1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Campaign of Kilren (D&D rules applied)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] ooc interlude:

i'll join too. Never played on these boards before tho. :) So, I create a 3rd ed char with point buy system ?

2. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

"Fair lady?! It has been quite some time since some one has called me that." Leaning over SOB she gives him a quick kiss. "Come lets go to the Inn so that we can better prepare our selves for the road ahead." Walking for some time you come apone a tall building, the Inn. Inside are many people, most in a hangover from the night before in the tarvan. "See that man over their behind the counter?" She motions to a big built guy with a strong arm and a long hard stare. "Thats who we need to get equment from. But the thing is that he doesn't like me after I kind'a trid to take some of his things. Lets say it wasn't pretty in the end when i got cought. Anyways he doesn't know you so your a better person then I for this. Here's 10gp buy me something. No rings!"

"What can I do for ya'll today?" He gives you a long look up and down. "Need weapons, armor, smiple potions and such? I'v got them, no speek up! I cant hear well enough to hear ya'll."

3. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sorry that it's bin so long since I lasttyped. Here goes...

"Ah, yess sir, I need all of the above.I'll be goin' on a journey most soon, and I must say that I am poorly stocked. As you can see I don't have the best of armor,and only a small sword, blasted thing, and no potions whatsoever! Yes, I"m willing to pay, and I want good quality, maybe not the most expensive, but the best in it's price league. Tell me now, old man, how much is some good, old-frashioned armor? For my weapon I'll be looking for an axe, a BATTLEaxe mind ye, maybe a nice oak-made, no maple if ya have it, shield, how about some healing potions of some sort, and...ah yes,a trinket of appretiation for my new ladyfriend,preferably worth about 10 gold pieces. Yes, a long list...can ye 'andle it?"

Hey, did I do that right? I dunno. I don't really understand what you meant by getting something for the girl, so I have no idea. Couls ya maybe clear that up? Hey, keep up the good work! I'm having enuf probs as a player, I can't imaginewhat it's like to be a DM. Ok, talk to ya later.

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] If Invoker is in I am in too. First time I ever stray through RC and I have no idea of the 3rd edition rules. So I just make a plain fighter OK(planning on dualling to cleric? But I might need some help or guidance stats. Equipment prices too.

Crazy Ivania
    Female, Human, fighter. Lawfull good. Str 17, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 7, Wis 18, Cha 16
    (I have used same amount of points as SoB. Just let me know if I should change anything)

Story Line: I was planning to be the female companion of Invoker when he joins in. If I may :lol: :)

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 14, 2001).]

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I'll say that I was getting a little ticked that you haven't posted anything for awile. But I can understand that not ever one can get to their computer every day:) Dont worry about it, it gives m esome time to think of what i'm going to do to you next:evil: Hey dude your doing great for your first time, I really injoy it. You are taking D&D to a whole new level! If I didn't know any better I'd say that you were and expert on dwarves;) Sure I will clear up the thing for the girl. Though you dont know this but I'm telling you now, in the world that my campain takes place in if a girl likes you she gives you an amount of money that she thinks your worth. Most times it's 1 to 3gp but thier have been rare times when they have given men up to 20gp(1200gp for the man if he gets it;)) The amount that you got and jugging from her statis what she gave you was a lot more then she could aford. Usualy the guy will get a small flower or something not worth the mention. But their have been thoughs few that have dug a litter deeper in to his own pocket to get something more for her;) (Just a side note, I'm using alot of smiles today arnt I? Wonder why?) All right last thing before I get to the game. You seem to be my ownly person that plays the others keep saying that they will but never do. So I will be writing in other players controled by me and you'll have some say in what they do. It's about noon in the game. Just letting you know since you only have a week here.

"Ivee got lots of things for you, if you have the right enough of gol peices. Heres a list of what I have." He passes a long list of things to you."If you want REAL dwarven axe's then you'll have to travle west to the Plains of the Fort Wars"

X'na's Inn
    List of Products
    Dagger-1d4 damage-2gp
    Morning Star-1d8 damage-8gp
    Whip-1d2 damage-1gp
    Hand Crossbow-1d4 damage-100gp
    Light Crossbow-1d8 damage-35gp
    Heavy Crossbow-1d10 damage-50gp
    Short Bow-1d6 damage-30gp
    Long Bow-1d8 damage-75gp
    Battleaxe-1d8 damage-10gp
    Warhammer-1d8 damage-12gp
    Short Sword-1d6 damage-10gp
    Long Sword-1d8 damage-15gp
    Leather Armor-+2 to AC-10gp
    Scale Mail Armor-+4 to AC-50gp
    Fire Paper(my own product, starts anstant fire by friping the paper)-1d6 damage(if your cought in its blast)-3gp
    ~Potions
    Cure Light Wounds-8hp cured-50gp
    ~Beer
    Black's Thickness-2gp
    Thick as Bark-5gp
    Tastless Wine-15gp
    Golden Dragon-57gp

"I sudjects that you buy this Ring of Animal Freindship for your lady friend." He puts a green ring in frount of you. "Your lady friend would like this a lot."

