?"

"It is the rabbit!"

"You silly sot! You had me so scared I almost soiled my armor!"

Not quite the right quotes but you get the idea!

Mithrilhammer

11. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Well, besides parrots, let me tell you a tale of this talking buggie my grandmother had. Now she lived in Poland and moved to France during WW2, my mom was born and they moved to Canada when she was 3 or so and my grandmother didn't speak english very well.

Anyhow, she had this green, yellow/black buggie that she loved and loved so much. It would sit on her finger, on her shoulder and fly around the house when she let it out. I was about 8 or 9 but I'll never forget that thing.

Why? Because she taught the fucking thing to say polish words. Now if that thing was alive today, I'd kill myself laughing but my grandmother loved this thing. She's 94 now, still lives on her own and my mom tried to get another buggie but it wouldn't talk so my grandmother let it out the window. lol.

That was a pet that was original.

I bought a canary too one year for my mom for mothers day. I was in grade 7 and I bought a male canary because the guy at the pet store said the males sing and a canary's song is very lovely if you've never heard one sing.

Bright yellow, beautiful bird. My mom bought the cage and we set it all up, etc. Come grade 8 I hated the stupid thing. It never, ever sang! All it did was PEEP! PEEP! PEEP! all the time. I used to shoot elastic bands at it from across the kitchen and they'd hit the cage and the stupid thing would fly around, etc.

Thing was so stupid. It would pull out its own feathers grooming itself (I swear, this thing was mental). My mom had to take it to the vet one time because the damn thing pulled out a main feather and it almost bled to death.

I seriously believe it was trying to commit suicide because of me. We had a cat too named Tuffy-ball and when my parents weren't home I'd take the cage down and put it on the floor so the cat could play and have his paws strike the metal cages and shoot elastic bands at it. PEEP! PEEP! Fucking thing never sang.

It finally died one summer when I went for a bike ride downtown. Came back and the thing was dead. 5 years of that shit.

Don't get a canary!

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited December 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited December 18, 2000).]

12. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Cats are the best.

13. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

My black lab can eat your cat.

14. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah? My dad could beat up your dad.

15. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

What about fish?

I have to say that these creatures are more for display than for any real companionship (That is the point of a pet isn't it?)

I have a friend who had this large, silver, torpedo shaped fish that was just plain psycho. If you put food in the tank it would go nuts and start jumping out of the water. I think a couple of times it flew right onto the floor! Even with a cover over the tank it would just ram into the cover, injuring itself in the process. Very weird.

What was the name of that damn fish? Airewana or something like that.

16. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

My black lab could eat that fish.

In any case, I'd have to agree with you. In my dorm here at college, the only pets we're allowed to have are fish. We're not even allowed to have birds, shell-fish, lizards, or bugs. We're not supposed to have coffee makers or microwaves either, but, heh heh.

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Fish are nice... I have a full tank of them. Sure, they're mostly for display, but they have a very good side too. That is, you never get too attached to them so at least you don't miss them if one happens to start swimming belly-up.
    Replace it with a new one and that's it.
    Plus, a well looked-after aquarium is a spelending sight to behold. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep it looking like that, and years of experience to know what are just right conditions in the tank so that it keeps looking great with minimum cleaning and that all the fish stay healthy.

18. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31

Now I must agree with you on the fish subject. Despite my hatrid for rabbits I like fish. I too, have a full tank of them, mainly goldfish. They are easy to take care of. Just feed them once a day and change 20% of the water every month and thats it. Much better than rabbits.

19. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Fish die too easy.

20. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

I guess I find fish and rabbits very non-interactive. They just sort of sit (or float) there and don't do much. I can't say that I even like rabbit as a meal. I tried it when I was visiting in NFLD once, I guess it was OK. That being said, I do enjoy fish to eat, be it freshwater or seafood. Nothing beats fresh fish that you just caught and cleaned, roasted over the fire, mmmmm!

I must admit however that a well thought out aquarium is pretty nice to look at. It's almost like a fine piece of art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.