1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Campaign of Kilren (D&D rules applied)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Sep 25, 2001.

1. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] OoC: freaking Cool.

IC: Crazy Ivana Looks at Lhydia while they listen to the draconian's tale. She grins in the secret and whispers. "This is some tale.". She then mounts her horse wondering if SoB will be mad that he was unfairly judged as the one beeing late. She turns towards the Draconian. "How about food and water?"

2. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Lhydia just nods her head, concentrating on the draconian. "Gems... Hmph, why care for material posessions while the real gem is in the sky." Lhydia thought out loud. She looks to the sky and her eye is transfixed to the moon. "Sigh, very well. If half what you said is true, we shall better recover this gem, less it be used for evil." Lhydia unsheaths her sword, and thrusts it towards the hard ground. "Like I said," she pauses as she examines the other adventurers, "I demand payment beforehand. I am without equipment, save my sword. I need money to buy provisions and perhaps some other things."

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Kin looks at Lhydia. "If you demand payment then here." He gives every one a bag. "It cantains 100gp each. That sould hold you till I can get the rest for my master." He turns to CI on her horse, "Food and water are the least of my worries but yes you will get some. If we go to a inn or have to pay for something then I'll pay for it. Do not worry." He turns to face Lhydia, "I have something for you." Out of his bag Kin pulls out a suite of armor. "This belonged to the Great Llama. He was one of me most trusted friends back when I first started to travle on my own. This armor has a spell on it to disspell and one you touch and has some sort of spell that keeps most spells from hurting you. Llama would have been happy to see it go to such a person as you. He would not go anywere unless paid also." Kin holds out the armor to Lhydia. Does she accept?

4. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ooc: Ok,Ok,DM, I get it, I don't post enough. Very funny with the horses,a nice trick to play on a good surdy dwarf who doesn't really want to leavethe ground! haha
    :)

IC: Shadow has already been back to the store, buying a hand crossbow for 100gp, and two cure light wounds for 100gp, therefore paying the inn keep 200 gp's. He now, after being insulted by a lizard walker, issomewhat infuriated,tryingto keep his composure in frontofhis longtime friends whom justsaw him be hit verbally. "If Iknew any better, sir kin," he said with a small snarl,nothing to worry about, "I'd say I wasn't too late and that some of this group has been doing things that respectfully would not have permitted us from leaving any way." Now, after realizing that he was expected to RIDE A HORSE (For Grungi's sake)he was trully mad. "How do you expect me to ride a horse? I am a dwarf! In the name of my ancestors I will not ride on one of these beasts! I expect you shall be a bit more respectful to a dwarf's nature, sir, or a dwarf's nature will not be a very nice one! I shall jog alongside you all, unless any of you can think of a better way for me to travel...that does not include coming more than two axe shafts above the ground!"

Ooc: By the way, that was not a subliminal message, DM, that I am pissed. I thought that it was kinda funny thatyou expected a dwarf toride a horse. Nice trick!

5. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Lhydia smiles as she takes the armour in her hand. "'Tis certainly a fine piece of work. I am almost sorry I have to decline," she says as she hands the armour back to Kin, "I am a fighter learned in the arcane arts, and unless you have a robe or an armour forged by elves, I shall go on with that is on my skin.". She glances at SoB, noting his potions, "And some potions will be appreciated too... or we could stop by the local shop so I can purchase some for myself."

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Kin looks at SOB. "Well..." Kin looks around. A small smile comes to his face. "I hope your good at balance. Because this is what your going to do. I'm going to tie some rope to Ta-Na's horse and tie that on to a flat board. Then you just hang on and "slide" behind her. Think you can do it?"
    SOB nod's his head. After some time tieing up up the horse to his new "wagen with out wheels" Lhydia takes Kin aside(see Rhythm's post above). Kin smiles,"I am glad that the arcane arts have not died." Kin takes the armor back. "Do not worry about potions as of yet I have some that I will share with you. It is only a short ways through the darking hills. It is a most that we leave now. Please Lhydia, we must leave."

7. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

"Well,alright.It's still quite embarrassing, but I'll do it to keep up. Say now, where's Lacena? Oh come now Lhydia, let's just go. I'll defend you...no need for potions, hahhah!"

8. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

SOB, Lacena = Ta-Na right? That's your sister, or is it some one else?

9. Durothil Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Durothil sighs and grins to himself, following everyone to the stable, quietly. He looks around himself and thinks about his years here. "Will I ever see this place again?" He thinks to himself. "I would rather die in battle than here, but I have grown attached." Durothil sighs again and blows an errant lock of hair out of his face as he mounts his horse. He tucks the bag of gold into an unseen compartment and watches everyone patiently, contemplating about the journey to come and his role in it. He tilts his head as he watches SOB with his wagon without wheels and chuckles, shaking his head slightly. Yawning, Durothil stretches again and gentley pet his horse, quietly whispering to it. Durothil looks to the sky above and feels a raw form of joy deep within his heart. He cannot wait to get on the road, away from the city, to nature where he belongs.

ooc: Sorry for not posting for a while. I will try to do better.

10. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

As every one mounts their horse Kin walks out of the barn to look up at the sky, "By the power of Golem I will get the Crow Gem back." Every one then rode their horse out next to him. Kin looked over his sholder,"I will under stand if any of you do not wish to come." Every one stays were they are, not moving. "We have come this far, why not go futher?" SOB says. "SOB's right, we know to much for you to let us just leave." Ta-Na states. "Then we shall leave. Maybe never coming back or never leaving." Kin starts to run off in to the distence towards the road to the Darking Hills. Each in turn rides off behind him. Ta-Na follows last with SOB riding behind her. At first SOB is a little thrown off by the sled but keeps him self together and stay's on. Travling for many hours through the dark woods they have heard nothing but the beating of their own hearts and the pounding of the hooves on the ground. Some worry that they could be ambushed making so much noise. Far into the ride the moon is sudlenly blocked out. They look up with out losing pace, if any they gain pace. A larg black winged figur files over them. The wind created by it's wings were great, like that of a powerful storm. But as quiclky as it came it left. What was it? A dragon? No one could have been able to tell. As the moon pressed on through the night the horse's soon started to slow down. At first no one noticed. But when the horse's started to walk and then just stoped all together they knew it was as far as the horse's could go. Kin came over to them. "We will make camp here. The horse's can go no further." They set about making a small fire so as not to attrack to much attention. They all sit down around the camp fire. "It is late." SOB says. "Yes. Kin says. "I'm hungy." Ta-Na says. Kin looks around. "All right we will eat and then sleep." Kin pulls out a flab of meat and a flask of water. Soon the meat is cooking and the water quenchs all. After the meat is done cooking Kin passes it around. "Look their,"Kin points futher down the path to an opening int he trees. Their is Nobo, that's where we are going. You can find most anything their." They all look at that little peep of the great city. Soon with full bellys every one finds a soft place on the ground to sleep. And they sleep.

11. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

While the others are sitting around the fire, being not appreciative of the conversation, Lhydia caresses her horse gently. "A pity I can't ride well, or I'm sure you would make a good steed." She looks up at the moon again. "May we all return safely from this journey." With that, she returns to her companions and goes to sleep.

OoC: Nobody keeping watch? /me shakes head ;)

12. Durothil Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Durothil tosses in his sleep and groans slightly. The elf, obviously disturbed, sits up suddenly, looking around at the sleeping figures, gasping for breath. With a nod to himself and a small chuckle, Durothil stands up and walks over to the horses. After petting them briefly, Durothil wanders a little out away from the camp, where he stares up at the sky.After several quite moments, Durothil sighs and turns around to try and sleep again.

13. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

ooc: I think I'm going to post for Kin so it seems like he belongs to the party instead of the DM always playing him. I get to play too:) ~DM

Kin slowly rise's with out making a sound. He opens his eye's to look around at his fellow adventurs. His dreams speak the truth, Lhydia and Durothil had gotten up eirly and visted the horse's. Kin retracted his claw's so that the scratching on any stray rocks would not desterb any one. He walks over to the horse's. Gently he strocked the horse's one by one all the while talking to them in a wisper. "If only they knew what you really were. They would be so scaird but yet so impressed. You all have mantained loyal to me for years even when I set you free you still stayed with me. I love you all more then anything in the whole world. And I am glad that you have come with me save the Crow Gem. It is a great honor." He wonders off in to the woods in search for food. It doesn't take long for him to find a deer. Killing it with just his claws. Gathering strips and putting them in his pouch he headed off to wake every one. To bad they didn't have more time to sleep. Unfortanly Kin knew that it was going to be like this the rest of the advenute. Whitch was going to make it dangeress.

ooc: I'm in a creative mude :D

14. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] IC: CI yawns in the moonlight. Can we please stop making all this noise, we are attracting predators. A bit grumpy she turns over and sleeps on. This time with her hand next to her morning star.

15. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

As Kin starts to walk back to the fire with his fresh kill Kin hears a branch break. "NAAA!" Yells a hundred goblins, as they charge foward. "FOR THE METALLIC DRAGONS!" Kin yells as he runs to met their charge. Swinging his blade to and fro he doesn't watch were he swings the blade. goblin heads and arms start to fly every where. "ARGGG!!" Kin yells again as a spear pentreats his skin. The horse's back at the camp start to naa and stomp the ground, shurly waking some one.

16. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

OoC: Yay, my first fight.

IC: Lhydia stands up abruptly when she heard the goblin cry. Apparently, she wasn't sleeping. She brandishes her sword and kicks the other adventurers awake. "To arms! Orcs about!" she shouts as she rushes to Kin's side.

OoC: So how are we going to handle a fight?

17. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

How to handly fights? Thats a good question. I've been thinking about it for awile. In paper D&D it's an inportant part of the game. Every player take's a turn. If we did that here even this simple fight would take form 10 to 40 posts per person. I dont want to do that. So listen up every one! Here's how you battle. Just decribe a what you do in the battle. Then I'll come and post if all the emeny has died or not and if you need to keep fighting. When I say that the fight has ended then I'll post every ones curent statis, what was done and if any one got hurt. Here's what I need from all of you. I need you to post your total in gold at the bottom of your next post. Thanks! ~DM

18. Durothil Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] ic: Durothil bolts upright, hearing the warning. He reaches for his bow, and slings his quiver of arrows over his shoulder. Running low, Durothil approaches the forest carefully. Seeing the Kin battling the goblins, he draws out an arrow, notches it and pulls back the string till it is about to break from the tension. Aiming for the head of the first goblin he sees, he lets the arrow fly. Before checking his shot, he rolls, swiftly draws, notches, and draws back the arrow aiming carefully at the next goblin.

ooc:I can't attack more than once per post, right? And I think I have 195 gold. May be wrong. Kickarse! A battle!

19. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Durothil, you make a good point about only attcking once per turn. I forgot about that. You can attack for 3 to 5 times per post, unless that I say that you can do more. With 3 to 5 turns I think that will simulate a more real battle. Because lets face it, are you going to stop after shoting one arrow and wait for something to attack you? I dont think so.

20. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

Ooc: Sweeeeet!

IC: Shadow wakes up with the elf, and makes full sure he has his HANDcrossbow in one hand and his Waraxe in the other. He finds some cover and notches and shoots one arrow. He repeats for one more,and then tries for another one,but realizes the remaining arrows must have fallen out of the short quiver back at camp. He has no more arrows,so he charges headlong into battle. He swipes up once, trying to halve a smaller gobbo, but isrunning so fast he can't see ifthegoal is accomplished. He charges another, swiping down, but once again he does not see. Are they winning yet?Well, hedoes notknow, but he gets readyfor another charge.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.