1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Campaign of Kilren (D&D rules applied)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Lhydia inspects herself for any bruises. "Eagh! Mud! Damn Draconians, thinking they can do anything they want." Lhydia jumps down from the roof and gets her sword. "Who do they think I am? Some kind of messenger girl? I'm a woman!" She looks at the Draconian's house. "I'll come looking later, in the meantime, I have to get some clean clothes. And who in the world is SoB anyway? Grrr, when I find find him..." Her voice trails off as she walks back to her house.

OoC: I do have a house, don't I DRSW? If I don't just describe the place where I go to get clothes and I'll edit my post later. And Nobleman, are you using a Denmark keyboard? People have different keyboards you know ;)
    And I want to ask you, DRSW, do feats, languages and class skills come into play?

[This message has been edited by RythmicBarbarian (edited November 12, 2001).]

2. Durothil Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Hey all. This is SOB's sister's friend and I am wanting to join you guys. I have played the pen and paper version of AD&D and I know the rules pretty well. Tell what I need to do. Also, how do you get the sprite characters at the side of your message. Thanks.

[Read the FAQ for information about your avatar as well as other important stuff about posting here - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited November 12, 2001).]

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Ok, SOB give me some time! You know how some times you get mind blanks. Ya well I kinda had one of those this weekends. Not only that I was taken up at the mall yesterday. I have been tring to think of what is going to happen on the road. But finaly I have it. So be happy.

Ok to every one! Listen up! One big reasion that I haven't pitted any of you to a fight yet is because I didn't really know any ones HP. Well I've got it thoguh out now. Here they are.
    SOB: 14 HP
    NM: 11HP
    RB: 14HP
    Ok now the fighting will start. These are your Base HP(Hit Points), when every you level up your HP will go up by just adding the base staits to your curent HP.

Nobleman: I tried to do that thinking thing, it doesn't wrok for me. But yes if you would like to do that to show me that your thinking I would very much like it. And thanks for clearing up the how many GP's you have. Its hard keeping every one in place so it's helpful if the players help too so thanks.
    The sales man turns around. He sudenly stands up stait and clears his throught. "Yes I do have some thing for the young girl." He smiles, "Heres a list of my products." He passes a list to her.
    X'na's Inn
    List of Products
    Dagger-1d4 damage-2gp
    Morning Star-1d8 damage-8gp
    Whip-1d2 damage-1gp
    Hand Crossbow-1d4 damage-100gp
    Light Crossbow-1d8 damage-35gp
    Heavy Crossbow-1d10 damage-50gp
    Short Bow-1d6 damage-30gp
    Long Bow-1d8 damage-75gp
    Battleaxe-1d8 damage-10gp
    Warhammer-1d8 damage-12gp
    Short Sword-1d6 damage-10gp
    Long Sword-1d8 damage-15gp
    Leather Armor-+2 to AC-10gp
    Scale Mail Armor-+4 to AC-50gp
    Fire Paper(my own product, starts anstant fire by friping the paper)-1d6 damage(if your cought in its blast)-3gp
    ~Potions
    Cure Light Wounds-8hp cured-50gp
    ~Beer
    Black's Thickness-2gp
    Thick as Bark-5gp
    Tastless Wine-15gp
    Golden Dragon-57gp
    On the bottom it reads 'Need a good time? Talk to the man who hands you this list.'
    OoC: Every thing that I say has some deeper meaning then what you see.

RythmicBarbarian: Yes you do have a house. At the present moment feats are a given for every one. Languages, yes. If you know the list of languages then have fun. Pick no more then 5.

Lhydia stands out side her house. Her family has lived in it every since she could remember. Even before she was born this house has held her family. She opned the door, the smell of the worped wood filled her nose like it did every time she walked in. It was one of those wonderful smells that you could never tire of or forget. She took in a deep breath,"Home." It was a rather big house, for its age. The main room was where she was in now. In it was her bed in the far corner, a chest at the foot of the bed had her cloths in it. Across fom the bed was a round table and a fire place next to it. (To her left bed, right table.) Just ahead of her was a door way to the study. It housed her fathers small desk and book shelf. Be on that was the wash room. She had no desirer to duirty her fathers study that he built so she closed the door behind her. Striping herself of her clothes she walked bare to wash the mud from her toes.
    After her wash she walked back to the main room, went to the trunk pulled out her new cloths that she is going to wear. Slips them on her body. OoC: You can go on with the story from here. Also the long sword that you have is a family airloom. That way you can start with it.

