1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Campaign of Kilren (D&D rules applied)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Sep 25, 2001.

1. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

SWEET! Another player is always great! Ok for your sisters benifite I'm going to tell you how to to join post ect. (incase you forgot:))

TO POST:
    When you start up most pages look in the top right handside. Now look under PostNewTopic, dont click on it! But under it is says register. Read the stuff and agree. Then you'll need to make a User Name, be caritive, this is a place were we like to see lots of it. DO put in your real e-mail address so that you can get your pasword. After words you'll only get one e-mail with your password in it. Write it down and dont forget it! Fill out the rest, all of it or you'll have to start over again.

I have to got to Drivers Ed so I'll finish this up when I get home:) Dont post anything plezz:)

SOB again I need to know what that saying means. After your sister replies once then we'll keep playing.(Mostly I need time to think of whats in the darkness and whats at Fort Wars.)

THE FOLLOWING IS FOR SOB'S SISTER ONLY! IF SOB READS THIS THEN HE MAY FIND THAT MOST OF THE ADVENTURING HAS GOING OUT OF HIS BODY. TO SOB'S SISTER ONLY!
    This is you:
    (One big thing to remember is that just like real life you can do anything you want in this. EX: You want to suduce a man you can.)
    ~Ta-Na(You can change your name if you want.)
    ~XP: 0(XP is the amount of experence points that you have. You can get XP from a number of things like suducing a man, killing anyone(Though you can kill any one and get their XP it could be bad, kill the wrong person the whole world is after you and the bounty on you head.)
    ~GP: 0(GP is smply short for gold peices. You can buy many things with them too.)
    ~Items:
    (This is were I'll keep track of all your items for you. As of now you oly have two Items. A word of advice, dont but armor. Wizards cant use spells if they have armor on.)
    1 Quarterstaff: A smiple weapon. Use to bash people or monsters on the head and its also used in some spells.
    1 Ring of Animal Friendship: Only useably by females. Allows the wearer to talk with any animal or being of nature.
    ~Spells:
    (Spells are your best friend. You can not only use them for hurting enemies but you can use your ray of frost to frezz lock and then break the lock more easily;) One thing that you'll notice if your a D&D fan is that spells cn only be used once per day. This would be very compluctated on the boards. So thats why I'm alowing you to use any spell as much as you want.)
    Summon Monster: You can summon one of the following monsters. If you have means of talking to them you can tell them to attack an enemy or do something else.(This is were the Ring comes in handy.)
    Ray of Frost: This is more attacking then anything. It deals 1d4 damage to who every you point it at.
    Light: You must cast this on an object such as your Quarterstaff. The ligth last intell it's own light is matched by some other light.(If you were to walk in to a room with more light then your Light spell gives off then the Light spell would go away.)
    Open/Close: This allows you to open or close anything you desier. But you cant open a chest that has a lock on it or a door that that has a bar on it. Their is a way around this though! EX: Thiers a locked chest in frount of you. You can't open the chest but you can open the lock the lift the chest lid with your hands.
    Animate Rope: This allows you to make a rope do any thing that you want! Want it to tie it's self on to a wall so that you can scale it? Done!
    Ok thats it for the basic's. Here's somthing that only you and me know,I the DM(DungenMaster know every thing that goes on in this game), Ta-Na has a bad secret she is hidding. She has curse that can not be removed. On every full Blue Moon she turns into a SLAAD(I'll give you info on this later). When she becomes a Slaad she is unable to control what she does. She knows but is unable to control it. She has heard of a cure but has no idea were to find it. Thats why she's joined up with SOB in hopes to find it. If you read back she gets a little depressed right before SOB gives her the ring. She was remembering that theirs a Blue Moon in two weeks.

Ok thats all that I can think of to tell you. If you have any questions then you can ask me right here.

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited November 04, 2001).]

2. ooc: Hey, what happened to this thread? Where's the replies? I'd like to join if there's space...

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Now I am sure I want to join. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I have been following this and you're a great DM. I would never dream about messing with your thread, ever. So what about my stats in my previous post. Are they ok. Just tell me if they should be modified. Will you help on the 3rd edition rules? I still know nothing about them. We buy equipment on our adventure? that is cool. Roleplaying all the way.

4. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Nobleman and RythmicBarbarian:I'm always happy to have new people join:) If you have read the past posts you will see how the story line is falling out so far. Dont worry at all if you dont know the 3rd edition rules. They are kinda complacated but since I have 2 newbes playing I explain as we go. And if you happen to read my past post you can see that they are quite long and most times have many spelling misstakes. I say sorry ahead of time, feel free to corect them if it pleases you. I'm typing on the fly most days or late at night.
    Anyways Nobleman if you still want your char. that you put up eirlier here he is.

Crazy Ivania:
    Female, Human, fighter, lawfull Good (I like.)
    Str17, Dex18, Con8, Int7, Wis18, Cha16 (These I use mostly when your char. is sick, taking down a door, ect. Other wise you'll have no use for them.)

Crazy Ivania or CI for short:
    XP: 0
    GP: 500(This is what I had every one start out with.)
    Items:
    At this point you have none so your going to have to go buy some stuff from the shop keeper.)

RythmicBarbarian all I need from you is your Class, Race, Sex, Alinment. I'll get your SWEET staits after that. I dont like people with suxy staits so I like to give people, elvs, ect. more then they deserve.

Ok This is for RythmicBarbarian & Nobleman & SOB's Sister: Just some simple rules. I am DM and love to put my story ideas into this campain. My word is law. The number one law is that you can do any thing that you want in this game. If you want to use your dagger to open a door for what every reasion, so be it. I dont follow the rules to the line. I let you have as much leway as I can give you. The only thing that I wont stand is if you try to kill a fellow RPGer. This could summon a very bad monster I like to call the Walking Plage(Yes at some point you will come across this). I post when every some on eelse does so that I dont have to write one long one every time, which is most likely what is going to happen :p Another rule is that like in real life you write the story with every step that you take. Much like crossing the road in heavy triffic and walking down a hall way, you never know when the car or arrow will strick you. So I am not the only one writing the story, you are too.

Ok I think I got that out of myself. The next step is yours, brave player. :evil:

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] OoC: fair enough. Thx for letting me in. I still hope that CI can be the female companion of Invoker's PC. anyway She is in the inn you said.. I imagine CI as a russian female lookalike (dark hair, sharp and strong features). Her voice is like Jaheira's from BG series. She is tall and nimble like an atlete. She is not the smartest girl (7 int) but she is very decisive and resolute(16 wisdom). She tries to get everyone on a straight course on her own impetuous way(Lawfull good). You said we were all raised and lived in this town, so I presume I know who SoB is. :)

IoC: "hmmm" "I wonder what that Dragonian and the cunning little Dwarf were up to this night" "I better go and find out before my friend comes back" I smell trouble with that dragon. "I hope he hasn't lured the little berk into trouble." "It's almost a fulltime occupation to keep him on a straight line for goodness... as always.. *Sigh*.. The Drunk to whom CI had been talking dropped down on the table from his last beer. "Ok I'll go and talk with the priest at the temple then" CI drops 5 goldpieces at the bar, "This should cover the expenses for that patron I've been talking to over there." She walks out the inn, and towards the temple.

OoC: Her intention is to see if the priests of the temple have any idea of who this stranger (the Draconian) is. Then she would like to find the dwarven bloke. Just to keep an eye on his doings.

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Ok I'm starting something new so I can keep every one strait. If I'm talking to every one I'm going to write "Everyone:", if I'm talking to just one person then I'm going to write "SOB" for ex.

Nobleman: The temple lomes above you with a tallness that you have yet seen surpassed. Iklra, the temple high guard walks down the steps towards you. "Suprised to see me out side of the temple?" he gives off a loud booming laugh that seems to come from evey place at once. "You want to know what that Draconian is doing here right?" Seeing in to CI's eyes that he's right a smile opens wide on his face. "Well I'll tell you what I know. Draconian's are a very hard race to read. Their minds I mean. Well he's here to gather people to protect his caravan on the trail over the Darking Hills. He has good intentions of getting to Hallg on the otherside. I trust him, though his idea's might conflict with your own. Listen, i know you want to get going so you can follow SOB. Listen you might want to get some armor and such. I see that in your coming days that you will run in to trouble soon."

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited November 09, 2001).]

7. OoC: Hey, thanks for letting me join in on the fun. You are certainly a great and a very elaborate DM. Since I'm already using my main man in TDDT, I'll use my gurl. Here's the bare necessities.

FEMALE, HALF-ELF, FIGHTER/MAGE, LAWFUL NEUTRAL
    Str: 16, Dex: 13, Con: 14, Int: 18, Wis: 11, Cha: 12.