Nobleman I havn't heard from Invoker for awile. Dont worry about the rules and such, I know them and follow them but make execptions where their are ok by me;) If you are going to play right now your some where in the the Inn.

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited October 14, 2001).]

6. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

I am sooooooooo sorry for not typing for so long! U were right tho, i haven't been able to getr to the computor for a while. (That's provable cuz I'm still a watcher) Ok, I've got a questioon: how long is it from the town to Fort wars? I'd like to go there to get a dwarven axe, but did you put them in a far off place just so i didn't get one right away, likie a challenge? Well, if it's less than a week away, i want shadow to take the adventure and get an axe or two. What ever you want, oh great DM. HEEHEE.

"Well, my good sir, Let me see." He scrolls down the rather lushous list, nodding at certain points. "Let's begin...I'd like:
    1 dagger for 2 gps
    1 morning star for 8 gps...better be a goodun
    1 warhammer for 12 gps
    1 set of leather armor for 10 gps
    and 2 thick as barks for 10 gps...
    now, so long as you don't jip me, the total should come to, yes, uh huh, ah, 32 gps. Can you manage? Oh, and I'll purchase that ring you spoke of, as long as you tell me what it is. Surely it's not a normal ring with a name like that? Well, you fetch those items, the ring too please, and I'll collect the owed amount."

How was that? First time buying stuff, so it was new! Uh, well, I guess that's it for now. I'll type more often now.

[This message has been edited by Shadow of Blackwater (edited October 24, 2001).]

7. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] HAHA! Your back! ::Does a little dance:: I'm glad you finaly decided to return,I was getting a little worried that you died already and not even past a watcher yet. Ok I want you to start somethint for me ever time that your done with a post I want you to put down all you party members and the items that they have on them. You can carry an unlimited amout of items. Now that your starting to use items and spells and things like that I'm going to tell you a few things and give you some examples of how it works, K? Good!

First of all the List(thats what I'm going to call the thing were you tell me who all is in you party and what items that they have) should look something like this:

SOB:
    XP: 0
    GP: TBD
    Items:
    1 dagger
    1 morning star
    1 warhammer
    1 set of leather armor

Ta-Na:
    XP: TBD
    GP: NONE
    Items:
    1 dagger

Kin:
    XP: TBD
    GP: TBD
    Items:
    Plat Mail
    Long Sword

That should get you started. The TBD things you'll find out in time so dont worry about that. But once you know someones XP then they well stay with you loyaly till you day bye or death do you part.

Ok Moving on. XP or experience points. I'v provied a table for you so you know when your about to level up. I'm using a Rogue table because thats were the Theif falls under.
    Level\XP need
    2\1,000
    3\3,000
    4\6,000
    5\10,000
    6\15,000
    7\21,000
    8\28,000
    9\36,000
    10\45,000
    11\55,000
    12\66,000
    13\78,000
    14\91,000
    15\105,000
    16\120,000
    17\136,000
    18\153,000
    19\171,000
    20\190,000

For each level you gain you also get extra attack damage. Numbers after a slash indicate additional damage, ex: +12/+7/+3 means that you get three attacks per round and add that to the attack of you damage.
    Level\Attack Damage
    1\+0
    2\+1
    3\+2
    4\+3
    5\+3
    6\+4
    7\+5
    8\+6/+1
    9\+6/+1
    10\+7/+2
    11\+8/+3
    12\+9/+4
    13\+9/+4
    14\+10/+5
    15\+11/+6/+1
    16\+12/+7/+2
    17\+12/+7/+2
    18\+13/+8/+3
    19\+14/+9/+4
    20\+15/+10/+5

Ok, while we're on the subject of attacks heres how you attack.
    1. I the DM will tell you that your being attacked. Then I will end the post.
    2. You will then pick a weapon to fight with for the rest of the fight. If you want to change weapons or use an item during a battle you'll have to tell me.
    3. I'll tell you what the monsters did while and during the attack round. I'll also give you a list of who has taken damage and how much.
    4. We keep doing this intell you eather kill of every one or decied to run. You dont lose and thing if you run so dont worry about it if you do. Some times this is the only choce.

Ok thats it if you have any questions just ask.