Durothil: Welcome! I'm very happy to tell you that you will be the last person to join at the number 5. And even greater is is that you have some XP with D&D. That makes my job a little less easier. Ok just a few things about this I'm the DM. You should read over some of the past post to get a feeling of what is going on and all. The only things that I need from you at this moment are to know your stats. Str. Dex. Con. Int. Wis. Cha. You have 500GP to start out with. In the game you'll have to buy your items. I'll tell you your HP once you have told me your stats. I also need to know class, race and sex. This is a story, I am ruler over most of it but I want the players to have an active role in it to. You are also writing the story just as much as I am so feel free to do what every you want in the game. Just try not to kill any one and nothing bad could come to you later on.

EVERY ONE!
    This is all the players that we have and will ever have. It's getting a little lengthy just to write one post and I want to keep it as it is so we dont have an army invading dungens but a party. All right heres the names of every one thats with us.

Shadow of Blackwater
    RythmicBarbarian
    Nobleman
    Dutothil
    And SOB's sister when she comes.*

*SOB, whens your sister going to post? It's still day two of the week before travling through the dark hills and I would like to get your sister going as soon as I can. Please get her to post or some thing. Thanks:)

I thank you all for joining! It has been a fun page and a half so far, with only a few minor problems. My computer mostly. But besides all of that it as taken off very fast in the last few post and I hope to keep it coming as long as you guys keep playing. Because as we all know a DM is nothing with out players who like to play. I'm looking foward to the next few pages and hopful many more to come. With all of the posts that I have seen so far from all of you I know that this will be the campain of all campains!

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

OoC: Duthotil IS SoB's sister as far as I understood her post. :)

IC:"Thank you sir. I knew we could make an arrangement". IC looks down the list and the back at the Salesman. "The scalemail sound fabulous." ¤I am just a villager, it really feels strange to buy weapons and all. Perhaps I am not ready to adventure¤. "One morning star, please." IC says. And hesitates. "4 potions of Cure light wounds". "I don't plan to die in some damn foolish crusade", CI smiles at the salesman. ¤Oh why not, I have this calling inside of me to adventure, I am gonna do it, I am a strong and determined woman¤. "Then ten of you uhmm. Special Fire papers. They seem handy". CI smiles again. "Uhmm How about a shield is that something you can get me.. For a price I am sure". CI laughs. ¤First I am gonna get the goods, then ask him what that note at the bottom of the page means, it's weird. Very weird indeed.¤

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I know SOB outside of the game and Duthotil is not his sister. I'm still tring to get to have fath in the posting system.

"Well..."He heaves all of IC's items on to the table next to him,"that comes out to be:
    1 mornin star-8gp
    4 cure light wounds-200gp
    1 scale mail-50gp
    10 fire paper-30gp

That comes to 280gp." he stops a minute,"You know I do have a wierd shield of some kind with me. All I know is that no one wears it any more. I dont know what kind of a shield it is but I'll give is to you for 100gp."

6. Lacena Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Alright!! I'm on!! sorry, I've having techincal difficulties.

7. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

If I'm not misstaken...I think thats SOB's sister!

8. Lacena Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Assuming that this confound machine is actually working, I would like to state that my characters name is no longer Ta-Na, but Lacena. It means Lioness. Cool, huh? Hi everyone. Its nice to finally meet you. DM, you said "She turns into a slaad..." I said "JIGGA-WHAT!?" Chris said that it is a person with the blood of a god in them. Sorta like Hercules. ok. I don't quite understand the rules, but I will work to the best of my abilities to figure it out. I don't know how to fight, and I happen to be wordy and discriptive. Sorry. I'm not adding onto the story till I'm certain this actually gets posted because the computers are screwy. :(. Adios Muchachos!

9. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Lacena:Dont worry about fighting. We've taken care of that and elimated the "I post, you post, ect." Its good that you are wordy, so am I once I get into the game. We're all here to make a story. And very one has a part in it. Just aslong as you know that I'm the DM, DICTATING MASTER! No it's realy just Dungen Mater. If you read all the post under the one pointed at you then you'll get a feel I hope of how things are run.

