1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Campaign of Kilren (D&D rules applied)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Durothil Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Durothil losses the drawn arrow at another goblin. Kneeling down,he draws another arrow and draws it back, aiming for the goblim closest to Kin while praying to Corellon that he will not hit the draconian in the process.

2. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] IC: CI jumps to her feet when she realises that this isn't the previous horse whispering. She picks up her morning star and shield, her potions of cure light wounds and firepapers. She runs to team up with the draconian, standing back to back. She yells out if anyone needs healing while running up to the draconian!

OoC: How does those firepapers work?

gold: 244 (494-350)+100 from Draconian
    inventory:
    1 morning star-8gp
    4 cure light wounds potions-200gp
    1 scale mail-50gp
    10 fire paper-30gp
    1 strange shield-100gp

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited January 19, 2002).]

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

FirePaper: Ripe the paper anywhere and it creates a type of fire. Total randam the fire is. Maybe it'll blow your hands off maybe it will just light a match. You never know intell you light it. Try it, if you dare:rolleyes:

Looks like every one posted. Didn't relized it :p

Kin falls down to the ground with a spear in his leg. The battle rages on.

ooc: Durothil and Lhydia I still need you staits of what all you have. Like CI's above. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited January 20, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited January 20, 2002).]

4. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

IC: Lhydia slashes the goblins who come too close and tries to dodge oncoming attacks. After slashing another goblin, she sees Kin's leg impaled by a spear. "Ivana! to Kin!" she shouts as she parries another blow.

OoC: She has 100 gold and a long-sword.

5. Durothil Gems: 2/31

ooc: Durothil has a longsword, long bow, 4 curelight wounds, leather armor, and 8 arrows. He also has 195 gold. And are you going to tell us if we hit or not, or do we decide that on our own?

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Not in this fight. Small fights like this every turn hits. Thier what I like to call "ants". Their are a lot of them but it's real easy to just stomp on them. Harder fights I call "dogs". With "dogs" I'll tell you if you hit or not. But since this is my capain then every slash wack and stringing of a bow works flalessly unless I say. Or you say, though I dont know why you would. ~DM

7. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

Hey guys!

IC: Shadow aims his charge for Kin and Ivana, and,slashing down two rather large goblins on the way, reaches them both. " I suppose you two will be needing some help, eh? This is some fight! aaaaaaAAAAARGHHHH!" He bellows ashe throws one greensking into another, luckily so that the first one's iron blade was twirling perfectlyfor the other's neck. "You know,the goblins these days are just getting weaker and weaker! Thisfight, although a greatly fun one, should be over soon." This whole time he's been parrying and thrusting attacks. "You know, I once saw a pine even bigger than that one over there!" He said casually as he hacked the last remaing gobbo in his vacinity, waiting for moreto come as he defended the two friends. " Say," he said, wiping his brow, "where in Grungni's nameis theOrc leader? I have not even seen him yet! Well, when he show's his face I should like to take a try at'im!" Ivana rolls her eyes, Shadow replies, "Well now, missy! I don't mean that in an egotistical way or nothin'! I just am feeling good! That's all!"

Ooc: Is that enuf, Mr. DM???

8. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

As the last goblin heads fall from the blades of your swords Kin stands up. Looking behind him he pulls the spear from his leg. He snaps it in half, throwning it to the ground. As you look around at the bloody ground you count only five of you. One is missing! Ta-Na! She is no where to be seen! You dont remember waking her to fight. Was she even here to fight? Was she ever with you? She was always so quite...(you are able to search the goblin bodies)

All right every one! Good fight. It worked out rather well for us. I'll change some things on my part. But you all were fantasic. All right here's your running staits...

SOB:
    HP: 15/15
    XP:650(500 for killing the gobilns, 100 for the gnome, 50 for riding on the sleid)
    GP:100
    Items:
    Crossbow(your going to need cross bolts for this)
    Cure light wounds x2
    War Axe

Ta-Na:
    HP: 15/15(Could be dead)
    XP: 0
    GP:NONE
    Items:
    NOT KNOW

Kin:
    HP: 23/26
    XP: 6784
    GP: enough
    Items:
    Sword
    Armor(not worn)

CI:
    XP: 500
    GP: 244
    Items:
    Morning Star x1
    Cure light wounds x4
    Scale mail x1
    Fire paper x10
    Strange Sheild x1

Durothil:
    GP: 195
    Items:
    Long sword
    Long bow
    Cure light wounds x4
    Leather armor
    Arrows x8

Lhydia:
    GP: 100
    Items:
    Long sword

9. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] IC: Don't worry my dear SoB you can get to kill all the monsters we meet, as long as you stay out of trouble in the city. CI looks down on SoB's agile thieving fingers. CI wonders if she should ask about Kin's wound but hesitates. He is a proud warrior and might get angry if we tried to help him and make him look weak. Instead CI begins to talk about the Goblins. Now Kin. Was this just a random storm of Goblins or is there more to it than that? Were they after something we have. Or you have? CI turn around to see if the whole team is ok, while Kin is thinking. It seems so, but what about TA-Na? Should we search for her Kin? CI then takes extra care to look out for more Goblins as the rest of the group might search the dead Goblins.