I'm using the same stats as Nobleman and SOB (now, that ain't nice)

Hope for a quick reply soon, just tell me where I am cause I'm raring to go!

8. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

RythmicBarbarian: Thank you very much for the complment. You do relize that you are able to change your stats around a little?
    If your going to be a fighter/izard I changh your stats to something like this:
    Str:16 Dex:14 Con:14 Int:18 Wis:16 Cha:13
    Thats what I would use for stats. If thoughs are cool with you then just tell me. After your happy with that I'll give you a list of spells to pick from once you give me the finaly word and I'll give you a list of spells that you can pick from.

9. OoC: 91?! Wow, I mean, isn't that a bit much? but hey, you're the DM and I'm not gonna go against you, so I'll take it... *evilgrin* You're using the 3ed rules right? So can I pick the spells myself from the 3ed list or must I pick from yours? Is your list the same as the 3e list? There *is* a LOT of spells for you to post...

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] OoC: heh. I like that templeguard :). Is it ok if I use these signs (¤) when IC is thinking something you should know, and single signs (") when she speaks out loud?

IoC: "Oh but sir, You completely baffled me." "You have always been kind to me, Iklra." "I'll heed your advice... as always.. *gigle*." CI runs of in a way that reveals she is just a young adventurer, not yet a cunning warrior. ¤hmmm the inn.¤ ¤That's most likely were that stubborn Dwarf where heading, if he joined with the Draconian bloke¤. ¤To get weapons and all¤. ¤I'll go there, perhaps I'll stumble into him somewhere around¤. "It won't be too hard with all his DWARVEN YELLING, would it?", CI suddenly educates a surprised begger on her way. The begger, truly surprised at the sudden conversation, stutters a hesitating "no, I uhm gues not". "Thx sir", She puts a goldpiece in his hand. "If you see SoB anywhere please let him know I am looking for him, right?" "I'll be at the inn." "And If you see my male friend Invoker, tell him to get his butt over at the inn, instead of straying around for company...Special company". CI gives the beggar a wink with her one eye and smiles. CI then runs towards the Inn.

OoC; Her intention this time is to find the storekeep of the city. Then try and find SoB to see what scoundrellish stuff he is up to now. :). She has always dreamed of wearing a scale mail, so she wil try and push towards this one as a opening bargain, IF she gets so far :).

OoC; GP: 494 (just correct me if it gets wrong sometimes during our adventure )

-----Edited for Typos-----

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited November 09, 2001).]

11. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi guys (or girls, I shouldn't be so biased...lol) It's excellent to "meet" you. Man, you are pros! Both of you! You, Nobleman, with 1201, and Rhythnmic Barbarian(Elf lover :mad:),with 109! I feel so weak! Ok, enough of that. Um, hey listen, not only am I a newbie, and my sister, but we have some, uh, trouble with getting on the internet every nite, so as dm apoligized beforehand for spelling, I aploigize early for my "rarity" if you know what I mean, dito for my sister. Ok, I just wanna ask, Nobleman is crazy Ivania in this game, a female fighter, right? I got a little confused with all those stats(numbers scare me...lol)and I want to be sure. Uh, Barbarian, I'm going to play shadow as if the war of vengeance was fresh in his mind(dwarves never forget) so he'll have a small thing with you, just for sparks, even tho ur HALF elf. (Can you tell I like dwarves?) If you don't wanna deal with that for fun tho (I think it can, uh, make the game more interesting) then that's kool, just lemme know. Ur the pro anyways! OK, enogh with intros, I'm ready to get typing! Hey guys, take it easy on me, I'm still a newbie!

Shadow Then sees his stalker, and as he first guessed, it was a rogue highwayman, wanting a little "Night tax". "You won't get any of mine, you heathen. Get a job, one that suits a rat suchas yore-self!" Then, they have at it.

DM, Hi, how ya doin? Since we got some more friends to our page, you seem to have forgotten about your good, trusty dwarf!! :mad: Naw, just kidding. Everything's kool. Ok, you MUSSSST remember, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIGHT!!!! So if I'm doing my fite wrong, or too slowly, please let me know, I sure don't wanna be too boring.
    Ok, I type too much guys, I know! But here goes the adventure, right?

12. OoC: Umm.. pro SoB? Hardly man, if you're looking at the post count it's true that I have more than you but I registered later than you, so I'm just a spammer :). I'll be editing this post later to show my spells as soon as DRSW gets back...

13. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] OoC: Hi SoB, we aren't pros anymore than you. The postcount covers all of the forums. This is roleplaying and thats about imagination, roleplaying and having fun! Not at all something that can be measured from our post count. Anyway you don't type too much :). I enjoy reading about your dwarf. For now and the time ahead this story is all part of our lives, so It will be a joy to read more than less. So far you have done well In my opnion. In the future we will see plenty of fights, so I guess it is ok to tempt your destiny in the city where people can help you, just to get the hang of fighting. I am sure this is gonna be an eventfull experience to all of us. :)

PS. I don't know the 3rd edition rules either.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited November 10, 2001).]

14. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

You all know what? I like it that you all dont know that the 3rd edition rules. It gives me more of feel of cotroling the world. One last thing, what does OoC mean? Ok lets start.

Every one listen up! If your char. is thinking something use the sign that Nobleman said. How do you do that anyway?

RythmicBarbarian: I like to prepare every one for what I will put them up against later. Yes if you know the 3ed spells with out me having to type it all out. That will be very helpful.

Nobleman: I'm glad you like him. How every you did that thinking sign thing, I like it. Use it. Your running GP total is 499 unless you gave up more GP then just one to the begger. Correct me if I wrong. But thats what I think it is.

Running into the Inn IC see's a large ulgy man standing around many items. She spots a scale mail. Running up to him she asks, "How much for the scale mail?" He does not even bother to agknolage her presence. He pays no intention to her what so every.

SOB: Hey man hows it going? Long time no see. I think I speak for us all when I say that we're all a little new at this. I've DM'ed alot before but nothing like this. So we're all far from pro's. Ok I'm trying to think of a good way to handly fighing so see the very end of this post to see how to fight.

"HEATHEN! You dare call some one with a bow thee head a HEATHEN! You are a stupid stupid dwarf you are!" The voice seem so be comeing from futher up the hill, but you cant pin point the sorce of the voice.

101 FIGHTING
    Ok here goes my atempt on explaning how to battle. If you cant understand something that I say please ask me! Ok here's how it goes.
    1. If their is going to be a fight I will anouce it. EX: Monster attacking.
    If you are attacking then you tell me that you are.
    2. No matter what you guys get first attack unless the oppoint is suprise attacking you.
    3. Now you say what weapon/spell your attacking with.
    4. Then let the fight start!

Here's a example of how it will look:
    DM: Evil monster jumps out of the trees and rushes to attack you.
    PLAYER: I chose to use my long sword. And attack the monster.
    DM: PLAYER you deal 6 point of damage to the monster. The monster attacks you PLAYER and deals 4 points to you.
    PLAYER: I attack the monster again.
    DM: PLAYER you deal 4 points of damage to the monster, the monster falls down dead. PLAYER you get 100XP and 50GP.

It will take a few post each with just a few words on it but thats how it'll be done.

Ok since your all grew up in the same town I've got to change something. SOB you've never been out side of the town, none of you have for that matter. I dont care how old you all are, you've never left the town. Ok SOB is your sister posting on your name or does she have her own name? If she has her own name mind telling us? Ok that does it for me now I'll post you all later :)

15. OoC: OoC means Out of Character. It's what you write when you want to post something that is not in the story. About the fighting, wouldn't it be better if we set a certain date and time to play on IRC. It'll be more organised.And I want to ask you, does feats, languages and class skills come into play?

Here's my list of spells for my character as of level 1:

ZILCH

Being a Fighter/Mage at level 1 sucks :).

IC(In Character): Lhydia enters the tavern and goes to the barkeep, "Hey barkeep, any jobs for me today?" asks Lhydia to the barkeep. "Aye, yesterday a... um... what do ya call 'em... ah yes, a Draconian came here lookin' for some adventurers to accompany 'im. Mebbe you should be a' lookin' for him now.." says the barkeep. "Maybe I should do that. A draconian eh? Where can I find him?" says Lhydia to which the barkeep replies, "I 'aven't gots any idea to where he is... go look for 'im yerself". The barkeep is certainly too drunk to say anything else. Lhydia exits the tavern and breathes in the fresh air "Aaah... now where can the draconian be."

OoC: Directions please, DM?

[This message has been edited by RythmicBarbarian (edited November 11, 2001).]

16. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

OoC: OK mister DM, you're REALLY confusing me. Uh, I alredy said that Shadow saw the MAN, and they spoke, then they started fighting (I actually said "they had at it"). Now, before any of that, I said he PULLED OUT HIS WARHAMMER, remember? So, unless I once again invaded on DM territory, I tried to get the fight going, cuz, if you remember, we've been trying to do it for a few days. Now, since I basically started fighting, and you accidently took it back quite a few steps, I'm not going to do anything for now. It's probably just a misunderstanding, and I'm going to let you take care of it, since you're the man in charge of the world, as you said. Ok, no biggie though, it just comes down to I'm really confused. Otherwise, this is shaping up to be a pretty kool page. Ok, uh, my sister registered herself, and she typed TWO HUMONGOUS POSTS and the computor COMPLETELY DELETED IT!!!!!!!!!! Both times! She got really frustrated so she's taking a breather. It was her first post, so as you can understand, she had quite a bit to say. HEy rythmic barbarian, what do you mean by "wouldn't it be better to if we set a certain date and time for playing on IRC"??? Just to let you know, organized times and dates are bad for me, cuz I never know whenm I'll be online, so lemme know what you mean. Ok, good. Everybody have a nice night, I'll try to get my sister to try again, and I'll type again later.

17. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

RythmicBarbarian: Ok thanks for the that, I'll start useing it.

Lhydia looks down on to the ground...foot prints? Deep...clawed...Draconian foot prints! Lhydia follows the foot prints down and around many place's. Finaly she comes to a small house on the outer rim of the town. The foot prints lead into the house, it looks different from the other houses some how.

What do you do?

SOB: Hey man I know whats up with you sisters thing! It happened to me! SOB's sister, type in you pass word and name very carfully. I had this problem once. Also before you submit you reply copy and paste it to some other program so that you dont have to type it all back up again. I do that alot.
    Ok SOB. I kinda backed it up a little so that I could get every one on the right time table. Tell your sister to keep at it!

18. OoC: OK I've decided on my stats. No more changes after this.
    Str:16 Dex:14 Con:14 Int:18 Wis:15 Cha:14

IC: Lhydia walks around the house, surveying the outside and the surrounding area, especially the ground. "The tracks seems to end here. This must be the house." says Lhydia to herself. She then walks to the front door. "A draconian eh? Better be ready for anything." Lhydia grips her sword and knocks on the door.

OoC: My character already has a long sword. To be fair to the other players, just subtract the cost of one normal longsword from the total GP I will get later from the draconian. Thanks!

19. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] RythmicBarbarian: As Lhydia knocks on the door is swings at her! She flys throguh the air and lands in a pile of mud. Two Dracionans run out. One is dressed in silver armor from head to toe. The other is a clok. The one in armor keeps running, while the one in the clok runs right at you! Though you are unhurt you are covered in mud, even the inside of your cloths are squishy with mud. "Eek!" Lhydia says as she feels the mud running over her body, then she see's the cloked draconion standing over her, he reaches down sudenly and grabs you, picks you off the ground and brings you to eye level to him. You reach for your sward only to find that its not on your belt, you see on the corrner of your eye that it's laying in the durt about 10 feet away. "You elfish!Do you know SOB?! Never mind, find him! Tell him that he is need in the city of Goth. Got that!? GOTH! Now run and tell him that!" He throws you again this time you land on top of a house, the house that the dracionan's just came out of. When you look up they are no where to be seen. "Damn." Lhydia says to her self, she wasn't ready for something like that.

20. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] OoC: This is a great story. I have to dissapoint you RythmicBarbarian, I can't play on certain days due to my work. And the charm of this is that the story is great and fun to read, and we have time to think about what's going to happen next. Very different from the "chatgames" I've watched around. To write "¤" I press SHIFT-4. Does it work? Anyway IC dropped the barkeep 5 goldpieces when she left the tavern:) and one to the begger, is it ok? SoB In real roleplaying it is pretty much easier to play :). There you are the actor and the DM is everything else. But that would take for ages in forum games. I think DRSW did the right thing, when he chose to play like we do now, with minor influence on what happenes. But I know it is hard to figure out what is crossing over to DM land and what is not :). But we will get the hang of it. I am sure. Anyway I can only support that you write any major posts in "Wordpad" before copying them here. It is really annoying to loose posts.

IC: "Uhmm, my fine man", CI smiles at the Salesman". She brushes her long dark hair back, and leans towards him. "You do sell stuff don't you." "and you do get happy about gold don't you?". "well, I am planning to make you very very happy, CI says and reveals her russian accent. She picks up the first handfull of goldcoins from her beltpouch and says "what would you suggest"....

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited November 11, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.