"What are you tring to pull!? The cost of these items come to 42gp! What do you thing that I am?! A Gobo?! heack no! No pay up the real amount or I might be forced to call the guards. Now about the ring, it lets the lady talk with animals, to bad it doen't work on males. Well if you want it its 200gp. Clearly that will insure you that your lady friend over their will stay with you for many years."

The Fort Wars are only a days walk.

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited October 25, 2001).]

8. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

Uh, I'm a little confused, but I think that I'll get it once something happens, I mite just be a little slow. So by the time I get to level 8 I have to hits in a turn, right? And then when I reach 15 I get 3 hits in a turn, right? I think I'll get it pretty quick. I also don't get step 3 above. Could you just try to re-explain it please? I'm not even gunna try to explain just what I don't get, so u just do the best job possible. OOPS! Sorry bout the addition problem...ur right, it is 42 gps...SORRY! lol So DM, is it alright if I have shadow walk a day to Fort Wars? I'd like to get him at least one axe, but this way I alone, without Kin or Ta-na, can practice in a fight, if you know what I mean...sorry if I'm invading on Dm territory...I just wanna get good before I set out with Kin and Ta-na. Oh, and one more thing 4 now...Do you, as a person, not a Dm, think I should actually buy This ring for her? How much is a dwarf axe...in other words will i have enuf gps for the ring, the items, and an axe? Just lemme know. Uh, I thinkthat;s it.

"Oh, ohhoho, my mistake my good man! You were right, you were right! So it is 42! I'm sorry good man! Now, here's my 42 gold pieces, and you just let me think about that ring,eh?"

Now's the time that you tell me if I'll have enuf gps 4 everything, and by that I mean if I can afford it AND have alot extra. Sure, I can subtract, but it's a matter of opinion...will I be financially ok in this DnD world with what I have left...know wut I mean? Thanks.

9. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Ok here i go explaing the steps again. I was typing fast because I had to go eat dinner. The wife hates it when I'm on the computer for long hours, LOL! Well here I go...
    1. I will tell you that you are being attacked.
    2. You will tell me what weapon you want to use to fight with.
    3. You eather chose to fight or run at the beging of every turn.
    4. I will role your damage to the monsters that you are fighting.
    5. At the end of my post I will tell you how much damage was done if any to anything.
    6. We start over untill all enimies are dead.
    Got that? I hope so. My opion on the ring thing is that you should go for it. It is a good by(it's real price is alot more then what I'm giving it to you for) though it only works on females it could help you later traking down people and gathering info. My sapierer intelengce says that you should by it;) I do think it would be a good side adventure to go to the Plains of the Fort Wars. It will give you some thing to do while you wait out the week instade of getting drunk and getting in to shit that you need not:) You are right on the part of how many times you can attack some one at different levels. One thing that your wrong at though is getting thier fast. It does take some time, I'll give you XP awards for deads done well, anywere from 300 to 50,000.
    And it veries form the different levels that you are at. The one thing that you must remember is that YOU can do what ever you want just like in real life. You have many choices so dont be afraid to say that you want to go some were else. About you gold peices heres how i goes. You started with 500gp +the 100gp that Kin gave you + 10 that Ta-Na gave you = 610gp - 42 what you bought = 568gp You deffently have enough for that ring plus the other things that you want. You really want that waraxe dont you? Dude dont worry about running out of gp's. I try to keep my players well stocked with gp's unless they decide to go on a drinking bing. It's the items that I put before you is what will be the things to think about. Every item thats not normal(normal is a weapon armor and potions, ect.) has some deeper meaning. If you can think of the way it was ment to be used you will be very good off. Back to the Fort Wars again, you'll be back in time to leave to the dark hills as long as you dont spend alot of time their you'll be able to get their and back fairly quickly.

"Thats what they all say." He says under his breath, "they look but never buy."

10. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

Ok, I think I get it now.

"You know what, sonny? I will indeed buy that ring for 200 gps. Here you are." He gives all his dues, and recieves the ring. "Say, can you tell me the best way to Fort Wars? Oh, and I need a favor for 10 more gold pieces...could you give this mesage to a draconian named Kin?" The message reads:

HELLO, KIN, HOW GOES THE DAY? SAY, I FOUND A WOMAN MAGE BY THE NAME OF TA-NA, AND SHE AND I ARE GOING TO FORT WARS TO GET MY AXE I WANT. I SHALL RETURN IN BY THE MORROW'S EVE, AND NO WORRIES SHOULD BE MADE BY YOU. GOOD TIDINGS BE BROUGHT TO YOU, AND DRINK WELL.

The dwarf gave him this extra 10 and the letter, and waited to recieve his items purchased.

11. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

A scrony little Halfling comes out from behind the counter. He's carring all your stuff to you. He drops it in frount of you. "He...here y...you g...go." Then runs back behind the counter.
    "I'll give the mesage to him with in the hour."

SOB turns and walks to Ta-Na. "Did you get every thing that you wanted?" She looks like someting very troubling has just come over her.

12. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

"Yes I did, lady, but I must ask more importantly, What is the matter? You look troubled."

13. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

"It is nothing." Seeing the worry in SOB eyes se goes on, "Do not worry it tis nothing that concerns yourself." Wipping the worrness off her face, "What know?"

14. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

"WEll, if you say so...AS I was talking with the deskman, I bought my items, and I bought this:"
    HE hands the ring to her.
    "The manling said I should by you some dresses, or a bonnet, but I thought that I should buy you something a tick more exotic...so here is the Ring of Animal Friendship, which allows you to talk with the animals of the wild, as well as mystical creatures. Well, there you are! Now, he aalso said that Fort Wars is a days walk from here, and there I want to buy a dwarven axe or two. Now at fisrt I was going to invite you to join me, but I thought, and discovered that I need a favor from you that involves you staying back....Are you up to it? Oh, and what do you think about the ring?"

15. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Her face lights up a million times over! "Thank you! I will stay with you till the end. You are the camander of this party so if you want me to stay then I shall. It will give me some time to gather my things and then I'll be ready when you come back." She walks off.

SOB what are you going to do next?

16. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

He stops her from runnning away in her excitement...

"Dear lady, I think you must have missed part of my talk, no worries, though. I need you to do a favor that involves you to stay here in town until I return on the morrow's eve. I need you to go to the house I tried to steal from, then to the house on it's left hand, and look and try to find a glass jar in the back that I saw when I was around there. Then whence you find it, reach inside, and say the words
    A OR DURAS A ZON GRONIT DAL,
    and you should recieve a trinnket or two. I need whatever you recieve, as long as it is a necklace or like piece of small metal. Do you understand? I am leaving for Fort wars right now, so as I can be back by tomorrow night. Farewell, lady, I shall see thee soon."

17. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Ok now you get to learn something new! You now control Na-Ta or what ever. To do this all you have to do is write a speret pagraph of what shes doing. The only thing I will still control for her will be what spells that she learns and some other things. Heres what she knows and has. If you want to know what something means just ask. You wont be able to control her yet intell you tell me what that mombo jombo means too.

Ta-Na
    XP: 0
    GP: None
    Items:
    1 Quarterstaff
    Spells:
    Summon familiar
    Ray or Frost
    Light
    Open/Close
    Animate Rope

Intell you tell me what that stuff means their I wont be able to tell you what happens:0

18. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

Hey, uh, quite frankly I have no idea as to what you are talking about when you say "you can't control her until you tell me what this stuff/ mombo jombo means"... sorry, but once again I need a small explanation. I'll get it soon, but for this specific post I won't do anything with Ta-na, then in the next one i'lkl do it double time if ya know wut I meen. OK, thanks for Ta-na, i think. :) Here goes.

Shadow, alredy knowing the road to get to Fort Wars quickest, sets out for his favored and desired (hopefully runed) battle axe.He tells the gatekeeper to remember his face, so he'll let him in the village at night without the fear of an interrogation, and walks out without a hitch. HE walks, and by midday he starts to notice how quiet the open field is near him along the road. He certainly hoped that the highwaymen were asllep right about now! He started to wistle a small dwarven mining tune....

Ok, when I say SHADOW doesn't want to meet highwaymen(robbers) I don't mean that I don't want him to, if you catch my drift. Ok, sorry about Ta--na, but I'll figure it out soon.

19. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

We'll work on Ta-Na some other time. For now we'll stay on SOB.

As SOB walks on in the distance he see's a shadow move across the path.(Its night now)

20. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

"Who goes there?" he yells into the darkness. He checks his armor to make sure it fits rite, and then PULLS OUT HIS WARHAMMER. He is prepared. More shadows in the darkness...something's not rite.

Alrite DM, bring it on my friend!

Oh man! This is the third time I've edited! But this on'e the most important! Ok, I'm so excited! My older sister saw me typing on this website, and she asked to read it, so she did, I asked if she wants to join and she said she'll take control ofTa-Na!!!!! She sais "She's a sexy seductress just like me" Dude, SHE'S GUNNA PLAY!!!! One thing, she knows as muchof DND as I do, so u'll have to be lenient with her, just like me. She's really excited aboutusing magic too! TEll me wut you think of the idea. BTW: I'll be able to help her too. See ya.

[This message has been edited by Shadow of Blackwater (edited November 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Shadow of Blackwater (edited November 03, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.