OoC: Great work DRSW. This keeps getting better and better :)

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited January 22, 2002).]

10. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

OoC: It's only starting too! I keep thinking of ways to make this campain better and it works! If I'm not mistaken then all of you are new to this? If so then I tell you your all doing a wonderful job. :) Keep on posting my RPG freinds, your doing great!

Kin inspects his scar that was once a flowing river of blood. *Dieing would have been better for me.* He thinks. "Should we search for her Kin?" CI asks, pearcing Kins careful thoughts. "Hmmm? Oyes. I remember now," Kin puts a hand on his head tring to think. "I remember seeing her...some kind of, cairage...goblins all over me... sa'rounded...fighting...you came, then you and you... I can't fully remember." Kin stands up a little taller,"You see when dracoinains black out they start a heal any wounds but at the cost of memory. The bad about it is that the worse the wound the more memory is taken. If I every black out for a whole day and a half then I wont even remember my own birth." Kin picks up his blade form the ground and slids it into his belt. "We should keep moving. Where theirs one goblin theirs a hundred. Forget the horse's, the goblins have probley already taken then. We'll have a better chance of getting them in the next town. Goblins don't ride horse's so they'll sell them most likly to the highest bidder, unless they have a mage with in their hands." Kin starts to walk to the next town(which has eluded my mind, have I given it a name yet?) "Come on every one we have to move so we are not ambushed again."

11. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Lhydia drags herself up and looks around. "Quite a few we slayed today. Almost too easy..". After a brief rest, she continues on with her companions.

OoC: Not much to say today, I'm sick :(, sory. BTW, don't we get any XP?

12. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Ya you do get XP, every one got 500xp. Thats where you got 500xp from. Where did you think you got, Mars? lol, jk. Dont worry most xp will be for other stuff besides fighting like say undoing a trap.

As you all come over the last hill smoke stars to rise from the ground ahead of you. Cresting the top of the hill you over see the great city of Gopy. Placed in the middle of the the huge grass lands with a single large wall srounding the peremiter it is a grand sight to see. Their is hardly open place in on the oppisite side of the walls. One could hide very well with in such a place you think. Not relizing it your suddenly apon the gate. It rises high in to the sky,it seems to go on forever up, up, up in to the sky. On eather side of the gate is a regament of sword men. They dont move but stair strait forward at each other.

Ok this city is in fact a big city. No way will anyone know what all lies in this city. But thier is a way to know most of it. Split up and each go their own way then meet back at some time. Talk it over with each other. ~DM

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited January 25, 2002).]

13. Shadow of Blackwater Gems: 2/31

OoC: Hey, Rhythm, get well soon!!!

Ic:"I am impressed by the breifness of that as well, Ivana, but there could be more. I just want a good whack at the Orcish Leader! Where in Durin's Day is he?"

14. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Kin looks down apon SOB. "Why do keep persisting that their is an Orcish Leader? I have not head of such a thing in over 2,000 years? Infact from what I know Orc's have been long dead."

15. Durothil Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] ic:Durothil looks up from the ground as he trudges toward the city. His eyes fall apon the sprawling mass of buildings and walls and grimaces. *Great, once I finally leave a city, I have to go back into one* Durothil shakes his head and keeps this tought to himself. After a little longer, Durothil starts fiddling with the hilt of his sword. He sighs, then looks up to Kin and the others and gives them a wry smiles. "Must I enter such a place? I shall enter the town if there is no other option, but is there something I can do outside those horrid walls that will help our quest?" Durothil raises his eyebrows and a hopefull looks enters the features on his face. He begins to slow down, waiting for an answer.

16. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Kin looks down apone Durothil. "You do not like cities do you? Yes their is something you can do out side the city. Goblins are not let in to the city unless their are in chains. Look around the outside to see if theirs another way in. And keep your eyes peild for goblins and our horse's. If we dont find them then our quest will be much harder."

17. Durothil Gems: 2/31

ic: Durothil smirks and nods. He glances around, then kneels down low, making his way to the wall. He brings an arrow out and notches it on the bow, keeping the string loose. He quietly begins to make his way along the wall, all his senses alert.

ooc: What are the shadows like along the wall?

18. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I see where your going with this.:wink:

The shadows all around are dark but if one were to peer very closely they could make out every thing in the shadow.

19. Durothil Gems: 2/31

ic: Durothil waves at the rest of the party as he sets off along the wall, grinning to himself. He peers into his quiver and frowns. *Hmmm, only 8 left. I'll have to conserve them* He looks up again and picks up the pace, almost jogging along the side of the road, listening for any sign of life ahead. He checks the catch on the sheath of his long sword to make sure it lose as he walks and he take the bow from his back and makes sure the sting is tight. *Reminds me of those long months alone along those human settlements,* Durothil thinks to himself. He continues to walk, enjoying the sunny (?) day, and the nature all around him.

20. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

It's not a sunny day yet. It's still eirly morning so theirs still shadows for another three or so hours.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.