SOB: OoC: Here you go finaly!
    SOB holds his ax tight in his hand. Sweet starts to drip from his forhead. *Why did I every get my self in to this?* Thier is more bushes moving up ahead...FLOSH! An arrow flies from the bushes! SOB doges it with some effort but come up un scaved. A dark hooded gnome jumps from the bushes, runs at SOB with surprising quickness. SOB raises his ax in readness. The gnome pulls out a small dagger! He points it foward in hopes that his extended arm with give him an advantage in the battle. Once the gnome is with in distance SOB lets down the ax right on to the gnomes arm. "AAGGGGG!" cries the gnome. The ax has chopped off his arm! SOB pulls back, the gnome is on the ground now. His arm pumping blood from his body. He takes a few breath's then lays limp, dead. OoC: You can search the body or what every you want now.

I'll post later or edit later and tell every one their stats, hp, ect. Have fun till then!

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] OoC: DOH! How I could not only read Dethothil's post wrong but also assume that it was you who did it is beyond me. Sorry DRSW. :(

IC: "280 GP You say" "I must remind you sir, that you are either giving me a discount for some perculiar reason or you just need some rest." "As far as I see it, it adds up to 288 GP." Or should I say 388 as you peaked my interest with that old shield of yours. CI leans towards the salesman, and says in a strict voice. "I don't cheat you and you don't cheat me right?" She then smiles gently at him and straightens up.

11. OoC: I just realized that I had spells, I was just too blind to notice them :)

Known Wizard Spells (Level 1)

Charm Person
    Protection From Evil
    Hold Portal
    Magic Missile
    Spider Climb
    Summon Monster 1
    Unseen Servant

Memorized Spells

Spider Climb (1)
    Unseen Servant (1)

Feats: Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes, Scribe Scroll

Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Draconic ;), Sylvan, Common, Undercommon.

Class/Cross-Class Skills: Skill Mod
    Climb: 8
    Disable Device: 6.5
    Jump: 8
    Search: 7.5
    Forgery: 6
    Swim: 6
    Scry: 5

Hello and welcome Lacena and Durothil!

IC: Lhydia steps out of her house and heads for the tavern. "Ahh... the night is beautiful," She arrives at the tavern and enters it. After gathering some information about SoB, she heads off, following him.

OoC: DRSW, please direct me to SoB, and I don't have cash!! :(

[This message has been edited by RythmicBarbarian (edited November 15, 2001).]

12. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

Ooc: Hi guys. Guess what! I broke my wrist wednesday! Just thought I'd tell you all! Really quick, my sister says she'll try to type soon, but once again she's having time problems.
    IC: Shadow, after relaxing a bit, let down his axe, and said "Oh, little bugger. Now why'd ya go an' make me do that? Well, serves you right. Corupt life leads to corupt ends, me old dad alus said. Well, no use in wasting a gnome's property." He shrugged, and checked the body for anything he could use.

13. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I would rather wait till every one has all ready posted to do start this. But its been awile since I'v posted last. I relize that not every one can post every day, and some of us can post more then others. So I'm really incureging you all to post a little bit more then you do now. I think that the game will run more smothly that way. I encorage every one to start posting at least twice per week. That way I can manage things a little more smothly. And once Drivers Ed ends for me next week I'll be able to keep this campain following more smothly I think after awile. I would just wish that every one post up to two times a week. If you can thats ok, shit happens you know. So anyways I'd thought that I'd start up some new things with you all. If you have read any of RythmicBarbarian's posts you know that she knows what she is doing. I'm going to change a few things around here and thier and give you all some new things to work with. It will help.

Ok let start with spells since some of you have spells. First of all. You can learn any spell that you want in all the D&D games. You can get them of the internet if you want to too. I just need to know what they do and then I'll tell you if you can use them. Heres another thing. You only know what spells you have memerized. All the others you can pick them when you have learned then and then you can use them. Ok I think I made that clear enough. If not you can ask me.

Ok heres some thing else. If you've noticed RythmicBarbarian also has Feats. Heres how Feats work...every one has all of them. I'm not going to bother with them because it would just get even more complcated. Just like my spelling. Not only that but also Class/Cross-Class Skills are given to every one. Thanks RythmicBarbarian for making it out anyways. To input these two things into the game it would get very complactated and very hard to understand. I'm tring to keep this all as simple as I can. Belive me, I once ran a test game with friends to see how we could put the D&D rules line to line. Lets put it this way, walking became and breathing became as hard as combat so just think what combat was like. We ditched it very fast.

Ok last thing. Languages. This is easy, just pick five from the list below.

Name-who speaks it
    Abyssal-Demons
    Aquan-Water creatures
    Auran-Air creatures
    Celestial-Good people
    Common-Every one all ready has this a free Lang.
    Draconic-Dragons
    Druidic-Drudes only
    Dwarven-Dwarves
    Elven-Elves
    Gnome-Gnomes
    Goblin-Goblins
    Giant-Giants
    Gnoll-Gnolls
    Halfling-Halflings
    Ignan-Fire creatures
    Infernal-Devils
    Orc-Orcs
    Sylvan-Dryads
    Terran-Earth creatures
    Undercommon-All other

Ok, thats it for now. Heres the game part now. Just rember that if you have any questions to ask. Thanks RythmicBarbarian for bringing that to my atention. I never thought about it. Thanks!

~Lacena: Still waiting for your first post. Soon I hope to get it, thanks.

~Durothil: Still waiting to here from you too. If you have any questions just ask.

~SOB: Man wrist is got to be killing you when you type :lol: Ok well anyways, I was hoping that you might type a little more then you did. But anys ways...
    SOB cheaks the blood riden body of the dead gnome. He is careful to not get blood on his clothes so no odd questions would come up later. On the gnome he finds: a dagger, small bow and 5arrows, and a War Ax with some weird writing on it. He also finds 10gp.

Ok. For me it's late and I got to get up really eirly tomrow. So I'm going to stop here. Nobleman and RythmicBarbarian I'll get the next part of your post up on this very post as soon as I'm able to. Thanks for waiting. It wont be long now.

14. OoC:Umm... just to clear things up here... I'm a GUY. My character is a FEMALE, not me. I usually use HER when my main MALE is on another game. :):D;):p:grin:

OoC: (Reply to below) No not at all Nobleman, it's just to get the message across. To prove that I'm not touchy, I've added a few smilies :)

[This message has been edited by RythmicBarbarian (edited November 18, 2001).]

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] OoC: Touchy are we RythmicBarbarian :p.
    Anyway the 5 languages.
    Dwarven- From knowing SoB
    Gnome- ?
    Halfling-?
    Orc-?
    goblin-?

I could make some background story on this if you want. Then you can use it to backstab/surprise me later in the adventure :D

16. Durothil Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] I am really sorry for the late post, been busy lately... anyways
    Race:Elf
    Class:Ranger
    Languages:Elven, Sylvan, Terran, Draconian, and Celestial.
    Attributes:Str 16 Dex. 18 Con. 12 Int. 17
    Wis.19 Cha 15

Tell me if the stats are ok, a little unorthodox dontcha think?

[This message has been edited by Durothil (edited November 17, 2001).]

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I don't think stats are the prime issues in DRSW's story. It is just roleplaying. I think it is awesome. Welcome onboards.

18. Durothil Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Thanks for the welcome Nobleman:) Look forward to playing. Well, what should I do now? Wait for the DM to introduce me into the story, right? :hippy: Oh and one more thing. I would like Durothil to be a Forest (Green) Elf. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Durothil (edited November 19, 2001).]

19. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Hi all! Sorry I havn't been able to post for awile and it looks like I wont for at least two more days. It's erily in the moring now and I have to leave for school in a few minutes. I haven't been able to get near my computer during the afternoon. But I wake up eirly enough I'll post another one on turkey day moring. Intell then you could all just talk to each other and get to know every one! :)

20. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] OoC: We wait in anxiety. I think you have to figure out an alignment Duthoril. Good neutral or evil. and then Lawfull, neutral, or chaotic. I guess. Unless your elven race has some standard behaviour :)

IC: CI tries to spot the Half-elf Duthoril. ¤He has talked about venturing out in the big world before¤. ¤Perhaps he will join with the Draconian.¤ CI looks back at the merchant.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited November 21, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.